• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [Salvia Subthread] Extract 100X Strength

^With something as unpredictable as salvia, there's no telling, but despite its inhuman nature it does seem strangely sensitive to mind set in my experience. Back in like 2000, when there wasn't as much info on salvia online, I smoked it while depressed. I wasn't really looking for escape; I smoked it with the hope it would give me an experience so radically altered that when I returned I would see my situation and sadness as silly and small. It seemed at the time that, unlike 5HT psychedelics, what salvia did was not necessarily intimately integrated with antecedent emotional states.

What happened though was purely emotional. Other than feeling some mild gravity effects I didn't trip at all, even though every other time I've ever used it at the same dose I used it that day had/has been a "level 5: unaware of my life and surroundings" type trip. Instead, my feelings of sadness were amplified to unbearable levels. I paced around in circles in my parents' garage too shocked to cry or kill myself. I kept asking myself "what is this, where are the fucking visions?" Finding my dexterity and memory totally intact, I dialed up a friend. When he answered it was such a relief simply to talk with a friend and tell them what had happened. Never, before or since, have I ever called a person up for emotional support in my 29 years on this planet. I'm not a hard ass about it or anything, I've just never felt the need. The enhancement of emotion was so strong and sudden there was no way to anticipate or prepare for it like there has been with other bad times. It was that experience that made me believe salvia is a true psychedelic rather than the deliriant many have written it off as.

Sounds really deep. Would you say the experience made you dislike salvia?

It sounds like a really powerful drug. Something to reckon with, but I'd like to have an experience so different than anything else. Salvia sort of fascinates me.

No, it didn't make me dislike it. It revealed that I was dealing with something unprecedented, a class of experience unto itself, which made me respect it far more.