• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Safe Tramadol use

Forever Changes

Bluelighter
Hi

I know there's no hard and fast rule, but what is a safe-ish dose limit for Tramadol, without the risk of seizures, which from what I've read on other threads is the mot serious potential side effect?

And what do I do if I think I'm suffering a seizure (apart from ringing for the emergency services)?

The maximum daily dose is 400 mg (IR pills) or 300 mg (ER pills).
Above that, the risks of convulsions are very high. But, I tell you something, I irresponsibly have come to take 1500 mg daily without problems but I felt that at any moment I could convulse.

I assume the ones I have are Instant release - can anyone who speaks Spanish confirm this:

what does convulsing feel like?

I presume it's best not to mix Tramadol with Benzodiazipanes of any type...

I'm pretty sure they are IR. Otherwise, it would indicate that they are ER.

I don't know what it will feel like to suffer a seizure, since I have never suffered one. But in doses greater than 1000 mg, I feel lightheadness, slight weakness and as if there was something weird in my brain. I don't know how to explain it but I've been too lucky. I don't know how I have not convulsed with such high doses.

So, please do not take more than 400 mg. Don't be irresponsible like me.

Actually, benzos (in small doses) decrease the risk of seizures. So they are quite helpful. You can also take anticonvulsants like Pregabalin.

I'm pretty sure they are IR. Otherwise, it would indicate that they are ER.

I don't know what it will feel like to suffer a seizure, since I have never suffered one. But in doses greater than 1000 mg, I feel lightheadness, slight weakness and as if there was something weird in my brain. I don't know how to explain it but I've been too lucky. I don't know how I have not convulsed with such high doses.

So, please do not take more than 400 mg. Don't be irresponsible like me.

Actually, benzos (in small doses) decrease the risk of seizures. So they are quite helpful. You can also take anticonvulsants like Pregabalin.

actually it's Spanish and they say 'Kern Pharma, S.L capsulas EFG'

I don't know what of that is the manufacturer's name and whether or not they refer to instant or extended release,

but I'll be careful and take no more than 400mg at a time

It actually works better when you stagger it I've always liked to go 100mgs wait 45mins and 100mgs more and so on till I hit 400mgs and then just leave it alone. Your body feels the Opioid effect from the metabolite O-DSMT, breaking up the dose allows its conversion to better take place I'd assume. I've had two seizures on it over the years taking over a Gram in a day so be careful. Really love the high when you have low tolerance and hit the sweet spot. A stimulating warm opioid effect, very nice. The benzos taken in moderation are a good thing as mentioned above, I've used that combo many times to my enjoyment.

actually it's Spanish and they say 'Kern Pharma, S.L capsulas EFG'

I don't know what of that is the manufacturer's name and whether or not they refer to instant or extended release,

but I'll be careful and take no more than 400mg at a time

I'm native spanish speaker and on the page you linked does not say they are ER. EFG is an acronym for Equivalente Farmacéutico Genérico (Generic Pharmaceutical Equivalent). However, I don't know what it means S.L. capsulas.

Please be safe.

Have you taken Tramadol before?

I'm native spanish speaker and on the page you linked does not say they are ER. EFG is an acronym for Equivalente Farmacéutico Genérico (Generic Pharmaceutical Equivalent). However, I don't know what it means S.L. capsulas.

Please be safe.

Have you taken Tramadol before?

no, this is my first time. I'm starting low and not mixing them with benzos

It actually works better when you stagger it I've always liked to go 100mgs wait 45mins and 100mgs more and so on till I hit 400mgs and then just leave it alone. Your body feels the Opioid effect from the metabolite O-DSMT, breaking up the dose allows its conversion to better take place I'd assume. I've had two seizures on it over the years taking over a Gram in a day so be careful. Really love the high when you have low tolerance and hit the sweet spot. A stimulating warm opioid effect, very nice. The benzos taken in moderation are a good thing as mentioned above, I've used that combo many times to my enjoyment.

Is Tramadol metabolised by the same enyzmes as Codeine? Becuase Codeine does nothing for me

Like I said in the other thread I've had a seizure even on 350mg spread throughout the day despite that being a "safe" dose you'd easily get off a GP.

It's difficult to say exactly how much tramadol is "safe" honestly. It's a roulette wheel. Definitely stay below 400mg though.

And tramadol is metabolised by both CYP3A4 and CYP2D6. The latter is also what metabolises codeine, but the other one is different. FWIW for me tramadol does nothing these days except give me SNRI side effects while codeine gives me a nice, if mild, high. So if codeine does not work for you, tramadol could easily work. Just be careful with your doses.

Another thing to keep in mind is tramadol can easily take an hour or so to kick in so don't redose it quickly.

Cheers, Wilson, I'm being careful and dosing gradually to see if I get anything good from Tram, but I'm not really expecting much.

With codeine I got up to about 300mg but I made sure to take antihistamines with it in case of allergic reactions. I wasn't willing to go any higher, so I just said fuck it with codeine and binned them. To be honest I didn't get anything from DHC either. Or poppy pod tea. But I used to like Kratom before they banned it

Cheers, Wilson, I'm being careful and dosing gradually to see if I get anything good from Tram, but I'm not really expecting much.

With codeine I got up to about 300mg but I made sure to take antihistamines with it in case of allergic reactions. I wasn't willing to go any higher, so I just said fuck it with codeine and binned them. To be honest I didn't get anything from DHC either. Or poppy pod tea

Maybe opiates just aren't for you, unless others have worked? Honestly if you get nothing from any opiate consider yourself lucky and go for another drug. Liking opiates too much is bad news.

Maybe opiates just aren't for you, unless others have worked? Honestly if you get nothing from any opiate consider yourself lucky and go for another drug. Liking opiates too much is bad news.

well these are pretty mild opiates we're talking about. I would not go down the heroin route, but I don't judge others who do

Kratom - although not technically an opiate - did work on occasion for me. Gave me a sort of sense of wellbeing

well these are pretty mild opiates we're talking about. I would not go down the heroin route, but I don't judge others who do

Kratom - although not technically an opiate - did work on occasion for me. Gave me a sort of sense of wellbeing

A mild opiate should work perfectly fine on someone who is opiate naive. So if you've tried codeine, DHC, tramadol, and poppy tea (which is full of morphine and other alkaloids) and got nothing enjoyable it's likely this family of drugs just don't do it for ya.

It's more common than most on BL seem to think honestly. I always get told on here that "everyone likes opiates!" And yet I have many times had mates text me offering to sell their scripts to me because "I know you like this stuff but it just makes me sick and itchy." Not just codeine either I'm talking about Oramorph bottles too. I love those things.

Does klonopin nullify any form of seizure? independent of tramadol dose? if not ,other any drug ?