• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Growing Salicylic Acid for Increased Potency

Right - there's good and bad PGR's --- alfalfa is another PGR but all-natural so it's a good one

i use it all throughout veg to the end of week 5 in flower... 5 ml/gal and then once they hit flower, i go up to 10 ml/gal

i normally use this one but it's sold out at the moment ----> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VVG7FRP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but this one i like too when i cant get that ----> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZNW5CK/ref=twister_B073ZMV1MD?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

32.99 for a gallon is a good price....and it's cold-pressed....i don't like the black stuff that's been heated

the other one i like is this ----> https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH5342-BioWeed-Vitality/dp/B002KETEJW/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3A0HLOOZ4L2C9&keywords=bio+weed+general+organics&qid=1643137565&sprefix=bio+weed+,aps,161&sr=8-5

but for whatever reason, they're raping ppl with that price on amazon

I’m assuming you mean a foliage spray? This is very appreciated man! I’m probably gonna make a thread soon with a lot of questions cuz I’m realizing I’m far behind on the research these days.
-GC

I’m assuming you mean a foliage spray? This is very appreciated man! I’m probably gonna make a thread soon with a lot of questions cuz I’m realizing I’m far behind on the research these days.
-GC

sorry - no that's just part of my feeding schedule

i don't really foliar too often like ritually....but when i do, i like to spray them with a fish foliar like this stuff...

but if you cant find that, this would also work:

https://www.amazon.com/Down-Earth-F...refix=fish+powder+foliar+feed,aps,164&sr=8-20

and i wouldn't use that after week 2 - but it's great stuff if they're looking a little pale after transplant....it stimulates root growth and i do notice a difference when i use it

:rockon:

i can't find the PBR emoji :limp:

ymca.gif

The only foliar spray I use is river water and I only do it on my outdoor grows during heat spells.

Adding salicylic acid would be insane, and any seasoned grower would tell you that.

I dont use ANY compounds in my plants that aren't naturally occurring in my soils. But I am blessed to be by very fertile soils.

In my other indoor grow we use Korean natural farming techniques and its amazing! Read up on that!

Hope this helps,

Endo

The only foliar spray I use is river water and I only do it on my outdoor grows during heat spells.

Adding salicylic acid would be insane, and any seasoned grower would tell you that.

I dont use ANY compounds in my plants that aren't naturally occurring in my soils. But I am blessed to be by very fertile soils.

In my other indoor grow we use Korean natural farming techniques and its amazing! Read up on that!

Hope this helps,

Endo

All due respect the research article provided shows clear benefit and explains why.. I am also a “seasoned” grower having nearly a decade of experience starting at age 16 taught by dad who was taught by his uncle (3 generations), but I also like to try new things and push the limits.

Explain to me in detail why “adding salicylic acid is insane” that doesn’t involve you just trying to play the elitism card?

-GC

^^^

No not at all, and I'm 4 generations in(😂🤣 )

I've just always grown organically, I also don't agree with using using silver to s1 strains either. That's just me.

Willow in the soil I'd be willing to try if needed but I simply don't.

Sorry if I came off like an asshole(not my intentions at all), but I have high functioning aspergers and at times I DO come off as an asshole, my apologies.

My rule is do whatever YOU want to do, it's your grow, your rules.

Aaaand I'm not saying the study is lying, but there are other ways to stress a plant to increase phenols etc without adding anything(ie. Disrupt the root system while transplanting after vegetation).

My grow tests all of of our methods especially during breeding to pick winners, and that data over and over dose NOT LIE.

There are so many variables to consider...

Again I apologize if I came off as an asshole.

Endo

The article I was viewing showed dose dependent increases up to 1M SA solutions having the most dramatic effect. Cannabinoids, phenols and flavonoids all increased significantly, the only thing that suffered was the terpenes which increased significantly at .01M but dropped hard thereafter.

-GC
SOUNDS LIKE TRADING 1 THING FOR ANOTHER IN THIS CASE LOSING TERPENES IS NOT A GOOD THING AND COULD MESS UP THE BUD BUT YOU WILL ONLY KNOW IF IT WORKS IF YOU HAVE YOUR BUDS TESTED.

^^^

No not at all, and I'm 4 generations in(😂🤣 )

I've just always grown organically, I also don't agree with using using silver to s1 strains either. That's just me.

Willow in the soil I'd be willing to try if needed but I simply don't.

Sorry if I came off like an asshole(not my intentions at all), but I have high functioning aspergers and at times I DO come off as an asshole, my apologies.

My rule is do whatever YOU want to do, it's your grow, your rules.

Aaaand I'm not saying the study is lying, but there are other ways to stress a plant to increase phenols etc without adding anything(ie. Disrupt the root system while transplanting after vegetation).

My grow tests all of of our methods especially during breeding to pick winners, and that data over and over dose NOT LIE.

There are so many variables to consider...

Again I apologize if I came off as an asshole.

Endo

Alright you got me beat ;) thing is salicylic acid is organic! It comes from nature, found in willow (albeit low amounts) and many other plants as an immune regulator.

And I’d argue triggering a plants protective response via a natural ORGANIC product is better than trying to physically stress the plant.

As I’ve done in the past with my experiments I’ll just try on a couple plants.

SOUNDS LIKE TRADING 1 THING FOR ANOTHER IN THIS CASE LOSING TERPENES IS NOT A GOOD THING AND COULD MESS UP THE BUD BUT YOU WILL ONLY KNOW IF IT WORKS IF YOU HAVE YOUR BUDS TESTED.

Did you even read any of this.. lol. The terpenes RISE DRASTICALLY on the lowest concentration.

Alright I’ve got all the “information” I need from you guys lol Jesus Christ.

-GC