• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sabroxy

alephego

Greenlighter
I have been taking a dopamine reuptake inhibitor called Sabroxy which acts as a somewhat mild but noticeable stimulant. It can be purchased easily online and is the most potent, stimulating supplement I have found on the market so far. I'm on my third day of taking 200mg, still feeling very wired and just a little bit euphoric from that dosage. Has anyone else tried this and lost the magic? I'm hoping I can cycle off at least 4 days a week but so far I've been loving the effects and have even broken my promise about redosing (didn't have the same kick unfortunately). User reports are pretty scarce but it seems up to 500mg a day is well within the 'therapeutic' dosage. I'm pretty inexperienced with stims in general so maybe its effects would be less noticeable for some, but it might be of interest to users of the harder stuff because its mechanism of action on the brain. If anyone has tried this stuff, can you attest to how it stacks with other substances? I may try a dose with some shrooms in the next couple days or hours if nobody has any data on that.

Interesting, this is something new:
Sabroxy® is a standardized extract prepared from the dried bark of the Indian trumpet tree (Oroxylum indicum), contains a minimum of 10% Oroxylin A, to help improve memory and to support neuronal functions*

But I had high hopes for another extract from a plant called Polygala, containing a triple reuptake inhibitor and has good reviews on Reddit yet I can take six capsules instead of one and feel absolutely nothing.

Need to figure out whether I can import it here, then I'd give the Sabroxy a try.

Any headaches? Also how long does it last and any crash?

-GC
No headaches so far. Lasts around 4 to 6 hours. There is a noticeable comedown but its quite mild and almost pleasant in itself, nothing like a crash. I was taking phenibut as a sort of a recreational/productive supplement but compared to Sabroxy it felt much more caustic and clinical, and also less potent. Ive heard Sabroxy compared to phenylpiracetam, which I haven't tried, and I've also heard that Sabroxy's tunnel vision effect is somewhat like Modafinil, but again the literature on this is very limited and I'm by no means a polysubstance expert. However I will be stocking up on these as I can see them having a similar trajectory to phenibut and piracetam in terms of regulation. It's a damn fine drug for what it is and I'm curious as to how it would potentiate something like cocaine so the user could reduce their dosage. Even just as a way to get more stoned from dabs it's been quite the useful tool.

I tried it but didn't notice much of anything frankly other than perhaps it made me feel "weird". Certainly not stimulated. Only gave it a few tries. Was worried about pushing the dose too far due to it's supposed anti-GABAergic properties.

It is very similar in structure to the skullcap alkaloid (or rather, flavonoid) baicalein/baicalin, only difference being a methoxy in place of one of the hydroxyl groups. Strange that this minor alteration supposedly imparts anti-GABAergic qualities to it given that baicalein is said to be pro-GABAergic.

Skullcap also makes me feel weird, as did pure baicalein.

I tried it but didn't notice much of anything frankly other than perhaps it made me feel "weird". Certainly not stimulated. Only gave it a few tries. Was worried about pushing the dose too far due to it's supposed anti-GABAergic properties.

It is very similar in structure to the skullcap alkaloid (or rather, flavonoid) baicalein/baicalin, only difference being a methoxy in place of one of the hydroxyl groups. Strange that this minor alteration supposedly imparts anti-GABAergic qualities to it given that baicalein is said to be pro-GABAergic.

Skullcap also makes me feel weird, as did pure baicalein.

I had similar feedback from a friend with much more experience with stimulants, though he hasn't had any in years. I agree that it does feel slightly off putting, it comes with an intriguing range of effects beyond stimulation, and it really is more focus and verbal processing that is affected than anything like a huge energy boost. In regards to the anti gabaergic properties, is that enough of an issue to cut short my bender? Ive been planning on redosing tonight on an empty stomach with caffeine to see if that improves the effect of the second round. Is there some supplement I can take to counteract that effect? A few people do claim to take some daily but who knows.

