• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

school has a lot to answer for!

I loved school. I wasn't in the main "popular" group but we were in the sub popular group i guess???? The smart popular sarcastic girls???

I went to a very elite girls private school, and I remember being really stressed that no=one would have the same sense of humour as me and stuff because I wasn't rich [i went on an academic scholarship] but I soon discovered that rich people are funny too! [yes I was young and naive!!!] Then I discovered the joys of highschool social lives....and lost my scholarship....but luckily continued on at that school.

I did quite well in year 12, though not what you'd expect from a scholarship student ;) and I earnt a lot of respect from my friends/peers for being smart, yet still having a life, and a "rather" acerbic tongue.

I was friends with basically all of my grade, not through being overly nice, but having a honest/blunt attitude, which endeared me to many considering how school and groups can breed a lot of fakeness.

I loved school, I loved going to an all-girls school....I really, really had a lot of fun and it was good not to have to worry about boys til the weekend...or at least til after school! :)

I think it set me up to interact and understand people from heaps of different background with different personalities...like Beech, I think that it mirrors real life pretty accurately, and though people change from school to after school, people are changing a lot through out all their lives...

^^agree. I dont think we leave school and suddenly change. We do change when we leave school but not soley because we leave school. The change is just another step in our cognitive and external development. We are constantly changing and devloping right throughout our lives and the biggest time of change is during adolescence and young adulthood. We don't all of a sudden stop judging people on their social status or level of 'coolness' when we leave school because we are no longer at school but rather because we have matured and learnt to base assumptions and judgements (when made) on more applicable traits such as personality, moral values and various behaviours. There is a lot to be said for the amount of personal cognitive growth and and mental devlopment that takes place in the mid to late formative teenage years and their effect on personal identity.

Beech out

anna! said:
You didn't have to try to be cool. And as for no one caring once you leave, I think you'd be surprised to find how many people didn't care while you were at school.

Well u obviously went to a very different school then I didnt u!

School is the reason for my fear of public places. I hated school, I only stuck with my friends. One of the fucked up things is we were the so called 'popular kids' all my friends were hanging with the jocks and boppers. I really couldn't handle it... I hated school, and still do. But there is a lot of things I wouldn't have without it.

you better not be knocking us jocks mr raver!!! ;) We really are nice guys if you get to know us. Sure we love our sport and being all masculine and blokey but come on and give us a chance we aren't so bad ;)

beech

beech said:
you better not be knocking us jocks mr raver!!! ;) We really are nice guys if you get to know us. Sure we love our sport and being all masculine and blokey but come on and give us a chance we aren't so bad ;)

beech

Lol, I am not baggin jocks. All my mates are the jocks. All my chicky friends are the boppers. I'm just the odd one out from all my friends. ;)

My school years are mixed and involve both sides of the spectrum - cool and picked on.

I grew up in an inner suburb of melbourne and was part of the cool crowd in primary (yes coolness does start early :p) and when we all elected for the same high school, our coolness followed ;)

Now in reality I had hooked up with the wrong crowd and looking back we weren't very cool, just a pack of moron's lol - I spent a great deal of my first two years wagging school - in actual fact I had failed year 7, but dad pushed the school to put me up cause no son of his was going to fail hehe.

Anyway, after two years at the illustrious Collingwood High *cough choke cough* my parents sold up and moved to a little country town with a total population of 600 - the local high school was a 30 minute bus ride away. I went from being in the cool crowd to being one of the most picked on kids in school - I was in a high school that consisted of 99.99% anglo-saxons - me being the .01% of ethnic background. Its where I learnt the word WOG

I spent a great deal of my first two years there in fights - I hated school and everyone in it. But come year 11 everything changed, as if I had served my apprenticeship or people just developed maturity.

I didn't go from picked to ubber cool - but I was part of a pretty big group - and its only until then that I actually started to enjoy school again.

Like Wazza, school was cool for social reasons - being in a remote country town it was one of the easiest ways to get all your friends together in one place - alot of the times during holidays you wouldn't see alot of your mates albeit the ones from your own town - so school played a big part in greasing the cogs in our social network. But with this new found acceptance and my own development, I started to take an interest in my own education and ejoyed it.

School did play a big part in moulding me and making me the person I am - espcecially all the negative aspects - negative back then but the results I like to think were positive in the long run :)

Funny thing is, one of my sadest days to date is my last day in year 12 - I knew it was going to be the begining of the end for alot of freindships as we would, and did, drift apart. It took me so long to get accepted and now it was all over.