Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SBS Doco on US military amph use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you realise how expensive it is to train a pilot?

It’s not as simple as just getting more pilots. In a war situation you have three choices:

Let a tired pilot fly a multimillion dollar aircraft. Possibly endangering innocent lives and possibly the cost of the aircraft and the millions to train them if they crash.

Don't send the pilots out. Let them sleep until their not tired. Meanwhile your strategic advantage has been lost and the enemy is advancing on your forces.

Send the pilots up on a stimulant. Not a hallucinogen or mind altering drug.... a stimulant, you know like coffee but a controlled dose of something a tad stronger.

Although I can see it being of some benefit to soldier in the trenches in a painful ground war.
I think morphine is the ground force's best friend when it comes to the painful side of war... Surely stimulants wouldn't go astray, but it's clear that foot soldiers don't need to be half as alert as fighter pilots.

Hmm... fuck this post was hard to find, no combination of "LSD* military" "LSD* soldiers" or even "soldiers" actually gave a hit with the search engine. Ah well, found it anyway:

LSD -- Drug of choice for military supremacy?

BigTrancer :)

Wow, I had forgotten about that one. Nice one BT. I fixed up the link and reuploaded the file. It's a must see!

yeah, that newsreel is some hillarious shit.
i think the fact that they're british makes it all the funnier.
i love the guy climbing the tree to feed the birds and the guy with the bazooka. fuck me.
acid + guns = WHO THE HELL KNOWS!!!!!

^ Can I suggest making comments about the LSD video in the LSD video thread - this one's about amphetamines.

BigTrancer :)

Oceanboy said:
In proper liberty,
I support Uncle Sam and US DOD.
WORLDSAFE
RAVESAFE

:)
That's funny, with all your hippy-like ranting, one would have expected you not to support a murderous hypocritical regime of fundamentalists. (The Repubs.)
Though given the inherent stupidity that pervades your posts, I guess it's not to be unexpected.

Back on topic, I do think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion. When you are flying 20 hour missions, I'd say taking small amounts of amphetamines would surely do harm than good, from a US military point of view.

Though personally I'd rather see them crash in the middle of the ocean than fire-bomb Afghani civilians, or drop cluster bombs that will later be mistaken for food packages.
But hey, that's just me.

Sigh why do I as an early-bird get a flame?
It was an early impression, a policy in progress status.

I don't want anyone hurt,
that is why I said "In proper" liberty.
Just because I have faith in goodness part of USA does not mean I

SteveElektro:"support a murderous hypocritical regime of fundamentalists." ; SteveElektro

I would like the best solution that is nicest for all.

Peace please via the best way that can be found possible for all.
whether that be straight on correct "medication".
I am also concerned about uwanted side-effects of amines.

Peace to all.

Last edited:
Peaking at Mach 2

My ultimate ultimate life dream is to become a fighter pilot. And I for one would do/take anything to become one. I have a friend who flies FA18s for the RAAF and he supports the notion to these drugs. Keep in mind the program on SBS was made to outrage the public and cause questions to be raised. The air force and people in the military love what they do, and they take these drugs to stay 100% alert during night missions in hot zones aka Bahgdad. Come on people, think about being off chops when your doing low level missions at 3am in a FA18 Super Hornet doing Mach 2. Just remember though, the media is here to captivate and audience, they are not worried about reporting the whole truth.

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah........yes all governments are lying cock suckers [to quote bill hicks], but for all their bombs, and planes and guns to fight the "enemy", the only people the corporate cocksuckers who run the US are really afraid of is us, the population. Theirs not a single country out there even remotley a threat to the US, not even the ones they sell arms to....they fight the wars to keep us scared, so we won't wake the fuck up

Last edited by a moderator:
Attack the opinion, not the person. Continual transgression of the posting guidelines will result in access to Australia/Asia/NZ Drug Discussion being removed.

BigTrancer.

ahh.....censorship everywhere.....as bill hicks, the late great comedian once said "here's my opinion on gays in the military........andybody, DUMB enough, to want to be in the military, should be allowed.....i don't care hopw many pushups you can do, go wait in that fox hole and we'll tell you when we need you to KILL somebody..........is that a village of women and kids, where's the napalm...WHOOOOSH.....i don't want any gays around while i'm killing kids....i just don't want to see it"
MORAL of the story, the US military has no morals what-so-ever...they are only interested in furthering their own power.

Take the arguements to CEP, kids. This isn't the place for it.

Oh of course but you would need to discuss things in greater depth than just endlessly quoting Bill Hicks. ;)

yeah i agree, sorry man just got a bit carried away.....anything for amusement etc....

all-in-all i think the argument comes down to the fact that there are extreme double standards within government and its stance on drug use.
whether this use is 'right or wrong', what ever this may be, people find the fact that when the government realises potential for a drug than the use is accepted and if it is a 'nobody' driving a truck they get pinned extremely frustrating.
one point being that they are using dexies for the exact same reason as that of a trucky driving 5,000miles yet the pilot's are recommended their usage and truckies lose there job.

she all cool, got a bit out of hand cause I love the thought of being a fighter pilot. Each to their own though.

Hey entropy, if you like Bill Hicks so much, are you also a fan of the band Tool??? Tool fucking rock hard

Oceanboy said:
Sigh why do I as an early-bird get a flame?
It was an early impression, a policy in progress status.

I don't want anyone hurt,
that is why I said "In proper" liberty.
Just because I have faith in goodness part of USA does not mean I

I would like the best solution that is nicest for all.

Peace please via the best way that can be found possible for all.
whether that be straight on correct "medication".
I am also concerned about uwanted side-effects of amines.

Peace to all.
Best solutions aren't found through guns, cluster bombs, napalm, firebombs, maimed children, burnt corpses of Iraqi and Afghani mothers holding the charred remains of their babies...
I'm sorry, but war does not bring peace.
To think otherwise is to fall victim to the Orwellian doublespeak that the US government excels at.
Just like their 'war' on drugs.
Iran Contra ring a bell, Oceanboy?
I thought not, you don't seem the type to actually know what you are talking about.
8)

Status
Not open for further replies.