• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

same drug diffrent high?

movbikwaet

Bluelighter
Hi, I understand pills can contain many difrent drugs and forms of xtc such as mda mdma etc, but as a speed user who has tried many difrent batches of speed I am curious as to wether the same chemical can produce slightly difrent highs and feelings, coffee is known to contain other stimulants besides caffiene and tea is known to contain not caffiene but a very simular drug, although amphetamines only tend to have 3 main types wich could possibly be called speed, and that wich I know of are amphetamine, dexamphetamine and methamphetamine, I have tried the former 2 although not 2 batches of speed are ever simular, if I am to get from a new source it always produces a slightly new feeling, most of the time a combination of previous batches put together, now of all the ingrediants that go into speed I am sure paint thinner or psuedo-ephedrine etc are not such substances wich could atribute to such a difrent feeling, I would like to believe the same chemical could produce difrent highs, but if you were to drink one bottle of beer it will be the same sort of intoxication as the next brand and same goes for cigarretes, so why is it speed gives such difrent feelings?
I know the easy answer is that it has been mixed with other drugs but I have tried many other drugs and the difrences of these batches of speed is still a simular feeling, simular enough to not be suspicious of a totally diffrent drug, especially when out of say 10 batches of speed all produce lets say, only 4 distinct feelings just in difrent combinations.

In case any of you are confused, I will give an example, I tried one particular batch of speed wich simply just woke me up and gave me energy, then another batch gave me a wired up focused feeling(dex-amphetamine?) with the same effects as the 1st one I mentioned, then a 3rd batch would give me say just the energy along with a more nervous come on and a more talkative high.
I could go on, but to say these are just mixed with other drugs would be too much of a coincidence because it would mean all these dealers would be mixing them with all the same particular adulterants wich is unlikely.

So basicly I'm asking, is it possible to change the high by say, mixing the same ingrediants but in difrent ratios, or using difrent brands of ingrediants.

This is obvious, all those batches of speed are cut with different adulterants, also they cud simply be different types of speed or different potency, there is no real answer.

If you had speed , and it was EXACTLY the same the next time you bought it, you wud certainly get the same high.

Also if you take a shit load of one drug the effects are goin to be different than takin it in moderation eg if i have 2 ecstacy pills im loved up euphoric and clear headed , but if i have 14 ecstacy pills i have a "trip" n hallucinate all night long .

I really don’t understand what you are asking. Your question was very confused. Speed usually refers to amphetamine or methamphetamine. All amphetamines come in two ‘forms’….(+)-amphetamine and (-)-amphetamine…or it can be a mixture of both…which is called the racemate. The (+)-amphetamine is the more potent form.

If you had speed , and it was EXACTLY the same the next time you bought it, you wud certainly get the same high.

No you wouldn't; it's effects are also highly dependant upon such things as how tired you are/how long without sleep, if you'd been eating regularly beforehand (blood sugar levels) etc. I've had same sized doses from the same batch give completely different effects because the first time I was well rested & fed, but the second time I'd had too little sleep and hadn't been eating healthily or regularly

Also, something that come to mind was that most street Meth/amphetamine usually has a byproduct of one form or another. eg: iodoephedrine. I'm guessing there'd be hundreds of small amounts of byproducts in street speed, so the varying levels could produce different highs.

As f&b said, there are plenty of other factors, such as your current state of mind, blood sugar levels, etc... your surroundings (set and setting), what you had eaten or drank recently.

Then you have cuts, which can range from MSM, glucose, epsom salts, etc...

Brownz said:

Not really because everytime you use it you are coming from a different baseline, brain chemistry wise.

sorry didnt read all the posts before posting.

Thanks for the replies guys,
well I have had a lot of experience with speed and I am very sensitive to drugs, I can tell pure speed from adulterated speed and none of my mates can tell the difrence, so I like to call myself the connoisseur of speed in my group of friends. I seem to be very in touch with my mental state and whats going on with myself.

It is defently not situational as some of you have mentioned, for example if I had to do a blind test on say, batch a, b and c at random times of the day(for example woken up in my sleep to do a test) I will be able to pick the batch no matter whats going on with me, unless I was drunk.

Also, yes if you have a lot, compared to a little bit of a drug, you will get very difrent effects, but what I am saying is batch A vs batch B in the same amount, and even at the same time of day.

