• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Scary IV Reaction - Oxycodone

jaystyle

Bluelighter
Recently had a scary reaction to IV 30mg oxycodone pills twice in a matter of a couple days. I am not sure what it could possiblty be--- I sterilze spoons with isop. alcohol first--- use tap water from the sink (should I ues filtered water?). Am an experienced user--- my tolerance is high enough that I know this isn't the pills "hitting me hard" or something. It especially occurs after the 3rd/4th draw... sometimes i start with a couple 30s--- after 1/2 draws, crush some more in there, kepe drawing untli I do 3/4 and rarely 5 shots out of one spoon.... for whatever reaosn, I find it hard to get all the active ingred out without doing many washes.

So--- after 3rd or 4th draw, the IV gives me an INSTANT feeling like I had just done coke or something. I get a weird rush of tachycardia, and end up freaking out in panic as I feel tingly, lgiht headed, shaky, uneasy and just unwell.... it's a very unnatural reaction that I can't explain, but it is extremely unpleasant and makes me feel like I'm gonna die or something! I've stopped IV for now, but have no idea what caused this as these are not the effects of oxycodone. The first time it happened-- I swore i must of somehow dropped coke or something in there (left on spoon? spilled some wet solution on cotton?)--- I couldn't figure it out. Second time it happened, I am fucking freaked out and can't pin down the cause. I read about cotton fever, but that comes on after 20-30 min.. this was INSTANT.

Could it be the binders?? too many binders?

Could it be residual isoprop alcohol? I often draw it up and then push it out, not bothering to wash out the spike because I figure a few drops are harmless & wil just help keep things disinfected. I can't imagine some a small amount of isoprop alcohol could cause this, or can it?

Could it be dirty water? Nasty water supply/sink water? Would that really have an instant effect lke this?

Any ideas of what this could be?

I am now unable to IV oxycodone whatsoever without getting a terrible reaction to it... I tried a small bit, with brita filtered water, and I get a god awful feeling like death would be impedning had I done more than I just did. I have no idea what's causing this out the blue---- could I have become intolerant to the filler out the blue?

How's your liver? Could it be that it's somewhat impaired and your body isn't eliminating the residual oxy properly? Have you been taking a lot of stuff that's harsh on the liver?

If you keep adding pills without a cleaning the spoon the non-water soluble fillers will build up exponentially. At the very least you should try to construct a homemade syringe filter with a 10ml syringe (cigar size), some dental or large cotton balls boiled in clean water and some qualitative filter paper or bleached CLEAN coffee filters. Cut a 2" circle of filter and place a ball of cotton atop of it then ram down the barrel taking care not to tear the filter but also keeping it centered at the bottom of the syringe. Once it is fitted additional cotton may be packed tightly into the barrel depending on the amount you need to filter. Roughly 1 cotton ball per 2-3 pills. Flush your filter with clean water and pack as tightly as you are able to with the plunger , the rubber head seal can be removed for packing the filter without a vacuum when it is removed. You can crush then hydrate to solution or let them dissolve in solution with a little time but heat increases viscosity of fillers. Dump the whole blue cocktail into the breach of your filter and a clear to slightly blue hue solution will emerge with some plunger pressure. You may then decide if you want to boil your solution before using.
Although crude, this method is far better than a lone speck of filter in a sea of fillers, adjuvants ,etc. The remaining blue sludge in the filter can be lightly rewashed with minimal fresh water but you will be surprised at how little oxy remains. The filter paper is the key to a half decent filter. As cotton alone can cause it's own hazards. You can double up on the paper after some practice with assembly. After use it should be cleared of all filter media and is not meant to be used after an hour or so of being wet.

Everything listed above is available at most drug stores. If you do continue to IV, you should seriously consider sterile syringe filters available on E-Bay , Amazon,etc. They filter down to .45-.20 um (1/100 grain of sand) and are available with med large luer- lok sterile syringes. In that case the above described crude filter makes an excellent Pre-Filter to lessen the particulate load on the very fine retail syringe filter. 10 years ago I read a post like this and truly believe it spared me some capillary ischemia.