• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Salt filtering for hand sanitizer?

gbchris

Greenlighter
I am a veteran drinker of hand sanitizer, and have never heard of this until a few days ago, but I was on a call with an old friend and he said he had been using salt to filter out the alcohol and leave the other shit at the bottom.
I wouldn’t expect it to filter out everything, probably not the methanol that it’s sometimes contaminated with, but surely if it works at all it’s safer than not trying it, right?

So has anyone else heard of this or tried it, and does it work? Is it harm reduction or just less unpleasant?

You can make your own alcohol with little effort and overhead. Why anyone would drink poison, when aside from alcohol's ubiquitousness, you can literally produce it legally in your own home, again, with little effort or money.

Fermentation is your friend.

You can make your own alcohol with little effort and overhead. Why anyone would drink poison, when aside from alcohol's ubiquitousness, you can literally produce it legally in your own home, again, with little effort or money.

Fermentation is your friend.
I know I know and I might start doing that but I was asking in case I gets desperate
Supposedly it does help, but yeah, it wouldn't help you with all of the trash.

Can you really not just buy vodka?
When I can afford it. The problem psychologically speaking is that hand sanitizer is what I’m used too. It’s how I became an alcoholic. I was in “treatment” when I was like 15 and found it out and now I’m into it

I know I know and I might start doing that but I was asking in case I gets desperate

When I can afford it. The problem psychologically speaking is that hand sanitizer is what I’m used too. It’s how I became an alcoholic. I was in “treatment” when I was like 15 and found it out and now I’m into it

Jesus mate, no one can get that desperate in a society fuelled by alcohol.