• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Second opinions from the chemistry know-it-alls, please. Is this true?

Should be using an hydrous acetone by cooking some espon salts in the oven and dumping it into the acetone to draw the water out then filter that off.

Should be using an hydrous acetone by cooking some espon salts in the oven and dumping it into the acetone to draw the water out then filter that off.
Yeah, that's been my assumption too. But i dont have access to the dry stuff so this write up caught my attention and i havent heard anyone ever promote using what's essentially just nail polish remover.
Actually quite the opposite.

I'd rather not make a big project out of this trying to make my own lol.
Is anhydrous acetone only sold online? Why is it not available on store shelves with the wet stuff?

Last edited:
I need some second opinions about this write up concerning drug store acetone. How true?

As long as it says acetone 100% or near to that (99%is fine) and doesn't have any other ingredients it's fine. I'd also say hardware store stuff is more likely to be the better stuff as nail polish/cosmetology shit is the stuff that's going to have dyes/water/additives/denatoniumbenzoate in it.the denat benzoate is what they put in metho to stop ppl drinking it and I've never heard of it in hardware store acetone.always read the label.always pour it out then put the lid back on the bottle so water isn't absorbed into it.always save the leftover acetone and evaporate it to see what went through and what got extracted.if your starting with clear shards don't expect much improvement and realize a small amount of meth(not enough to stress over) will be lost depending on if there's water in the meth or acetone.the more water in either the more goes with the acetone.

For anyone else reading this
really an acetone wash removes residual hydrochloric acid,colored reaction impurities and salts after a cook to do a finalclean up to make it clean enough to smoke.thats what it's for.that and chemical hygeine.to purify it, which before ppl smoked it not a lot of cooks did.
heres what it's not for:
Its not a complete fix for removing cuts
Some cut dissolves in acetone but MSM does not.anyone who says MSM dissolves in acetone hasnt had pure MSM in one hand and a bottle of acetone in the other and tried mixing the two.acetone dissolves most impurities leftover from the reaction and that's about it.

Yeah, that's been my assumption too. But i dont have access to the dry stuff so this write up caught my attention and i havent heard anyone ever promote using what's essentially just nail polish remover.
Actually quite the opposite.

I'd rather not make a big project out of this trying to make my own lol.
Is anhydrous acetone only sold online? Why is it not available on store shelves with the wet stuff?
Hardware store.should sell the pure dry stuff.

I don't think it's commercially available. And others on here have confirmed it at one time or another. Who the hell knows why.
My original point for this thread was lost shortly after posting it last night. Something about the Bitrex being an actual issue or not.
That's delerium for ya.

MODS CAN CLOSE THIS THREAD.

As long as it says acetone 100% or near to that (99%is fine) and doesn't have any other ingredients it's fine. I'd also say hardware store stuff is more likely to be the better stuff as nail polish/cosmetology shit is the stuff that's going to have dyes/water/additives/denatoniumbenzoate in it.the denat benzoate is what they put in metho to stop ppl drinking it and I've never heard of it in hardware store acetone.always read the label.always pour it out then put the lid back on the bottle so water isn't absorbed into it.always save the leftover acetone and evaporate it to see what went through and what got extracted.if your starting with clear shards don't expect much improvement and realize a small amount of meth(not enough to stress over) will be lost depending on if there's water in the meth or acetone.the more water in either the more goes with the acetone.

For anyone else reading this
really an acetone wash removes residual hydrochloric acid,colored reaction impurities and salts after a cook to do a finalclean up to make it clean enough to smoke.thats what it's for.that and chemical hygeine.to purify it, which before ppl smoked it not a lot of cooks did.
heres what it's not for:
Its not a complete fix for removing cuts
Some cut dissolves in acetone but MSM does not.anyone who says MSM dissolves in acetone hasnt had pure MSM in one hand and a bottle of acetone in the other and tried mixing the two.acetone dissolves most impurities leftover from the reaction and that's about it.
Oh damn i didnt see your first reply haha.

Well shit. :cautious:

When a friend made meth for me, he used a hardware brand acetone from Lowe's to clean it at the end. That means it's safe

When a friend made meth for me, he used a hardware brand acetone from Lowe's to clean it at the end. That means it's safe

Not so much worried about the safety, my main concern is about time wasted. And just genuine curiosity.