• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Seizures from pregabalin (Lyrica)

Ive had 2 seizures from medium - high dose (800+mg) lyrica in the past and I've never had a seizure before that in my life.

I used to use lyrica quite a lot recreationally but after the second seizure I have not taken it since. Both times I had taken various other drugs methamp, mephadrone, ketamine, alcohol and had been awake for 24+ hours.

I've been using pregabalin recreationally for many years. I was prescribed it back in the days for anxiety, 2x300mg/day. Unfortunately at some point it got harder and harder to get on RX.

I've had many wonderful moments on pregabalin, without any problems. The problems started last year, when I started getting twitches and ultimately seizures.

Also note that I did take clonazepam today after the temazepam started to wear off. I'm aware that clonazepam is a very strong anticonvulsant, much stronger than temazepam. So I always have clonazepam at hand from now on when I take pregabalin. But there was indeed a great synergy between pregabalin and temazepam. Much more enjoyable than with any other benzo I've taken with pregabalin. Btw, although temazepam is hypnotic benzo, I don't find it especially hypnotic or sedative. I can function just fine on it. E.g. midazolam, nitrazepam and the Z-drugs (zopiclone, zolpidem) are much more hypnotic and definitely puts you to sleep.
Ive had gastric bypass n high tolerance for everything.. hell morphine n fentanyl dont effect me. Anyways im like u, i have fibromyalgia n ive been on it for quite sometime n ive taken too many n if i start to twitching, i go ahead n take a keppra or clonazepam. I take 1500mg of keppra n starting gabapentin i dailed back on the keppra. im suppose to take the clonazepam 2x but i take it when i need it. I also had seizures before this n im tramadol bc thats about the only thing that works. Dude who originally asked the question, im to sleepy to look back lol... when i first started havin them n they kept having to up it but they also gave me diazepam gel (rectal) if im with someone n goes over 5 mins..but everyone is different.. n if u wanna feel that riding a unicorn over a rainbow n talking a mile a min... gradually work up to it. If u start to twitch or jerk, get benzo or a seizure med like keppa.. be safe n enjoy 😉

It's like alcohol, but you still feel stressed. Really knocks you out but not in a pleasant way.

It seems that I have found a way to avoid seizures while on high doses of Lyrica; Valporate (Deprakine/Depakote). It's a powerful antivonculsant that I've been given several times when I've been in detox for benzos or other benzo WD to prevent seizures.

I've never got a seizure while on Valproate, and it also reduces the twitching quite remarkedly. There are also several scientific reports that confirm that Valproate reduces the severity of benzo WD symptoms.

Of course I could take benzos to be on the safe side too, but I'd rather avoid them as much as I can. Valproate is not addictive in any way and while I want to underline that this is no scientific recommendation, you can take it as an anecdotal experience.