Diacetylus, your reply seems to be most helpful, now I dont know much about chemestry but I googled "iodoephedrine" and it seems a logical explanation based on the little knowledge I have gathered is that; there is a number of psychoactive chemical byproducts in the finished product ?

As someone who started off on very strong and pure stuff, I am starting to give up on street gear and looking to adderall wich will bring me to my next thread.
Again, thanks for the replies.

Even the same dose at the same time of day can have different effects due to things like your blood sugar level at the time you take it (taking speed when you have low blood sugar can make you feel really crap) and short of having a blood sugar monitor (like diabetics have) you'll have no idea of what your levels are, hence the different effects

Good point, but it cant be the case with my experience, most batches I have come across, I would of had for over a period of 2-3 months and with these batches the feelings remained consistant, as for blood sugar levels, I always eat before getting on it wich helps keep my blood sugar level up.

Brownz said:
QUOTE]

in addition to the varying psychological and physical characteristics that can make each high unique that people already mentioned, your expectations and beliefs about what the high will be like can have a huge impact on your experience.

fastandbulbous said:
Even the same dose at the same time of day can have different effects due to things like your blood sugar level at the time you take it (taking speed when you have low blood sugar can make you feel really crap)
Hey. That's why I got such a good high yesterday - I ate a bag of candy a few hours before taking opiates. ;)

movbikwaet said:
although amphetamines only tend to have 3 main types wich could possibly be called speed, and that wich I know of are amphetamine, dexamphetamine and methamphetamine, I have tried the former 2
Depending on where you come from in the world, it is highly unlikely that you are really getting amphetamine. I've had plenty of people here in Australia try to tell me they were on amphetamine, but (this is from memory so don't ask for a source) it's been something like 6 years since the police seized any true amphetamine, almost all 'amphetamine' these days is actually methamphetamine due to it's ease of manufacture.

It could be that you've had different amounts of the 2 isomers of (meth)amphetamine - d-amphetamine and l-amphetamine - which would cause vastly different effects. It could be different by-products or unreacted chemicals, it could be differences within your own body chemistry at the time. There are too many variables to expect to know exactly what causes the minor differences.

Off-topic: But, illicit grade Amphetamine is still manafactured and distrbuted in the U.K. Just it's not common to see it in somewhere like Australia, or the United States. I'm guessing one of the precursors to more easily make Amphetamine are available in the U.K. and perhaps not in Australia and America.

Diacetylus said:
Off-topic: But, illicit grade Amphetamine is still manafactured and distrbuted in the U.K. Just it's not common to see it in somewhere like Australia, or the United States. I'm guessing one of the precursors to more easily make Amphetamine are available in the U.K. and perhaps not in Australia and America.

The amphetamine sulphate we get here in the UK is mostly imported from Eastern Europe! :\

^ Although you still get newpaper headlines where the Regional Crime Squad bust an amphetamine lab in the UK every now and again. My main worry is the number of people who think that making meth is really easy and end up distributing ugly, poisonous stuff. A couple of years ago, there was a bloke who used to post on 'The Hive' who ended up in hospital (NE England) because he'd been really sloppy about his methamphetamine synthesis and contained enough 1,2-dimethyl-3-phenylaziridine to cause organ failure etc. Last I heard he was on life support and it didn't look promising (probably dead) - my other half was involved in the toxicology case and they took away an amateur lab from the bloke's flat.

In view of things like that, I think it's best that it's mostly imported from Poland etc where the chemists have a good idea what they're actually doing...

I'm just curious -- what gives you the idea that chemists in Poland know what they're doing?

I had always thought that glass was perhaps the easiest drug to make, hence its contagious prevailance.

hussness said:
I'm just curious -- what gives you the idea that chemists in Poland know what they're doing?

The fact that a lot of the amphetamine in the UK comes from there and it's not been implicated in any deaths/hospital admissions due to impuities

keepin on the uk s amphetamine/base thread the stuff ive seen in the past has been smellin like some kind of paint stripper/turps also very gooey,wot would be the likely ingredients of it?i couldnt imagine pure amphetamine smelling like this!!!

Generally it depends upon the synthesis route. It it was made using formamide you get the mouse cage smell, ammonia the pissy smell & benzyl methyl ketone (unreacted) has it's own delightful little smell as well!

Pure amphetamine freebase actually smells a bit like geraniums (methamphetamine even more so)