Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Seeking treatment for opium addiction in Asia

TreeHugger89

Greenlighter
Hi all,
I'm new to the website..... I'm looking for treatment options in Asia, probably Thailand, for opium addiction (heroin - me and my boyfriend). I've heard of a few places but I think they're quite expensive?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi treehugger,

Welcome to bluelight. We don't get much traffic around here with people from Asian areas, but I do recall a few. Hopefully they'll see this and be able to help you out.

I've never left Australia so have no idea, but was thinking that asking questions at your local doctors surgery might be worth a try?

Good luck with finding help!

Hi all,
I've heard of a few places but I think they're quite expensive?

Yeah the one I know about is private and on the same sort of fees as those in the USA. I think they aim at people with expensive health insurance cover.
http://www.thefix.com/content/cabin-chiang-mai-thailand-rehab00432

Actually that same website has a review of a monastery in Thailand that acts as a sanctuary for addicts. Doesn't have a price but it is described as "basic even by Thai standards". It sounds like they accept foreigners and locals alike.

Hi treehugger!
Not sure what your budget is / what you'd class as expensive....there are some really good options in Thailand and around Asia.
If you're looking for something a little bit more comfortable than the Thai temple detoxes (which I've heard are highly effective but can be quite basic as mentioned above), then I can recommend some guys who work in Chiang Mai (North Thailand) - they're not as pricey as some of the "boutique" places but offer very effective treatments for addiction.
www.yourselftherapy.com
They're really nice guys and I'm sure they'll give you great advice regardless.
I wish you and your boyfried all the best on your journey to freedom :D