View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Second DXM Trip Help

number22

Bluelighter
So i've always been intrigued in trying DXM but the whole nausea thing really scared me away. Well finally I got the guts to do it and did a common dose of 225 mg. I also have an actual cough and was prescribed promethazine, which can help with nausea. I didn't get nauseous at all. Unsure if its the prometh or it I just got lucky and I'm one of those who doesn't get horrible nausea. (or it was too low of a dose to induce it)

Anyways now that I know what it's like and everything I think I wanna try to go for a third plateau trip. I believe mine first was a second because I only way 115 lbs at 5' 2". I tried it first yesterday, did not do it today, and want to try tomorrow night. I found out today that it can really fry your brain, so that's why I didn't do it today. Although a one day break probably wouldn't do much anyways lol.

So would it be worth tripping again, or should I wait at least two weeks? I assume I do not have a tolerance since I did it one time. And I was also reading that you can reach sigma by dosing throughout the night every hour or two, should I try this to get to the third plateau?

I like to take care of my body so doing DXM is not going to be an every week thing. I'm just super excited and have the bottles now too so if its not too bad of an idea to do it tomorrow I will and then I will only do DXM with one month breaks inbetween.

Third platau is nothing like a high first.

Time starts to slow down and speed up. The world starts to get grainy like a Tv when it had antenna and it start to go statically. The bizzarre thoughts are drastically increased. The room may start spinning. Walking becomes extremely difficult.

Don't forget stress induced blindness. Thank God I knew about that the first time. I went to 3rd and every time I needed to pass stairs I would just black out and appear at the bottom, or top. Lots of bruises the next day

True I had to lay down at the peak during third plataus or I'd just collapse it's overwhelming

To answer your question you would likely be just fine if you dosed again.

Dxm CAN cause brain issues but I don't think that's something that comes from occasional use but rather from extended use.

You sound like you've done some research and you have a pretty good idea of what you're doing so I say have a good trip :)

Also I find that a little bit of Gravol (dimenhydrinate) is good for keeping down the nausea. Also try drinking it on an empty stomach.

3rd plateau (7.5-15 mg/kg): Many of the effects of the first two plateaus are present, though the mark of the third plateau is the change in mental perceptions. Whereas sensory/physical effects dominate the second plateau, mental perceptions and time/space distortion are more prevalent on the third (and fourth). Insights are extraordinary. One may tend to shut him/herself away from other people in order to explore their mind at this plateau. This is definitely not a party plateau. I've found that this plateau could be some sort of "transition" between the physical and the mental that occurs on some sort of "highway". The spiraling shapes and the fluid could be the highway that the transition is made on. While on this highway, thoughts and feelings of one's life will pop up. General thinking becomes deeper and more enhanced.

Source lycaeum

Okay cool thanks for the replies. Last thing is what is the best way of consumption? All at once or slightly spread out? I also have the gel caps and read that poking holes in them with a thumbnail can help with faster absorption.

if you're going for a third plateau, taking it all at once is better. spreading out the dose tends to weaken the plateau-climbing and gives a different high.

Wait these are dxm hbr only right no other active ingredients because if it isn't then welcome to hell. It's bad trust me

he said he has gell caps which to myh knowledge only have dxm.

Take them all at once but dont bother poking holes in them, I think youll just end up making a mess or stabbing yourself in the finger. They'll dissolve all around the same time anyways so there wont be any additional rush for doing such a task.

Ya your stomach has HCl . Idk if you ever used lime away on your toliet but it just eats through stuff. The gel gap is there so you don't damage your thoat because ther e isn't enough acid to efficients open it up in your throat then once it hits your dilute warm HCl in your stomach it's done for.

Side not I thought triple C's where gels and that is no bueno. Not even once. I get chills just thinking about the horrible feeling of it.