• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Safe amount of crushed oxycodone to shoot?

^ Back from the Brink, Oxycode has mean BA% around 50%; multiple studies confirm this. And peak plasma levels would be much higher, And oxycodone enters the cns vaster thab morphine

Same reason so Many snort, peaks in 10-15(~) minutes, higher Cmax, generally giBA%(?

If you Google "oral bioavailability of oxycodone" literally every single source puts the oral BA far far higher than 50% with a maximum of 87-90%..

Not sure what multiple studies you are referring to, but every single one I can find doesn't state 50%.

The absolute lowest I coukd find was mean 60% with 20% SD.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4006196/

Pharmacokinetic studies of orally administered OxyContin report a mean terminal half-life (t1/2) of approximately 4.5 to 6.5 hours, mean time to maximum concentration (Tmax) of 2.5 to 5 hours, and oral bioavailability equivalent to immediate-release oxycodone (mean 60%, standard deviation [SD] 20%).10-12

Wiki puts it as high as 87%

Last edited:
No one anywhere is getting scripted opioid injectable vials..... Maybe a crooked medical staff swiped some stock or something, but no one is getting it scripted.

OP is delusional about scripted injectables, wants to crush pills for injection at up to 16x the dose from her previous injectable, for a drug with good oral profile.

And a fight over the bioavailability. But I don't see a broken rule yet.

Edt: not to mention, 80mg oral hydrocodone does nothing for OP:

oxylove's other thread said:
and have been using hydrocodone the last 3 days up to 80mg now which has still done nothing.

So probably wouldn't get much out of it.

Last edited:
If its injected does the dose make a big difference then? I thought it gets to the brain much faster and in bigger doses than orally so more dangerous?

backfromthebrink like I said your posts of how you took 50 tramadol without a seizure etc and survived as a drug using hospital worker so long are questionable but I wouldnt refuse to help if there was a risk of you doing yourself harm. I never once said it was from a script and you picked up on a minor detail of how I had 5mg ivd ages ago, my mistake for getting off point

The people I know who claimed to have it are cancer patients in 10/10 pain, idk if a nurse brought it to them or what but if thats the case it still must have been scripted. As for me, well it was simply laying in a hospital bed :) any other method and I wouldnt say because whos to say youre not a fed asking all them questions about where I got my drugs

I think a motive of preventing an overdose tops anything no matter who is asking

Last edited:
backfromthebrink like I said your posts of how you took 50 tramadol without a seizure etc and survived as a drug using hospital worker so long are questionable but I wouldnt refuse to help if there was a risk of you doing yourself harm. I never once said it was from a script and you picked up on a minor detail of how I had 5mg ivd ages ago, my mistake for getting off point

The people I know who claimed to have it are cancer patients in 10/10 pain, idk if a nurse brought it to them or what but if thats the case it still must have been scripted. As for me, well it was simply laying in a hospital bed :) any other method and I wouldnt say because whos to say youre not a fed asking all them questions about where I got my drugs

I think a motive of preventing an overdose tops anything no matter who is asking

Well yeah...you kind if did

Im used to 40mg a day which doesnt give me any high anymore. The oxy isnt mixed with any paracetamol or anything. How much would be safe and how much water should I mix it with?

Ive been fine from injecting 5mg of a UK injectable solution but that seems low

It was from a doctor following trauma but I used 5mg, Im planning on 40-80mg and want to be safe before doing it

I didnt say it was outside a hospital and people do get discharged with injection morphine after severe pain then change to oxycodone if it gives side effects like itching, people I know had this. maybe it's your location, the UK will soon have 70 million people :) This is about harm reduction not where I got whatever I got, a lot of people die ODing from this method and I wanted to be careful. It's a general question too for anyone that does it

And secondly...I'm not entirely sure the relevance of my post warning others not to take as many tramadol as I have before has to do with you supposedly obtaining injectable oxycodone, but I'm not and never have been a "drug using hospital worker"...If you actually read the post your see that it occurred many many years ago when I was a student (in economics BTW..I've been other jobs and been in the army since then and my current job) and wasn't working....let alone a hospital...not to mention the detail that I neither now or at any other time have been a "hospital worker"....paramedics aren't "hospital workers" and I've never used any drugs in any shape or form other than those prescribed to me since having that job.....don't make assumptions.. And finally, the only "questioning" of anything i said is coming from you and your opinion is irrelevant....especially in the light of this thread and your bizzare remarks about "whose to say you're not a few asking them all (????...who is "them all") questions about where I got my drugs" .....andthe oxycodone you said you've "been fine from injecting" and "used" but now say you were given .

Just stop, your silly delusions are starting to make you sound like an idiot....perhaps injecting oxycodone is a really bad idea since getting even deeper into IV drug abuse will only exacerbate your mental health issues.

Last edited:
I think that's the case moreso with drugs that have activity on their own that's strong. I honestly think the issue is oxycodone gets most of its effects from it being metabolized into oxymorphone like codeine to morphine although having it's own activity unlike codeine. I'm speculating based upon guesswork, but I think it doesn't convert as much IV. That's the only reason I can see nasal working better even oral having more effect.

I honestly think you should just use it orally or nasally.

wow, this thread is getting really crazy!

Injecting pills is a really bad idea. They are not sterile and contain all kinds of fillers and binders which put you at huge risk of developing abscesses and other complications. These would most likely lead to a very expensive, painful and embarassing visit to the ER or doctor. I know this from first hand experience.

But, if you are set on doing it, start LOW!!!!! DO NOT bang 80mg. Use sterile saline or sterile water if you can get it and filter well.

IME one should always start with a very low dose the first time they IV a drug. You can always add more. I would start as low as 10mg and go slow.

Good luck and be careful