View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Safer Research Chemical User's Guide

Reply to gloggawogga's point.

gloggawogga:

You have a good point. And you will note that, assuming I didn’t miss any in the edit process, every reference to the phrase ‘Research Chemicals’ is in quotes. Your point is definitely something worth considering. Might keep it in the title and then quickly state that a more accurate designation would be ‘Unresearched Chemicals’ and use that phrase throughout the rest of the document. Will think about this or similar changes further.

I B

The term "unresearched chemical" won't be accepted,just a feeling Ï have now,might expand later.

props to illuminati boy for puttin all this information together

Although I certainly learned of research chemicals through their availability online, I do not support that profit-driven idea. Research with these chemicals should go on, perhaps, under only very well intentioned supervision by the user himself and the source.... At this point, I have no idea where to find new r/c's, and I think thats the way it should be until research is thoroughly completed and documented. (not saying I wouldn't like to be still in the scene, I just think thats it's probably for the best that the non-technocrat not have access to these compounds and the information relating to them for the assurance that research will continue)

I mean, seriously, that shit in the late 90's-early 2000 was crazy! 2c-e in the hands of idiots!

I'd like to note that sublingual absorption seems to be quite underestimated, at least from the reports on this forum and erowid. Sure it tastes awful (which actually has for effect the increase in salivation) but if you can hold the liquid at the back of your mouth (the pharynx is reportedly ideal) the onset is faster and much more pronounced for certain substances. I only have one anecdote as I made this discovery yesterday but it merits further inspection. Simply licking my fingers (couldn't have been more than 2-3mg) from handling a gelcap dusty with 4-Aco-Mipt and absorbing the acrid liquid in mouth gave me a very pronounced visual (the whole floor was rolling waves, shroom style) less than 10 minutes later.

I wish companies would look into customers before sales.I see some are but most will sell to any idiot who can use a credit card.I think they should examine posts made on BL and other psychoactive forums by a possible customer to see if they know anything about the substances they are inquiring about.

Adolfo said:
Simply licking my fingers (couldn't have been more than 2-3mg) from handling a gelcap dusty with 4-Aco-Mipt and absorbing the acrid liquid in mouth gave me a very pronounced visual (the whole floor was rolling waves, shroom style) less than 10 minutes later.

This sounds so familiar, man! Once I open Pandora's box, i usually end up tripping, even if I don't ingest a whole dose.... maybe that's why the police raid people's houses in chemical hazard suits ;)

And it's so true about sublingual absorption. I do it often because I like to make contact with the substance. And it does kick in way faster and my body seems less shocked when it does.

Never redose unless you are absolutely sure that the chemical wont sometime later finally come on and have you tripping good from your initial dose. Sometimes a chem can take 4-5 hours to come on fully! Even if you are very experienced with the drug, you know what little alerts/details to look out for, you should still always wait it out until you're absolutely sure that you could use more. Also, 1 + 1 doesn't necesarrily equal 2. The dose response curve for many "unreseached-chems" :) can have such an unbelievably steep and sudden increase. For instance 2mg might be a light trip, 6mg is a decent, 10 a strong and 12mg way too much. Just a 2mg increase makes the trip unbarable at a certain level, when at the same time at lower levels a 4mg even up to an 8mg increase is reasonable. So be careful. Be cautious. Be smart.

For consideration in the Metavestatractichemici, I would add that also absent in most rating systems is a quick reference to duration of effect. Perhaps a numeric postcript informing the reader in this regard would be helpful.

For example, one could divide onset times into the following three categories:

1 = immediate: less than half an hour.
2 = between 1/2 hour and two hours.
3 = two to three hours.
4 = three to four hours.
5 = more than four hours.

Next would be the consideration of duration of actual effect. Again, numerically categorized:

1 = brief: less than one hour
2 = one to four hours.
3 = four to eight hours.
4 = eight to fourteen hours.
5 = over fourteen hours.

Combined, the onset/effect duration postcript could be rendered as a fraction. For example, LSD might be rated as:

B2/4

With the 2/4 written as, say, and exponent (small elevated numerals.)

Just off the cuff, but for me the issue of duration of onset and effect is of major importance and should be immediately available information. Any thorough rating system, I would think, should spontaneously illuminate one in this regard.

BTW, I want to add my compliments to Illuminati Boy for a fantastic effort. You have yielded a signifcant contribution -- well done.

This thread is nothing short of amazing.
Thank you very much for this invaluable information.

Good reading - thanks.

illuminati boy said:
...Some 4th position tryptamines appear very susceptible to oxidation and/or may be quite hydroscopic.

The only thing I can add is I believe it's hygroscopic, not hydroscopic. :! (that was the most anal retentive smilee, IMO)

Guidelines for testing RC's.

Testing out my RC's is something that I have never done before but I have seen a couple of posts saying that everyone should do this regardless of whether it is ordered from their usual supplier or not.

After the recent deaths from the 2C-B-Fly dfly mix up this is definitley something I want to do.
So are there any guidelines for testing say aMT?

Other than buy a testing kit your only real option is to try a tiny dose & gauge the reaction.

Then work your way up.

A marquis test is a staple of mine. :)

Merging with the Safer Research Chemical Use thread.

Thanks for the replies and for merging.

That is one heck of a read, very informative.

I do have a Marquis reagent test kit, what colour should aMT go?
I only have 250mg, how many mg's should be used in the test?

Thank you for this.

I am about to venture into some 2c and 5-meo and it was a very good read.

I do have a Marquis reagent test kit, what colour should aMT go?
I only have 250mg, how many mg's should be used in the test?

According to the chart contained here: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_faq_testing_kits.shtml

It should go Dark brownish-yellow. However, I'm not sure whether 5-MeO-AMT gives the same reaction or not. One of the main problems with the marquis is that some chemicals give the same reaction. For example 2C-B and DOB give the same reaction, but there's one heck of difference in dosage and intensity/duration of effects. :\

All you need is a little sprinkle, a couple grains, less than 5mg.

The "psychedelic reagent testing HERE" thread

SO -
Here is where you post your reagent test results for PHENS, CATHINONES, TRYPTAMINES, etc.

I was reading a few people's comments in a number of threads - and decided to open this thread up, seeing as it would be a good thing to have reference for something other than pills/MDMA marquis (or other reagent) tests.

Tomorrow evening, I post Marquis reagent test results of the 2C-E and the 2C-I I have.

I expect to see some pictures in here when I wake up maybe...or at leat some interest...I think this is a really good idea!