• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Seeing DOC on monday, need Ritalin.

Gaffy

Bluelighter
So i talked to my DOC earlier and said I needed something to help with cravings and she seemed positive into helping me. Now i see het again on monday, is there anything I can say other than that i use to get it from a friend and that it helps with cravings without getting me high persee, that i eat healthier when i take it and that it helps with my lingering depression. Otherwise I'll buy 4F-MPH pills. As I've decided to stop hard-drugs in general. (Going to detox soon) thing is if i buy the 4F i won't be able to take any in detox, but if it's from the doctor it Will remaim An option.

Are these cravings for meth or cocaine?

I know here in the US, people with ADHD are more likely to develop a cocaine addiction and one of the medications has been shown to help stop cocaine use, so they would possibly be willing to prescribe for that.

Receiving a prescription of Ritalin for meth cravings, that I'm not entirely sure about.

People who abuse meth often have scripts for ADD like adderall or ritalin. I don't understand that because they take the medications as prescribed and never abuse their scripts... but meth is fair game for them. I don't know if pharmaceutical stimulants could ever replace meth or stop cravings if meth is the DOC. It would be like a heroin addict using percocet to stay off heroin. It wouldn't really work in the long run besides staying close to the real villain in their lives IMHO.

There are a number of semi-positive but ultimately inconclusive studies about using Rx stimulants like Ritalin and Dex in treating meth addiction. However, no medical authority anywhere has so far legalised the practice. In some places doctors can prescribe drugs off-label for non-official purposes but in Australia at least they are specifically prohibited for doing that with stimulants.

That said my psychiatrist believes in it and advises that many of his patients on dex have stopped abusing everything from alcohol to caffeine.

An alternative might be bupropion which is easier to prescribe and is demonstrated to reduce cravings.

There are a number of semi-positive but ultimately inconclusive studies about using Rx stimulants like Ritalin and Dex in treating meth addiction. However, no medical authority anywhere has so far legalised the practice. In some places doctors can prescribe drugs off-label for non-official purposes but in Australia at least they are specifically prohibited for doing that with stimulants.

That said my psychiatrist believes in it and advises that many of his patients on dex have stopped abusing everything from alcohol to caffeine.
I thought that's what you might have been getting dexamphetamine for? If people are after a drug with similar effects to meth, dexamphetamine pills should work fine. If they are addicted to the rush of smoking or shooting, dexamphetamine tablets probably won't do.

They are very strict about prescribing stimulants here. It's a little bit different in each state, but I know people who got dexamphetamine scripts no problem. Just by saying it helps keep them off the pipe, or helps them focus at work..

I thought that's what you might have been getting dexamphetamine for? If people are after a drug with similar effects to meth, dexamphetamine pills should work fine. If they are addicted to the rush of smoking or shooting, dexamphetamine tablets probably won't do.

They are very strict about prescribing stimulants here. It's a little bit different in each state, but I know people who got dexamphetamine scripts no problem. Just by saying it helps keep them off the pipe, or helps them focus at work..

My psychiatrist believes (and the DSM-V agrees) that substance abuse is a symptom of ADHD. Therefore he had no problem prescribing me dex even though I had a history of IV cocaine and meth use. He argued (and made sure he got a second opinion from another psychiatrist to the same effect) that I was taking drugs partly because by ADHD was untreated. Certainly when I started taking prescribed dex I stopped taking any other kind of stimulant for about 4 years. It was only when I stopped taking my other meds and had a manic bi-polar episode that I picked up the needle and started doing meth again.

You are right though about the complications of being addicted to the rush of shooting. When I was quitting meth I found it was needle fantasies that triggered me and caused a relapse more than anything else.

As @Atelier3 has already said, substance abuse is a symptom of ADHD in the DSM-V and there are some studies showing that rates of substance abuse among people with ADHD actually decrease when they are treated with prescribed medication. The idea behind this is that basically people with ADHD will often self-medicate if they're not being professionally treated.

