• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Salvia Subthread] Salvia not Working

i smoked 1 bowl of leaf the 1st time and felt definite effects so i cant recommend anything but not using 15x the 1st time (wtf acid 8( hehe) and also i recommend using a pipe not a bong if possible, since bongs cool smoke and you dont want to cool the salvinorum

the best way to smoke ssalvia in my opinion this is what ive been told. smoke it through pipe with a jet lighter held close and suck it in hard and fast. its f**kin harsh so be prepared. ive only done it a few times and i sat next to the sink when i did incase i spewed, you dont really have time to feal your about spew but i gag every time.

-cyto

To all those who haven't broken through yet, I recommend that you keep on trying. Salvia is like marijuana in that your mind has to sensitize to the high before you can experience its full effects. I think that being in an environment with a lot of sensory distractions hampers this process, and that the most conducive setting for the experience is quiet darkness where you can let your mind go blank and flow with the experience.

Your ment to use one of those high-butane lighters, you know the ones with those nearly invisble blue flames that lite even in the rain...
Use one of those and burn the bowl for ages before pulling it down.

I never had to use one of those butane (crack) lighters to use Salvia divinorum. Regular one worked just fine for me.

I was aware of proper smoking technique when I did it, I lit the entire bowl while I was inhaling and cleared the entire thing in one hit, then held it in for about 30 seconds. I've smoked 5x or 10x extract about 3 times as well as smoking dried leaf about 4 times, still no effects. I've tried it in the dark, with music, without music, ect. ect. Still nothing, waste of my money if you ask me.

>waste of my money if you ask me.

Spoken like a man who could not get it to work. Trust me, Salvia divinorum is a POWERFUL experience that can rival 5-MeO-DMT and DMT in intensity.

Wowzers.

I tried meditating today then smoking immediatley after while up in the mountains at a waterfall, and all I can say is I'm definatley not immune to Salvia. Thanks for the info everyone. :)

You definately want to use a torch lighter when smoking salvia. You want to be able to toast the majority of the bowl, so you can get the biggest hit possible. Starting with 12x extract is also highly recommended

Immune to Salvia!?!?

~*Kinda a long one...sorry*~

So yesterday was my 10th time trying to get high off of Salvia but I haven't had a trip yet! Maybe I might just give up on it. :(

The first time I tried it was with my now ex-boyfriend, we smoked 10X extract out of a bong and he taught me all the interesting ways on how to smoke it properly. That first time I ended up not getting high at all and just kept hitting the bong over and over again trying to get into the trip and I watched in amazement as he layed there mumbling and twitching. He had about 3 hit's of it and started tripping and I had about 3 GRAMS of it and the most I felt was a little light headed from holding my breath so many times. (and I had that icky taste in my mouth). He told me that it's kinda like pot in that you usually get high on the second try and he showed me some things to read on the internet about it. (Sage wisdom..erowid..ect)

The next few times I tried it, being very experienced and knowlegable by then, I was using all the right techniques like keeping a constant flame as you inhale the smoke deep into your lungs, i even held my breath for a whole 60 SECONDS I still didn't get high! So I started to mix things with it to somehow make me get into the trip better but still didn't get high! Over a period of months I tried it with DXM, Shrooms, Acid, Weed, Alchohol and Nutmeg and still no noticable effects.

All of these experiences were done with friends and it was always someone elses Salvia, ranging from standard quids to 20X Extract. All of my friends were amazed at how I couldn't get high off of Salvia and for a while they actually thought that I was faking like I wasn't getting high off of it. (Which is impossible because I seen people try to stay looking sober on it but they can't).

So around the 8-9th time trying it I made some tea out of some trusted 20X that one of my friends had left over and STILL couldn't get a trip! I even tried smoking and drinking the tea at the same time and still no effects.

Yesterday was my last time trying it...yes 'MY LAST' time trying it and still didn't get a breakthrough. My best friend tried it with me and was trippin hellza hard and I just sat there watching her trip and I started crying because I feel like some kinda freak or something. All of the great stories I heard makes me feel sad that I will never have a trip like that and I'll never get to tell anybody about 'The time when I was doing salvia'.

People say to respect Salvia but it has to earn my respect...I hate it! I waisted so much time and effort on it. :(

Are there any other people out there that can't get high off of Salvia? Or had a simular experience as mine?

Also, I have read almost everything about it on the internet but I still might be missing something, does anyone have any different advice? I would REALLY appreciate anyones help in this matter!

Thanks

~Pixie

You're certainly not the only person I've heard say something like this. I wonder if it has anything to do with smoking techneque.

Suprising, story, never heard of anything like that!

When I saw the title I already had in mind to say try an extract, but 20x shoudl do the trick with just a few flakes....

There's a 40X if you are that determined to try it. Try doing it with a pipe, that seemed like the best way to do salvia. It's just so god damn short lasting that a joint doesnt really mess with you. And the quid does absolutely nothing but maybe make you sweat or tongue push over. Anyways, a hard, deep, hit on a very packed bowl should work. But it sounds like you've already tried that. I have no clue what's your problem.

Your not missing out on much anyways. It's not very euphoric or mind boggling. It messes with your mind hard, you'll think of the most off stuff and have it be relevant or entity presence or laugh your ass off uncontrollably at anything. But it's not really euphoric, nor long lasting. I'd suggest stick to acid, shrooms, and all that jazz you mentioned then wasting your time. There's a reason they are alot more well known then this even legal psychadelic.

I dunno if this is a bad idea but salvia only worked for me when I was alone and in a not distracting envirorment with other people out of a bong nothing but light headediness that wore off rather quickly. Salvia is quite dependent on set-and-setting I found out.

There seem to be plenty of people who unable to get effects from salvia.

I disagree with everyone who says that salvia is environment-specific, if you've had a full blown salvia experience, you'll know that it doesn't matter if you're in the middle of a club or in church, you'll lose your mind no matter where you are

I've tried it about 5-10 times and it's never worked.
even tried 5x from a pipe with a torch lighter, and from a bong with a torce lighter.
Once i even tried hot knifing it. I wish this drug worked for me, all my friends say amazing things about it.

Have any of you that get no effects from smoking tried it sublingually?

^ No but that sounds like it would kinda be a lil grose.

Does that sublingual method work better though?

~Pixie :)

HERES SOMETHING TO THE NEW GUYS COMING ON HERE- SALVIA IS NOT FUN NOR COOL; YOU WILL BE INTERESTED, YOU WILL SPEND MONEY ON IT,, THEN IT WILL SIT IN YOUYR ROOM FOR A LONG TIME.

DNICEONER is right. You'll forget you have it after a while. It just isn't anything to get worked up about. Think of it as on par with duster.