Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

schedule 8 drugs: Repeat prescription question

smokedup

Bluelighter
I have 5 repeats left on my script: what is the deal with dispensing of these repeats? Its a bit of a hassle because the pharmacy that holds the script is located on the other side of town, and there is a whole heap of red tape to get the script transferred over to my local pharmacy-apparently only under extenuating circumstances is what the health department website says. Does this mean I have to wait each month to pick it up? Is there a certain number of days? Im located in WA as well. Cheers

im pretty sure your circumstances would be considered extenuating, if you have to travel more than an hour to get your medication? Perhaps you can do some kind of mail-out system with registered post?

There has to be an option that can be organized for this kind of thing.

Just because the pharmacy has your repeats doesnt mean thats the only one you can go to. When I needed to do this (im in WA also)I spoke to my doctor over the phone and organised to get my script sent to the pharmacy I wanted, I had to show ID which has never happened before but it was pretty easy.

Cheers for the reply guys, i also thought this would be a non-issue. The wording on the health department fact sheet insinuated more difficulty. Ill have a chat to the doc so i don't have to endure the extra pain of Perth drivers each month.

im in delaware and i usuallly use walgreens and when i had insurance all my docs knew that. they would just asked if i wanted it sent to walgreens up the street from me. i usually did but if not i could go to rite aid, walmart, cvs, or wherever and it never made a difference.