• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

RSPB Survey - Big Garden Bird Watch

Don't think I've seen red kites before, lucky enough to have seen golden eagles (somewhere local too ;)) and sea eagles (Mull) in action. Buzzards are very common here.

I moved our bird-table (cause it had a wee accident 8) and I've been re-doing the garden plan) to the patio right outside the kitchen french doors - well the whole area is now covered in bird shit and chucked away sunflower seed husks lol :D messy wee buggers!

Magpie rhyme for pinkpapaver :)
One for sorrow
Two for joy
Three for a girl
Four for a boy
Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a secret, never to be told
Eight for a wish
Nine for a kiss
Ten for a bird you must not miss

I knew that up to seven but didn't know 8, 9 and 10 :) I can't help saluting magpies when I see em, so silly, always get embarrassed about it and pretend I'm not doing it at all.. 8)

Not got a garden so can't contribute to this really :( see the odd seagull but nothing else really. Might set up a bird table in my little outdoors area though and have a good watch :) my mum's an avid bird watcher, she keeps hassling me to do it!

Not got a garden so can't contribute to this really :( see the odd seagull but nothing else really. Might set up a bird table in my little outdoors area though and have a good watch :) my mum's an avid bird watcher, she keeps hassling me to do it!

Seagulls are cunts like Spade :|

You could hang up some feeders, they wouldn't take up much space or try one on your window?
eva-solo-glass-bird-feeder.jpg

pretty
images

I'm with your mum all the way to the Buddha in the garden %) birdy watching is lovely, very relaxing - it makes me sit still and focus <3

I like those, Kate! Good idea, will have a rummage in the shops and report back :)

My mum got some binoculars for bird watching for Christmas, she was glued to them! We've got a really long garden so comes in handy. Made me giggle at the time but I enjoyed using them too I must say :)

Funniest birds we get in our garden are pheasants - they are so unweildy, one got stuck on our gazebo then crashed through cos it couldn't support it's weight. He stayed with us for ages then moved on (probably to get shot.. :( )

It's mating season soon and all the birdies are out on the pull and looking fine and really colourfull. Also singing their little hearts out .
ATM we've got a pair of Blackcaps that are nesting in the garden and Blackbirds , their has been plenty of activity on the feeders of late , Long tails , GReat , Blue and Coal Tits.

@ Effie those feeders that Kate put the photos of are really good , i had a couple when i was living in a 3rd floor flat and they were very popular especially with the Blue Tits and Great Tits . I used to get Robins come n just eat some of the seeds that i left on the window seel.
I didn't pay more than £10 for the feeders and loads of seeds was well worth it for the entertainment and good Karma!

pigeons doin heroin drops, carrier pigeons doin heroin drops, imagine that , that'd be lovely.

its just like that episode of father ted

@ Effie those feeders that Kate put the photos of are really good , i had a couple when i was living in a 3rd floor flat and they were very popular especially with the Blue Tits and Great Tits . I used to get Robins come n just eat some of the seeds that i left on the window seel.
I didn't pay more than £10 for the feeders and loads of seeds was well worth it for the entertainment and good Karma!

Excellent, thanks Brimz! I'll look out for some, for the pleasure of seeing birds and the karma from giving them a good feed! Definitely worth it, wish I'd got some over winter when the birds really needed it but better late than never :)

There's an unusually tame buzzard in my garden atm.

It was just sat on the washing line and I got within 10 feet of the thing.

It's been following my mum around all afternoon.

She reckons it might of escaped from a sanctuary?

Or from a falconer, avoid calling the rspca unless you want the buzzard to die. Contact a known local falconer he'd be able to care for it in a proper way before an eagle owl says nomnom.

Last edited:
Didn't know if you'd get that (age wise), we watched it in school and had to read it lol

Yeah I think it was before my time, but I also watched it in school.

(Not to mention the 'bo selecta' Craig David sketch). :D

Ain't the Birdies looking lovely this time of year.
I've got a pair of Blackcaps , Goldfinches , Loadsa Blue tits, Great Tits n Long Tails , Blackbirds,Robins n a Wren all around about the garden atm. I haven't got any pets but the birdies more than make up 4 it.

^
Good news story for the wee birds :)

However, I was horrified to realise when I clicked your link and seen the picture, that my cat killed a chaffinch yesterday :| He brought it home for me and I didn't recognise it, had only just started to see them in the garden and was wondering...

Also wonder what confidence interval stats are applied to that survey data.

Jus ben checkin em myself , funny i get almost all the common garden birds as i have mentioned but never the Sparrow.

SpringWatch

Don't really watch much t.v but this is one programme i never miss .
Bill Odie was on last night with some words of wisdom.:)
Also the Presenter Chris Packham used to be on the Really Wild Show , any one remeber that ? It was a brilliant kids T.V show.

It's mating season atm n the Feathered Birds;) are lookin beautifull.

I was very happy this morning to see that Dunnock has re appeared in the Garden , they may look a bit drab but The Dunnock is the nymph of the Birdy world often having multiple mates .