• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Seasoned oxy user

Jdolecek70

Greenlighter
I have been using oxy recreationally for a couple years and now itis taking more and more to get me to feel anyting and as I take more and more pills I worry that I can possibly overdose so I bought me a oximeter....is moniting my o2 a good way determining if i can take more or not? Im not against smoking it either? Would that be a good route to take as well?

I have been using oxy recreationally for a couple years and now itis taking more and more to get me to feel anyting and as I take more and more pills I worry that I can possibly overdose so I bought me a oximeter....is moniting my o2 a good way determining if i can take more or not? Im not against smoking it either? Would that be a good route to take as well?
This might come out sounding wrong and I promise I'm not trying to sound like a dick but one of the "stages" (at least for me personally) of my oxy use was accepting the fact that I'm either going to OD and die from it or I'm going to eventually stop taking it. It's a long path to get to that checkpoint but you'll know once you've passed it And it's not the greatest feeling in the world. It might be time to re-evaluate what you're trying to get from your use...

That being said I have medical conditions that can negatively impact my O2 and not once during regular dr appointments/O2 monitoring have I ever noticed a single difference from normal and I've been to the dr with regular O2 levels on lyrica,norco,oxy, and fentanyl patches on (MME of probably around 300-400 at the time)

As far as smoking it I never did try that so can't really comment on that. I did snort a bit and can tell you that's not really a good way to go IMO. Initially it's stronger and faster acting but goes away much quicker and seemed to raise my tolerance really quickly. Hope this helps.

Monitoring your Oxygen saturation is always a good thing... BUT... by the time you take more (oxy) its already going to be too late (assuming you OD'd). Say you took 100mg (these numbers are all hypothetical)... you're feeling good, but you want to take more to increase your "high" or need more pain reduction. Your o2 sats are currently at 94%, which is good, but you decide to take another 20mg. At that point, once the medicine kicks in your O2 sats start dropping and you're becoming more and more "unconscious"; you can hardly call for help or you simply become unconscious altogether.

An Pulse Ox can be nice, but I don't think it will do anything... Myself.

(Hopefully, you understood my "story" or it at least made sense lol)