I really like sabroxy but I am trying to find pure oroxylin A or the phenoxyflavone version I think it's called. I've taken up to 2,000mg of sabroxy in a day. The study I read they have 500mg 2xs a day. Also it seems to work well with Panax, caffeine, and l-theanine. However, I also have l-tyrosine, dopa mucuna and kratom in my stack. I think minimum I'd take it with caffeine and/or panax and kratom. I really like the way it feels with kratom.

But I'm still experimenting. Trying to find a substitute for mph and use it for cfs. Sabroxy is the most stimulanting natural supplement I've found so far and I tend to have very high stim toletances. But now i usually take 2 500mg tabs in am. Maybe another 1 or 2 after. I haven't found any records of others taking these high doses but it's tree bark and I've put much worse crap in my body. I'd rather take extra sabroxy than my vyvanse. But this is why I want the pure source so I can take much less and hopefully have less side effects.

Also need to test if removing the dopa mucuna would make it less potent or if it has any affect at all. My Dopa mucuna only has 15% l-dopa and there's a lot of mis information about that supplement. It's is NOT the same as taking per L-Dopa prescription which would be a terrible idea to take without script.

Also NOW is one of the better supplement companies and ppl need to do research on where to buy supplements from before disregarding something when they bought it from a shifty brand.

(Some of supps I'm taking now I need to change out or chsnge brand, bc I didn't know enough about buying good quality vitamins, I knew some but there are some key things to look fir i wasnt aware of and I'll link that info as well)

Source listed has very good info for nootropics and seems to stay updated.

"The only company that I know of who produces mineral chelates that work. And have the science to support their claims is Albion Minerals. The company has more than 70 patents backing up their chelation procedures.

Albion licenses their products to a few of the larger supplement manufacturers like Blue Bonnet, Doctor’s Best, Nature’s Sunshine, Natrol, NOW Foods, Douglas Laboratories, Solgar, and Swanson Vitamins."

Sabroxy/Oroxylin A Studies

Last edited:
I really like sabroxy but I am trying to find pure oroxylin A or the phenoxyflavone version I think it's called. I've taken up to 2,000mg of sabroxy in a day. The study I read they have 500mg 2xs a day. Also it seems to work well with Panax, caffeine, and l-theanine. However, I also have l-tyrosine, dopa mucuna and kratom in my stack. I think minimum I'd take it with caffeine and/or panax and kratom. I really like the way it feels with kratom.

But I'm still experimenting. Trying to find a substitute for mph and use it for cfs. Sabroxy is the most stimulanting natural supplement I've found so far and I tend to have very high stim toletances. Sometimes intake 2 500mg tabs. But this is why I want the pure source so I can take much less.

Does it seem to cause anxiety?

Does it seem to cause anxiety?
Yes, but I think it causes less anxiety than my vyvanse. I do have pretty severe anxiety anyways, and I'm not quite sure which supp in my new experimental combo is heightening my anxiety or at least causing the overstimulating but all I have to do is take some l-theanine and kratom and im good to go. Usually take 300mg l-theanine a day.

Last edited:
Overstim started when I made these chsnges: 1000mg of sabroxy in am (instead of 500mg) added coq10, panax ginseng and an energy supplement with: Guarana Extract (22% Caffeine), Panax Ginseng, Taurine, L-Theanine, Caffeine (Extended Release).

Overstim wouldn't be bad if it had some euphoria, but I am amazed at how stimulated I get just from these supplements.

Those are in addition to my daily stack which included dopa mucuna, oxiracetam, choline source, l-tyrosine, b12, fish oil, cordyceps, magnesium glycinate, and generic multivitamin.

Seems to be consensus in reddit to use caffeine and Panamax or panax with sabroxy.

Sabroxy by itself may not be as stimulating for some. But a couple of my friends tried it that are take prescribed stims daily and they said they even like it on its own but that's at doses of 500mg.

Also i might not need that much panax. But ive dosed panax 2-3xs a day in past and helped with energy levels.

