• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Seeking Advice - First Grow

nomis44

Greenlighter
HI guys, I'm ready to start my first grow. Should I start with hydroponics or aeroponics or both? Also What stores do you recommend for me to buy my supplies?

We've got a nice, quiet circle of growers here at bluelight. They tend not to broadcast their hobbies, but always show up to answer questions that relate to their expertise.

If you don't mind, I'd suggest changing the title of this thread (there should be an "Edit" button visible to you at the bottom of your post)-- just so that it's obvious that we're talking about horticulture here. Something like "Seeking Advice - First Grow" or something along those lines.

Sorry I can't offer much more help than that, though! I've never grown anything other than tomatoes, peppers, and various herbs that combine to make just the best sauces.

I do hydroponics. Unfortunately I don't have a store to recommend as I get everything from a friend who was too paranoid to grow.

Hey @nomis44 Welcome to Bluelight.
I've grown tomatoes by using aeroponics. The setup was fairly simple and it didn't take up much room at all. You can find some decent aeroponics grow kits come 'all in one', meaning you get every thing you need (minus the weed). Couldn't tell you where though, that was maybe 10 years ago.
As for hydroponics goes I am not really sure what to tell you, hopefully someone will come around and provide some more information about it. :)

I would roll passive hydro. Easier, more forgiving and large yields. Given it’s your first roll might want to try this. There is a good chance you won’t look back.

It doesn't take long to learn how to grow top shelf, but there is an initial learning curve. I wouldn't put too much stock into expecting your first harvest to come out top shelf, no matter what technique you use.

The less money you spend on your first grow, the better. The rest will come with experience and time.

With that said, soil is a great medium for beginners. My most frequented store would probably be Way To Grow. They are in Colorado and you don't have to pretend like you're growing tomatoes. Just tell them you are growing weed and they'll assist you with any tech help you need.

Yep, given it’s your first try go for a soilless substrate. I’d go for coco and run and start to
learn with that. One mechanical failure with the others and your whole show can be done.

We've got a nice, quiet circle of growers here at bluelight. They tend not to broadcast their hobbies, but always show up to answer questions that relate to their expertise.

If you don't mind, I'd suggest changing the title of this thread (there should be an "Edit" button visible to you at the bottom of your post)-- just so that it's obvious that we're talking about horticulture here. Something like "Seeking Advice - First Grow" or something along those lines.

Sorry I can't offer much more help than that, though! I've never grown anything other than tomatoes, peppers, and various herbs that combine to make just the best sauces.
thanks, consider it done.