• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids "Safest" opiate?

I see. Because they do a lot more than just relieve back pain. They can give you more energy and make you more social, at first at least. It's hard to be down on yourself when you're on them. They take one's anxiety away. I take them whenever my back has been hurting for a few hours and I can't take it anymore. Even still, I'm worried. I'm young, I hurt my back way too young in life. I wish, wish, wish I didn't have these pills in my life. Every time I take them I'm just kicking myself for it. Like I'm a yogi and all organic foods type person, I only used to use psychedelics. I really don't like them and it's purely out of necessity because of my back, I need it like food and water (not even considering the physical dependency aspect). But I'm under prescribed and that's my biggest problem. If I ran out I don't think I'd last a day. So I need to discuss this with my doctor but it's very uncomfortable, I hope he/she will understand. Actually I'm so uncomfortable with this aspect of myself that I deleted what I wrote above. I just hate that I have to use. There's really no other option that I've found and the medical system is so painfully slow.

I'm going to prepare and rehearse what I'll say. Regarding my need for a higher dose. My doctor is chill, he knew I was taking them before he prescribed me. There's no hiding it, I can't walk without a few percocets in my system. And he always asks how many I'm actually taking, like he already knows. I won't admit that I'm taking more, just that I need more. Sorry to be off topic here, it's just what I'm presently dwelling on. Anyways. I think addiction is a really complicated thing to discuss. But if you don't have chronic pain like this, the choice is pretty obvious... there are much less addictive things to get high off (and easier on your wallet) and if you made a mistake trying them (I'd honestly say never even try it once if you can avoid it) and are getting addicted, the longer you put it off the worse it will become. It's just not worth the risk I'd say but I'm not here to preach. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole unless you medically need them, though in all seriousness.

There's no such thing as a safe opiate. A lot of heroin addicts start off with a single vicodin or percocet. I don't mean to preach sobriety. I'm by no means straight edge. It's just these are helping me with my disability, literally my saving grace and I still can't live with how badly I'm hooked on them. It's seriously hell being addicted and needing more and more over time due to the way that tolerance skyrockets. I'm not even on a high dose either yet, but a moderate one. It doesn't matter what dose you're taking if you're using daily. You're on the path.

Last edited:
i'm just like you same story.

having that degree of control to not abuse the stuff becomes very easy when its about not being in agony and rationing what you have. very easy to choose weeks of not wanting to shoot yourself in the head from how intense the pain is over a couple nights of nodding out and feeling bliss.

if your pain got torturous enough i'm sure you wouls have no problem only taking enough to remove the pain and not abuse them recreationally, your pain must not be all that bad or you have an endless supply.

When my back flares up it's at a 9-10 range and stays in that pain sphere for a good 4-8 weeks(shoots my blood pressure up dangerously high ,also once it was 205/110). Daily my pain is manageable(4-5) but even when it spikes I'm deftly afraid to over do my meds because I'm more afraid of being strung out on opiates then sever pain. I do other unhealthy shit such as drink and smoke weed in excess when it's bad.
Not to mention I've already broke that addicted to opiate barrier(once pickeled you can't go back to being a cucumber) so yes it would be a problem for me to just take what I need.You know the old saying about being left to our own devices!​