• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Scottish Independence v. Further devolution, or just convoluted lies?

Should Scotland become independent?

• Should stay how things are now

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Should become fully independent

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Should extend devolved powers but remain part of UK

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I am Spade

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Looks like it's scheduled for 2014. I can't see it happening tbh, concidering how many English people live up here and they will apparently be voting on it aswell it just seems very unlikely it will happen.

if we are getting rid of scotland i think the scots would be worse off but i think we would do better to get rid of northern ireland. all that countrydoes is cost england a fortune everyone is claiming benefits and we would save shitloads on law enforcement .
what benefits do we have keeping ni part of the uk they have got no oil or gas plenty of peat though.
1 thing scotland got is the developers of the greatest game series ever rockstar north that is a bit of national pride

It's understandable that a country that has never voted for Tory rule gets fucked off when they have to live with Tory governments, but nationalism is stupid and duplicating the full state apparatus would in the long run mostly benefit politicians and their cronies, not ordinary people. Shifting national boundaries is a distraction from (and the boundaries themselves part of) the real cause of our problems, documented elsewhere, but maybe there is a learning process people need to go through. For that reason, and the sheer entertainment value of history in progress, I would vote Yes...

I think there's a good chance it will. Due to the amount of idiots that would roll out to vote because "FUCK THE ENGLISH!!!" rather than for any real reason. Unless I know enough about it I won't vote. I refuse to vote just for the sake of it, if I'm totally decided one way or the other then I'll vote, otherwise I'll stay in bed. As it stands at the moment I'd like to get the fuck away from a tory government (although don't ask me what we could possibly replace them with, they're all cunts) but I don't really want independence for Scotland. I reckon we'd fuck it up lol.

Regarding the oil, I'm probably totally wrong here but did Thatcher not sell that all off back in the day? So we wouldn't be a mad oil rich nation at all as we don't own the oil fields. Someone correct me on that, this is a major point that I want to get right.

Being Scottish I would like to be recognised internationaly for my nationality rather than just being seen as British at best, and English at worst

That really annoys me. A lot of foreigners think Scotland is part of England and no matter how many times you correct them they still don't seem to get it. I've met people when on my travels who will argue with me that Scotland is part of England, they are so fucking sure of it. I don't identify myself as British at all.

Few years back I wasn't for independence but I'm more in favour for it now. I'd like to see a unbiased assesment of whether Scotland could cope financially etc if we went for it.

Of course the Tories want an independent, thats why Cameron is making such a 'mess'

How many Scottish Seats do the Tories have? ZERO.

How many do Labour have 41 out of 59. And at the next election they will pinch a few more from the lib dems.

So if Scotland was to be independent, Labour would REALLY struggle.

Of course the Tories want an independent, thats why Cameron is making such a 'mess'

How many Scottish Seats do the Tories have? ZERO.

I think they have one, that's a shout that's been getting thrown about for a week or so now, might even have seen it on here first. Scotland has more Giant Pandas than Tory MPs. Lol.

Thanks for making me check that!!! I just expanded this view on another forum.... and lets say people will be much less polite than you! Mainly cus I know quite a few of them in real life.

It gets a bit heavy on there sometimes with politics =D

Iv always held the view the tories wouldnt mind it... but this mis management has confirmed my suspicions.

although call me dave, is a pretty shit PM.

Did I hear correctly on the news earlier (was in the other room) that Alex Salmond wants Scotland to adopt the Euro?

Did I hear correctly on the news earlier (was in the other room) that Alex Salmond wants Scotland to adopt the Euro?

That's long been SNP policy. I was going to say that the Eurozone countries would have to agree to it, but they probably don't give a fuck any more.

I'd be all for giving the Scots independence as long as it shuts them the fuck up going on about oil.

What will happen to Northern Ireland?

Scotland better read about all the atrocities that were visited on the Irish when they wanted independence from England.

The crown's brutal. That's my opinion. England was straight gangsta... like the U.S. is now...

LOL!

The Moorfuckin' OG crown gon straight rat tat tat on them tartan niggas.

IMO Scotland should go it alone. Fucking hate identifying myself as British, its embarassing considering they have raped, murdered and thieved accross the world. ;)

Then again I dont really identify myself with the whole Scottish thing either. Those stupid tartan army cunts in kilts getting wrecked and flashing their baws at people is embarassing as fuck. The whole thing makes me cringe.

IMO Scotland should go it alone. Fucking hate identifying myself as British, its embarassing considering they have raped, murdered and thieved accross the world. ;)

Then again I dont really identify myself with the whole Scottish thing either. Those stupid tartan army cunts in kilts getting wrecked and flashing their baws at people is embarassing as fuck. The whole thing makes me cringe.

I'd rather identify with the rapists, murderers & thieves than the fucking tartan army. Those cunts do my nut in.

I take your point. The tartan army are the biggest buch of cunts to grace our plannet. That whole Scotland thing does my nut right in. Its always the poncy type cunts shouting about Scotland the brave with them stupid wigs and kilts on. Major dafties and ive told them plenty of times in the past.

In fact this reminds me of something,,,

I was on the train from London to Glasgow back in March and it was full of tartan army cunts making a cunt of themselves. This one cunto is annoying the life out my bird trying to fire into her infront of me. He was wearing one of them stupid looking ginger wigs. I said to him - here mate i seen them wigs advertised in the sun newspaper today, they were giving them away for free, all the stupid looking cunts are wearing them - you suit it!

The look on his face still provides me with a laugh even now. My bird was ragin as fuck with me right enuff telling me I was being wide.

Fuck identifying yourself as British, I find it unreal cunts on the telly wave union flags and think Britain is something to be proud of. Cunts the lot of them.

The crown's brutal. That's my opinion. England was straight gangsta... like the U.S. is now...

Yeah, that's true. You don't really have to dig too deep to see all kinds of collusion, double and triple agents and loyalist paras doing dirty work for the security forces. Pat Finucane's a good place to start.