• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Rolling for multiple days?

SWIMpsy

Greenlighter
Ok, so after doing a bit of reading on this forum regarding having breaks in between dosing and such.
I was wondering what is best if you have like a two events back to back?

Reason I ask is that there are two events coming up soon, one is on a Friday night and the other Saturday night. I would like to be rolling for both however there is the whole of Saturday to get through before the fun starts again on Saturday night. I would like to get some sleep before the event on Saturday as well and was wondering if something like dropping a pill (maybe pill and a half in total) on Friday, then coming down / off early Saturday morning. Sleeping a bit and then dropping a similar amount (Doubt more than 2 pills in total) Saturday evening would still work and be alright?

Or would it be better if I just kept dropping pills and tried to keep rolling from Friday night until Sunday morning?
This doesn't sound as pleasing to me as the 1st option though.

I will then take a break for 4 weeks before rolling again. Although does the above sound alright, should work fine?
Read that once your serotonin has been used up, that is it although not sure how quickly it can be depleted?

Thanks,
Psy

Your brain just doesn't carry enough serotonin for much more than 6 hours, so trying to carry on for 48 hr straight just runs more of a risk of serious long term effects like serotonin syndrome.

It is possible to back up the next night, but the high won't be the same, plus the risk of a terrible comedown greatly increases.

Either have a quieter night on the Friday or take a different drug the following night.

so trying to carry on for 48 hr straight just runs more of a risk of serious long term effects like serotonin syndrome.

THIS MAKES ME WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT. Yes the caps were relevant. Please learn what serotonin syndrome actually is before spouting BS around the forum. SS is not a longterm condition, it's an acute condition that will put you in hospital. It's a result of an extreme spike in serotonin - far higher than MDMA can cause alone. It's most likely to occur if you combine a powerful serotonin-releaser (e.g. MDMA) with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Since serotonin is a monoamine, the MAOI inhibits the breakdown of the massive spike in serotonin caused by MDMA = HUGE amounts of serotonin and nasty, potentially life-threatening, effects. Simply taking more & more MDMA is unlikely to induce SS, it usually only occurs when two drugs synergistically increase serotonin (like the previous example).

Regarding rolling twice in two days, it is doable and it can work when you're new to the drug. Naturally, it is ill-advised and not in the name of HR and might leave you with a harsh comedown. However, if you really want to do it ensure that: you take a relatively low amount on day one (1 dose with 1 redose MAX), take only a slightly higher amount on day 2 and don't go chasing the rush taking more & more - like you said serotonin is limited and you'll only increase the side effects, have some anti-oxidants/5-HTP on hand to help you aid your body's replenishment. If I wanted to roll twice in a row, I'd take antioxidants and 5-HTP after day 1 & then also after day 2. Don't be too freaked out if you have a harsh comedown on day 2, remember that it's just the result of overdoing it, and you'll be fine within a few days to a week.

Regardless, I wouldn't recommend taking it two days in a row, nobody can ensure that you will be fine. The risk is just increasing, but if you feel that it's worth the reward, then that's your decision.

Rolling two days in a row is unhealthy, and it's very possible that if you do this your Saturday dose will be much less effective than the Friday dose. Do NOT try to continuously dose for 48 hours, doing so puts you at risk of serious injury. Four weeks is probably not a long enough waiting period to recover from two consecutive MDMA doses.

Your best bet is to pick one event and roll just one night.

Hmm, alright then. I am fairly new to MDMA although perhaps I should drink a bit on Friday and then roll on Saturday or visa versa.
I am thinking Saturday will be the better event to be rolling. If I do drink on Friday I will hydrate throughout the night as well as Saturday and make sure I am hydrated for Saturday night and keep hydrated.

Trying to roll for 48 hours didn't seem like a good idea, so that is certainly out then.
What do you guys mean when you refer to "HR"?

I have heard lots of people talk about 5-HTP, perhaps I should google and try get some.
5-HTP will help alleviate the side effects and help your body rid itself of the toxins? As for an anti-oxidant I heard Vitamin C works fairly well?

HR = Harm Reduction, my friend. I would say your new plan sounds alot better than trying to roll and have a good time 2 nights in a row brotha. MDxx substances are extremely fun, but also very nerotoxic. Just gotta be aware of the pro's and con's when using MDxx, especially 2 consecutive days. Drinking the first night rolling the next sounds much safer to me dude.

THIS MAKES ME WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT. Yes the caps were relevant. Please learn what serotonin syndrome actually is before spouting BS around the forum. SS is not a longterm condition, it's an acute condition that will put you in hospital. It's a result of an extreme spike in serotonin - far higher than MDMA can cause alone. It's most likely to occur if you combine a powerful serotonin-releaser (e.g. MDMA) with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Since serotonin is a monoamine, the MAOI inhibits the breakdown of the massive spike in serotonin caused by MDMA = HUGE amounts of serotonin and nasty, potentially life-threatening, effects. Simply taking more & more MDMA is unlikely to induce SS, it usually only occurs when two drugs synergistically increase serotonin (like the previous example).