That being as it is, this is the best thing to mention to your doctor, OP. Instead of asking for Ritalin to replace your drugs of abuse, suggest that you think you have symptoms of ADHD and were using stimulants to self-medicate, and ask if you could try an ADHD med like Ritalin to see if it helps stabilise you.

In general doctors are pretty happy if a patient goes from self-medicating to taking prescribed meds for obvious reasons.

I also don't think it's even bending the truth. You said yourself that when you take Ritalin it helps your cravings, you eat more healthily, and it treats your depression. All of that sounds to me like the Ritalin is having a legitimate medical benefit.

So Ive been prescribed concerta in the past because of ADHD, should I tell my DOC about it?

So Ive been prescribed concerta in the past because of ADHD, should I tell my DOC about it?
Concerta is Ritalin. If you want Ritalin as per your original post then it makes sense to tell your doctor you have previously been prescribed it and it worked well.

However, you need to think about whether your best strategy is asking for it directly to curb meth cravings or asking for it to deal with your ADHD issues.

It is probably much easier for your doctor to prescribe it for ADHD than for meth cravings.

Concerta is Ritalin. If you want Ritalin as per your original post then it makes sense to tell your doctor you have previously been prescribed it and it worked well.

However, you need to think about whether your best strategy is asking for it directly to curb meth cravings or asking for it to deal with your ADHD issues.

It is probably much easier for your doctor to prescribe it for ADHD than for meth cravings.
That's the big questions.. my appointment is in half An hour; seeing how i already talked to her about replacing other drugs I think it's best to be honest.

I've seem my DOC , too bad in France generalists (is that term correct?) or general practicioners can't prescribe Ritalin anymore, you need to see a psych.. So she hit me up with one, Mr.Bonjour (I'm not kidding lol) and he'll eventually help me out. So it's just a matter of time now.Anyway decided to be sure and made an order for a few dozens of 4F-MPH pellets

I've seem my DOC , too bad in France generalists (is that term correct?) or general practicioners can't prescribe Ritalin anymore, you need to see a psych.. So she hit me up with one, Mr.Bonjour (I'm not kidding lol) and he'll eventually help me out. So it's just a matter of time now.Anyway decided to be sure and made an order for a few dozens of 4F-MPH pellets

What's the meth like in France?
I can't recall ever hearing about any significant presence in western Europe. The brits all seem to be in agreement about it never being 'a thing', at least up there.
I'm sure it boils down to how different countries handle their port of entry and/or precursor access.
I assumed it was just an American/South East Asian/Ozzie drug.

What's the meth like in France?
I can't recall ever hearing about any significant presence in western Europe. The brits all seem to be in agreement about it never being 'a thing', at least up there.
I'm sure it boils down to how different countries handle their port of entry and/or precursor access.
I assumed it was just an American/South East Asian/Ozzie drug.
It's present, but more in Paris than elsewhere. Not for junkies, for working people. We have some coming in from the Netherlands. There's lots of crystal on the street, 4/3-CMC OR eutylone most of the time. RCs like 3-MMC are a big thing here. Otherwise ravers we have a lot, pados and speed mostly

Last time I was in Paris I found that coke was everywhere. And fairly high quality too. I was offered it in the street in Pigalle a few times and also by people I happened to meet in a cafe in Le Marais. Didn’t even need to look for it.

I took 3,4-CTMP for a while. I found it easy to keep a routine and stay motivated & productive, while still eating and sleeping at night.

It was usually more of a background high than one that is really noticeable like coke (or even ritalin), but during that time I had no desire to buy or use other stimulants. I think long-term it helped me learn to use stimulants a little more sparingly than I was prior to that.

I believe 4-MPH is similar in duration and effect, but probably an even better option as a functional 'maintenance' stimulant.

Ritalin is okay, but requires regular re-dosing, and has some other downsides. Isopropylphenidate might be another worthwhile option.

Last time I was in Paris I found that coke was everywhere. And fairly high quality too. I was offered it in the street in Pigalle a few times and also by people I happened to meet in a cafe in Le Marais. Didn’t even need to look for it.
Yup, since Macron is at the head of the state the coke is really good. Uncut everywhere