• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Scottish Independence v. Further devolution, or just convoluted lies?

Should Scotland become independent?

• Should stay how things are now

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Should become fully independent

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Should extend devolved powers but remain part of UK

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I am Spade

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
My gf asked me last night what I expected from the referendum. I predicted 55 to 45 against independence. lol

If it makes any sense, I support whole-heartedly Scotlands push for independence, but I am pleased that they have not left the union just yet.

I see Cameron revoked their "added devolution" too. I bet there will be some kind of upshot up there because of this.

Did he? I've not read about that anywhere. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Hand-counting by equal numbers of interested parties from all camps is definitely the most accurate method. The adversarial relationship -- no side trusts any of the others -- ensures that the only result everyone can agree on is the truth. It also scales well because it parallellises so easily, and is universally comprehensible.

I'd trust a hand-counted result over a machine-counted one any day.

I'm proud to live in Wales - we get free prescriptions, bus passes, drntists n get to make some decisions ourselves.
WELSH FOREVER!!!!

Evey

You're all unemployed anyway, so the free prescriptions don't count, and you're overrun by Calvinist and Wesleyan nutjobs.

Alex Salmond has announced he is stepping down... Hopeful people will have lost faith in the SNP too.

You're all unemployed anyway, so the free prescriptions don't count, and you're overrun by Calvinist and Wesleyan nutjobs.

EVERYONE gets free prescriptions , whether employed or not. I've not a clue what medication costs. I simply walk into the pharmacy get what I need n walk out :) yep, love being Welsh :)

Evey

We have to pay a whole 8 pounds and 5 pence, can you believe it?

Alex Salmond has announced he is stepping down... Hopeful people will have lost faith in the SNP too.

And who exactly would be a better party to run Scotlands government even without independence on the cards.

For the UK general election we have Cameron, Clegg, milliband and Farage. Thats like asking someone to chose which way they would prefer to be tortured.

Im gutted Scotland lost its bottle. What a amazing opportunity to completely change the flawed present system run but the elite.

Anyway.......just have to get on with the situation we voted in.

I'm proud to live in Wales - we get free prescriptions, bus passes, drntists n get to make some decisions ourselves.
WELSH FOREVER!!!!

Evey

Spoken like a true Welshwoman, 'Wales taken by force of arms, garrisoned by medication'.

The free prescriptions are a bonus but hardly make up for the truly appalling state of the Welsh NHS in general. Where I live emergency services have become so degraded I would possibly have to be taken across the border to England (and I live almost as far from the English border as it gets in Wales) in an emergency.

On the main topic, I think this is rather a good result. It makes the problem too obvious to be easily brushed aside and as I am of the opinion that the problem is not a purely Scottish complaint but a UK-wide (with perhaps London and related environs aside) on I think that does us all good. Or potentially could. Ideally the rest of the regions can use this result and the related debate to further the cause of true devolution of Westminster powers back to the regions where decisions are best made cos they are made against a background of reality rather than from within the Westminster bubble. A somewhat selfish view perhaps but am going on the principle of there being a wider principle at stake and the more rowdy and discontended regions we have "on side" (as it were) the more chance there is of actual change being effected on a broader basis.

Oi you shamby nice to see you. We need more of you here.

Going to read your post :)

Ahhhh I'm glad Scotland is still part of the UK, HOWEVER, as Wales has some independence, I feel that Scotland should have that right that Wales has.

Evey

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, Scotland already has waaaaaaay more independence than Wales does. The Scottish parliament has far more powers than the Welsh Assembly does. They also have powers over England. The whole system is screwed and - as far as I can tell - is kinda cobbled together out of desperation and hideous compromise. Quelle surprise 8)

What this oh so very split vote does mean is that these issues can no longer be ignored because despuite full independence losing the vote there is still a massive mandate for change. The bonus is that the debate in Scotland seems to have also sparked the imagination of the rest of the country. If the far north of the UK has had a fair amount of self-determination and that is clearly not enough then what about all the other regions of the UK? We are a single, small island. Splitting it up completely into separate countries seems a bit ridiculous to me. I totally understand why people may want this but if Scotland had gone its own way the debate would probably fizzle out sooner than it will with such a split vote. That split needs to spread but - in my opinion - not become deep fissures so much as help to bring the exsiting fault lines (which exist throughout the UK not just in Scotland) to the fore so something could - perhaps, these are politicunts we're dealing with after all :\ - be done about it.

Ahhhh all is well with the world!

Shamby you ok? What you think on the Scotland independence thing??? I've missed you xxxx

Evey xxxx