Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Scared from last NN-DMT trip

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Hi Fam,

I’ve smoked NN-DMT twice over a year ago, and although the first time was scarier than the second trip, it was the second that got me so freaked out that I said I probably won’t be ready for “many many years.”

Do you really believe it’s because the DMT or the elves or what have you are telling me “you don’t need it?” Or is it just my memory of how intense it was that I’m just shell-shocked from it?

I had big life questions last times, but now I guess I have very minor questions I guess. Is this aspect of having a reason to trip the generally accepted way to approach NN-DMT?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

It's a personal thing. Having a scary or anxious experience is something i've never interpreted as being instructed by the compound to abstain from it. But i believe such experiences are possible as a projection from our own thoughts and emotions. Did the trip feature any symbolic elements of warding you away or was it just scary?

Set and setting matter a lot and you seem to be in a better place today if i understand correctly. I'd say there's no need to worry if the trip didn't explicitly tell you to not trip more.

My impression is that you're not over-indulging in psychedelics at all.

DMT scariness will vary batch to batch. The more yellow oils left behind the more I freak out on the come up. Pure white fluffy DMT doesn’t often do it. And especially if it’s from Acacia, that’s pure love.

That said, the fear can also be a product of someone not following their true path. I know it sounds condescending and victim blamey but that’s how it was for me. I remember my first experiences being full of fear, and it wasn’t until I started following mine that the experiences opened up to me. I even remember being told I wasn’t ready before but am now. And since then I don’t have the fear anymore. People think I’m just a masochist and enjoy the intensity but it’s no longer like that, I go to DMT for the answers and it usually has them if one is willing to listen.

-GC