• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Ruining stomach

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

Up anwhile now andbthibking about what some have said. I have spent the last decade plus without eating any food until night. I take all my Oxy, Clon, Celexa on empty stomach. I do not get pain relief if I have even a little food but i take Clon sublingual. People say I am ruining my stomach and I'm wondering, I don't take Tylenol or anything and I do eat at night. Am I doing damage this way? I eat a normal amount at night just all medicine taken first alwaysbfir years

Never heard this before... who is telling you this? Did a doctor tell you to take any of these medicines with food?

Pretty sure the official guidelines for all of these meds say they can be taken with or without food, and I can't think of any reason why they would do damage taken without. Do you experience any negative digestive symptoms?

I would say it's highly likely you have nothing to worry about.

what going on now? i eat regularly because it's part of my person list of drug rules and among the very top ones are NEVER MISS A MEAL, infact yes with the instant release meds you'll experience less effect, may i suggest while this may be considered ill-advised, theyre IR anyways right, so try crushing them, also the type of food MATTERS. is it greasy/buttery ? it'll coat the stomach and thus not as much will be absorbed so quickly and more will be absorbed/processed via the liver instead, oxycodone i find is absorbed very very quickly in the stomach and then a portion in the liver, which creates the metabolites among them being Oxymorphone which is a potent painkiller, but you might be too used to the 'immediate' relief you've beeen getting, the goal is relief period. now that may be one form or another, but what dose are you on ? 80 and up shouldn't be crushed if you dont know how your body will deal with it. However. if youve doubled up in the past, then crushing a single tablet won't kill you persay. but do be careful, please put your life ahead of the pain relief even though and i know it all too well, the relief can be the only thing that makes like worth living, but in the end, theres nothing we can do about the pain but we can learn to cope, you shouldnt expect to be pain free, nah. simply comfortable and capable of going about daily life is the main goal, thats what a physician aims toward atleast.

Are you asking this question pertaining to OIC(opioid induced constipation?) if you rather talk in private feel free to message me, i can direct you how to easily solve these issues without pouring blood out of your ass like i have on one occasion that i must say, freaked me the fuck out, i shit you not i thought i was dying. if this is the reason you believe you may be having issues, we will discuss it, while i can assure you i've maintained high-dose pain managment for years without any complications, and my mother has been taking 300mg mscontin for over a decade and she;s more regular than me, it really pisses me off because she boasts about it hrmhrm

I would like to hear more about how you solved the opiate induced constipation problem Zonxx.

but, theres a couple important things you have to keep in mind, YOU NEED TO GO, and you simply can't skip taking a good ol' dump, i use a couple things firstly i 'prep' myself 3 days ahead of time using Senokot which can be covered by insurance if you have it prescribed, i'll take 2 senokot for the first two days, and 3 on the 3rd, it acts as both a mild laxative (none of that stomach cramping type of laxative stuff though so don't worry, god i hate exlax.) and its a softener so you don't gotta feel like you're giving birth everytime you go, then if you feel like you're gonna have to give birth, i mean there's nothing wrong with sticking a tiny suppository into ya pooper once in awhile if thats what you need to do and you don't gotta have issues, and force your eyes out, Glycerin suppositories you use it, lay down for 10-20 minutes, then go for it, and you'll drop a nuke like it was a pebble, but there's different types of constipation too which is why i want you to pm me