• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Runny Nose after a weekend of Opiates & Benzos??

silver_lining

Bluelighter
A few thousand mg's of Tapentadol, few dozen mg's of klonopin over a blurry 3 days weekend..

Lots of blackouts, I feel "ok" today just groggy & what's up with this runny nose? I'm losing fluids here folks....

Maybe just a stress response. I get a runny nose when I binge on all sorts of stuff, or when I'm stressed, or tired, or when I eat a lot of food.

I don't even have allergies, either.

i guess, the only stress i am going through at the moment is weather or not to swallow a handful of these orange devils, and which benzo to wash em down with.

Blackouts or high doses of drugs cause physiological stress that you aren't really conscious of.

I'm so sorry to hear that. It was not too long ago that you were doing pretty good and spoke of how you could control and pass on things when necessary. It sounds like the floor did not hold on that strategy.
I completely know the feeling. It can definitely get so, so, so much better.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago we were having a conversation and you were on a taper. I was trying too. How are you feeling today?

trying to get back on track. I've ditched the opiates, it's these fucking benzo's that get a hold of me. I get such anxiety relief from them that even tho i keep my doses low and theraputic, it really messes me up mentally when i try and stop. I hate the taper. i hate that i have to taper. I hate me for putting myself in this situation.... AGAIN. I'm really trying to limit my drug use to as little valium as possible & sleeping pill zopiclone at night when needed. But after a month of abstinence i went on a crazy bender out of know where. Mixing the tapentadol, with xanax & soma plus sleeping pills and i woke up a few times with pills everywhere and no idea how many i ate. My journal is a mess. But today is better. I know i have hard days ahead, i'm gonna have to really find my inner strength and also some good hiding places to cry it out a bit. As i mentioned, i'm headed to AK very remote and lots of hard long hours of work ahead of me. My dumbass sent a bunch of shit up there. I hope i have the strength to just burn everything and stay clean the entire summer. I miss me. Just me. This fucking monkey of mine is out of control!

Thank You for asking. How are you doing? Still at zero?

Every other day or so I can keep it to zero Tapentadol.. wiith the help of a little gabapentin. Yet, I mostly hate the feeling of gabapentin as it just makes me feel so weighted down. The gabapentin is really just a super lame substitute.
I have tapered the Tapentadol to such an amount that I realistically get almost no physical withdrawals. I take at most 300mg over a period of 3 days where I used to take about 1200mg/day. My withdrawal is almost all mental. I will go a day or so and think I deserve some. It’s really just hard to break the habit that has been formed over a year of having my nice relaxing warm break. I always convince myself eventually..
I get the feeling that I will have this issue until I have the courage to throw it all away…
I really want to not want anything.
When do you leave for AK?

Last edited:
trying to get back on track. I've ditched the opiates, it's these fucking benzo's that get a hold of me. I get such anxiety relief from them that even tho i keep my doses low and theraputic, it really messes me up mentally when i try and stop. I hate the taper. i hate that i have to taper. I hate me for putting myself in this situation.... AGAIN. I'm really trying to limit my drug use to as little valium as possible & sleeping pill zopiclone at night when needed. But after a month of abstinence i went on a crazy bender out of know where. Mixing the tapentadol, with xanax & soma plus sleeping pills and i woke up a few times with pills everywhere and no idea how many i ate. My journal is a mess. But today is better. I know i have hard days ahead, i'm gonna have to really find my inner strength and also some good hiding places to cry it out a bit. As i mentioned, i'm headed to AK very remote and lots of hard long hours of work ahead of me. My dumbass sent a bunch of shit up there. I hope i have the strength to just burn everything and stay clean the entire summer. I miss me. Just me. This fucking monkey of mine is out of control!

Thank You for asking. How are you doing? Still at zero?
Even medical professionals find recidivism (idk if you guys also use that word; so failing abstinence) normal part of recovery.

What is almost impossible for most people who got burned with benzos properly is to have any kind of big stash and to use it responsibly. If you in any way can it’s best to keep with yourself amount needed for few days max and rest give to someone to hold for you, I know that often isn’t an option. Or travel somewhere where you would be stuck for weeks or months with suitable amount and see how instincts to avoid horrible WDs kick in and you at least somewhat reasonably use it. Another option is going to rehab, but again I understand neither that’s realistic for all. BUT given enough time with diy approach, those and similar option will get shiny appeal, that’s just how the story goes.

It took me a very long time to be able not to get pill sign in my eyes and go on a packman spree when there’s occasion for it. And it anyway wouldn’t be nearly as good as it was, probably wont ever be again but I’m ok with that, there are many better, less addicting soul eating drugs.

Don’t feel bad if you stick to therapeutic doses tho, 100% abstinence simply isn’t best option for all but getting smashed by benzos isn’t good for anyone.

Even medical professionals find recidivism (idk if you guys also use that word; so failing abstinence) normal part of recovery.

What is almost impossible for most people who got burned with benzos properly is to have any kind of big stash and to use it responsibly. If you in any way can it’s best to keep with yourself amount needed for few days max and rest give to someone to hold for you, I know that often isn’t an option. Or travel somewhere where you would be stuck for weeks or months with suitable amount and see how instincts to avoid horrible WDs kick in and you at least somewhat reasonably use it. Another option is going to rehab, but again I understand neither that’s realistic for all. BUT given enough time with diy approach, those and similar option will get shiny appeal, that’s just how the story goes.

It took me a very long time to be able not to get pill sign in my eyes and go on a packman spree when there’s occasion for it. And it anyway wouldn’t be nearly as good as it was, probably wont ever be again but I’m ok with that, there are many better, less addicting soul eating drugs.

Don’t feel bad if you stick to therapeutic doses tho, 100% abstinence simply isn’t best option for all but getting smashed by benzos isn’t good for anyone.
All the same could be said for opioids, no?

Well sure. But that isn’t my experience with opiods, not even close. I can imagine how being on needle for years or decades fucks you up more than high doses of benozos or at least as much.

For me years of daily strong opiod use (not I.V.) caused intense WD that lasted for a few weeks and after that I was just fine unlike with benzos where I needed months to feel a bit better (and a lot more to feel good and years after I still have room for improvement). And I can use opiods in a much responsible manner (got to do with my pain also I guess). What I have now, I could use up in a ten days or so and be high as fuck during that time but I don’t. I could get other stuff too and keep getting high as fuck for months but I don’t. All in all benzos had a thousand times worse impact on my life than opiods, it’s my fault, they could have been reasonably good tool (as opiods are for me) but in some imagined unrealistic situation. I should have listened to old junkies who were saying “pill poppers” are the worst.