I will be replacing the caffeine/energy supp, many ppl get jittery from it and I only got it bc I needed a natural caffeine source, since quitting coffee, and it had panax and supps I thought would enhance the sabroxy.

Switching to the dr best enery-coq10, NADH, b12. Looking into other multisupps that include what I take. Lift mode has an interesting one.

Also adding L-phenylalanine and possible other multisupps of things im already taking so I don't have to take so many caps.

Switching to NALT instead of l-tyrosine. Don't see reason to discontinue dopa mucuna, almost feels more releasing or relaxing than stim.

Also curious if yohimbe in my stack would = less sabroxy. Yohimbe and oroxylin a and a bunch of other good stuff is in mood lift lift modec supp. Wonder if anyone has had luck with it.

So far I'd choose sabroxy over vyvanse due to anxiety, tolerance, and personality changes. But id also choose ritalin over vyvanse which I know isn't a popular consensus.

I also feel that kratom synergies better with sabroxy than vyvanse.

For ref, klonipin was my holy grail med, didnt need antidepressants or other meds. It made me feel normal, had energy and could function. Although I was usually prescribed ritalin while on benzos, but I hated Xanax and lorazepam.

Probably also y I like sabroxy and kratom.

But I do have cfs and extremely bad anxiety that both majorly affect my life which is why I'd like to try pure oroxylin A, but can't find it and hope that someday someone creates the phenoxyflavone derivative.

Really hope to some day switch to all natural or at least mostly natural supplements and not be reliant on and support big pharma.

Last edited:
Overstim started when I made these chsnges: 1000mg of sabroxy in am (instead of 500mg) added coq10, panax ginseng and an energy supplement with: Guarana Extract (22% Caffeine), Panax Ginseng, Taurine, L-Theanine, Caffeine (Extended Release).

Overstim wouldn't be bad if it had some euphoria, but I am amazed at how stimulated I get just from these supplements.

Those are in addition to my daily stack which included dopa mucuna, oxiracetam, choline source, l-tyrosine, b12, fish oil, cordyceps, magnesium glycinate, and generic multivitamin.

Seems to be consensus in reddit to use caffeine and Panamax or panax with sabroxy.

Sabroxy by itself may not be as stimulating for some. But a couple of my friends tried it that are take prescribed stims daily and they said they even like it on its own but that's at doses of 500mg.

Also i might not need that much panax. But ive dosed panax 2-3xs a day in past and helped with energy levels.

I will be replacing the caffeine/energy supp, many ppl get jittery from it and I only got it bc I needed a natural caffeine source, since quitting coffee, and it had panax and supps I thought would enhance the sabroxy.

Switching to the dr best enery-coq10, NADH, b12. Looking into other multisupps that include what I take. Lift mode has an interesting one.

Also adding L-phenylalanine and possible other multisupps of things im already taking so I don't have to take so many caps.

Switching to NALT instead of l-tyrosine. Don't see reason to discontinue dopa mucuna, almost feels more releasing or relaxing than stim.

Also curious if yohimbe in my stack would = less sabroxy. Yohimbe and oroxylin a and a bunch of other good stuff is in mood lift lift modec supp. Wonder if anyone has had luck with it.

So far I'd choose sabroxy over vyvanse due to anxiety, tolerance, and personality changes. But id also choose ritalin over vyvanse which I know isn't a popular consensus.

I also feel that kratom synergies better with sabroxy than vyvanse.

For ref, klonipin was my holy grail med, didnt need antidepressants or other meds. It made me feel normal, had energy and could function. Although I was usually prescribed ritalin while on benzos, but I hated Xanax and lorazepam.

Probably also y I like sabroxy and kratom.

But I do have cfs and extremely bad anxiety that both majorly affect my life which is why I'd like to try pure oroxylin A, but can't find it and hope that someday someone creates the phenoxyflavone derivative.

Really hope to some day switch to all natural or at least mostly natural supplements and not be reliant on and support big pharma.
kratom usually controls hard stims, but does not improve them at all. It mixes pretty well with other ethnobotanicals, like yohimbe.

