• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safe interval between ephedrine hcl + caffeine and DXM

ZAndrews

Greenlighter
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site, I've been a reader for years but never had to ask anything because I've never been unable to find the info I've needed from researching.
Apologies if I may be in the wrong section.
I would like to know how long I would have to wait to dose 850mg DXM after taking 24mg of ephedrine with 300mg caffeine.

I should add that today I took 3 doses of this EC ratio each 5 hours apart and it is now 4 hours since the last EC dose.

Both caffeine and ephedrine have a half life of like 5 to 6 hours so 24 hours post peak youd have like 0.5 0.25 0.125 0.0625 maybe 7% of each left I could be wrong though.
And depends on individual factors

I'm sure we could give you some more concrete information, like to burn through a few respective half-lives for both the Ephedrine and Caffeine before dosing the Dextromethorphan, but I feel like it's just as accurate and easier to remember just to instruct you not to do both on the same day. In mild amounts, like say, your morning cup of coffee or an Ephedra pill, I don't think it would be a problem.

The issue is, that Dextromethorphan in high-doses can cause a lot of stress on your body. It's nothing crazy or lethal, but tachycardia, palpitations and associated discomfort of the chest are not uncommon. If you're on high doses of Caffeine and Ephedrine already, you are opening yourself up for a potentially difficult experience. I've been through it. in High School, 4 red bulls, 13 Coricidin (Don't ever take this shit) -> Hours of Hell.

Thanks for the replies!
I decided last night to just wait as I felt irritable and anxious. I only started taking EC stack 4 days ago and yesterday was my first day of the full dose. I'll skip the second and third doses of EC so I can safely trip tonight.
Thanks guys!

Good luck i hope you have someone around. Dont fool yourself into thinking you are safely tripping. Theres a website dedicated to dxm trip reports and the horror stories start at 700 and above for the most part. Below say 500 i dont recall reading about a trip disaster, not to say it cant happen tho. With the EC or by itself at that dose, DXM could cause an arrythmia.

Thanks for your concern.
I just meant as safely as possible with such a dose of DXM. I have a lot of experience with DXM and my dose is usually 750-900mg.
I agree that DXM is in no way a "safe drug".
I do have someone on stand by in an adjoining room but I prefer to trip with no one in the immediate space.
Thanks again. Maybe I'll post a trip report, I never have.