What you say about l-dopa/mucuna is true, I was telling @plumbus-nine that one needs to find a proper mucuna extract because some are dull and innefective, and I think good extracts are very nice and noticeable, just not "euphoric" but you get pretty sharp and wired with high doses, and relaxing as you say, with low ones.

I write again in this thread..
basically because the other day I tried a BIG decoction of pau d'arco with oroxylum indicum bark

As far as I know Pau d'arco it's barely psychoactive so my clearly not placebo effects I got from the tea must have been the Oroxylum indicum bark

I used quite a lot of it, don't know exactly in terms of grams but more almost 2 full tablespoons.
I know that the bark surely has smallish quantities of oroxylin A, but I cannot pinpoint the effects fitting something like baicalein (because I've tried skullcap that has it, and it wasn't that..)

much likely was the mixture of all its actives but I'm pretty sure Oroxylin A was the culprit. I was very stimulated for hours, and I even had some insomnia, for almost a couple hours after going to bed.
The stimulation was mostly mental, not very physical (but I wasn't drained or tired at all). It really reminded me a soft version of 4f-mph (which is very dopaminergic in feeling).

On a side note/update I had a mini panic attack when combining sabroxy with cocaine a few months back.

The cocaine was wearing off so I thought I'd augment with 200mg of sabroxy (10% Oroxylin-A extract) and wound up feeling quite unpleasant.

Aside from being a DRI, Oroxylin-A is apparently a negative allosteric modulator of GABA-A, specifically at the benzodiazepine binding site. That particular site is a particular sore spot for my brain given my past of very heavy and prolonged benzo use, so that was likely the cause of my anxiety. The anxiety I experienced didn't feel of the dopaminergic or stimulant induced type, and it couldn't have been a cocaine comedown because I didn't have a whole and cocaine comedowns don't give me much anxiety even at high doses.

My mom mentioned sprouting seeds are superhealthy.

Will recheck (the truth) and comeback upon it Especialy Brocoli sprouts. But lets correlate this to all Cabbbage

My mom mentioned sprouting seeds are superhealthy.

Will recheck (the truth) and comeback upon it Especialy Brocoli sprouts. But lets correlate this to all Cabbbage
¿?¿?¿?¿?¿¿?
On a side note/update I had a mini panic attack when combining sabroxy with cocaine a few months back.

The cocaine was wearing off so I thought I'd augment with 200mg of sabroxy (10% Oroxylin-A extract) and wound up feeling quite unpleasant.

Aside from being a DRI, Oroxylin-A is apparently a negative allosteric modulator of GABA-A, specifically at the benzodiazepine binding site. That particular site is a particular sore spot for my brain given my past of very heavy and prolonged benzo use, so that was likely the cause of my anxiety. The anxiety I experienced didn't feel of the dopaminergic or stimulant induced type, and it couldn't have been a cocaine comedown because I didn't have a whole and cocaine comedowns don't give me much anxiety even at high doses.
That makes some sense, because as I remember thujone it's a GABA-A receptor antagonist, but at gamma site (it's not the benzo site, isn't it?
Maybe I had insomnia because of that? less firing of GABA due to both artemisia annua (thujone) and oroxylin A from oroxylum indicum bark?

¿?¿?¿?¿?¿¿?

That makes some sense, because as I remember thujone it's a GABA-A receptor antagonist, but at gamma site (it's not the benzo site, isn't it?
Maybe I had insomnia because of that? less firing of GABA due to both artemisia annua (thujone) and oroxylin A from oroxylum indicum bark?
Is that possible? Sorry but I am wasted to do any mental labor.

May I add my Bushcat hungering for attention

Last edited:
Just saw that the local vendor stocks now these sabroxy pills. A bit pricey but I decided to order, will hopefully arrive tomorrow. I would be so happy to finally get a real stimulant other than shitty caffeine. Will report!