All due respect JW but you are incorrect. Sure SS is more commonly caused by mixing MAOI's with MDMA but I personally know two punters who were diagnosed with this separately after three to four day benders. It does take a concerted effort i grant you to party from Friday afternoon until Monday morning, and i imagine the mental strain alone would push most minds over the edge, but fiending for 48 hours on MDMA is a sure fire way to damage your brain.

Of my two friends, one eventually recovered, taking almost 12 months to get his life back together, the other committed suicide. Neither had any previous medical ailments or psychiatric history.

I would like to add something to this thread. I went Ibiza this year and had taken no MDMA 6 weeks prior to going.

Now I've taken MDMA around 20-25 times the past 12 months and yes I know that is too much (should really do it 4/5 times a year) but most of the time it was in Ibiza where I 'binged'

1st night = 1 pill = didn't roll that well
2nd night = 2 pills = rolled like an absolutely mofo
3rd night = 2 pills = rolled pretty hard
4th night = 2 pills = once again, rolled really hard and was dancing like crazy
5th night = 1 and a half pills = rolled more than any other night - this was at Amnesia too :D

Kinda weird how the effects didn't lessen? I was also mixing it with coke. I think it's mainly a case that the pills / MDMA are very pure.

^^ 5 days in a row..? I don't doubt you rolled each day, because I've had my share of reckless Benders... but, God damn! That's a little harsh on the brain!

You can do two days in a row but it's not advised. Be safe and take care of yourself.

diagnosed with this separately after three to four day benders
one eventually recovered, taking almost 12 months to get his life back together, the other committed suicide

This doesn't sound like serotonin syndrome. This sounds like MDMA-induced long-term depression. There's a massive difference. You wouldn't be diagnosed with SS after taking MDMA, you'd have SS while the MDMA is still in your body, hence why it's an 'acute' and not a 'chronic' condition. Please understand what SS is before talking about it. I'm sorry that your friends overdid MDMA and had long-term problems as a result, but they didn't get serotonin syndrome.

Being rolled into an ambulance Monday morning after going since Friday lunch is pretty acute to me. SS isn't diagnosed simply like a blood test or taking a brain core sample, but it is still possible from a multiple day bender.

I was nice to you JW but you can shut the fuck up now.

^^ 5 days in a row..? I don't doubt you rolled each day, because I've had my share of reckless Benders... but, God damn! That's a little harsh on the brain!

That was tame compared to the majority of people I spoke to dropping 5 pills a night on top of ket and coke.

One Scottish bellend I spoke to in the toilet told me he took 12 pills in a night. I hope he's dead....(I don't)

Being rolled into an ambulance Monday morning after going since Friday lunch is pretty acute to me

Wait, so when did they stop? Even so, I doubt it was SS. 3 days of non-stop partying adds a whole host of other possible reasons for ending up in hospital. Why assume it was SS? It could be sleep deprivation, dehydration, lack of food causing vitamin deficiencies, blood sugar... The list is endless after 3-4 days of non-stop partying and no recovery.

SS isn't diagnosed simply like a blood test or taking a brain core sample

No, but if someone has it you'll sure as fuck know about it. Extreme hyperthermia, delusional behaviour, extreme perspiration are certainly out of the ordinary and not caused by just MDMA alone.

but it is still possible from a multiple day bender

Serotonin is limited in stores, so just taking it for 3-4 days isn't going to suddenly cause SS (by day 2-3 the MDMA wouldn't even be releasing much serotonin anymore as there would be barely any left). If serotonin syndrome is going to occur, it would be during the first serotonin dump from MDMA - where serotonin is at it's highest.

I was nice to you JW but you can shut the fuck up now.

Sorry for rattling your cage OTW, and it's tragic when people die because of drug use, but I highly doubt it was serotonin syndrome and to label it as so is sensationalism.

It was the official diagnosis on his hospital form. It was 1996ish and the first time I had ever heard of it. Up until then I just head of people dying from hyper hydration or hyperthermia. The brain zaps and depression flowed from there for another 12 months. Thankfully he didn't end up topping himself like the other girl.

Way back then you could really blame another drug as being the cause. Pills were (too) plentiful and cheap. I'll never forget the fucked up convulsion or that dead look in his eyes that he just couldn't shake.

'Rolling for multiple day'. Read enough. Dumb and pointless and will only lead to bad places.
Don't mean to be rude but I wish I'd been given brutal honesty years ago when I did the same thing

I've rolled for multiple days in a row several times, it's not really a big deal unless you do it often. In my opinion, have your 3 days binge then after take your 5-htp and don't use molly again for at least a month. You'll be fine, by taking the 5htp you'll greatly reduce the sleeping issues , and depression. And if you have benzos on hand your good.

I know people that have done it, be prepared to feel shitty for a couple days after. But in terms of long term damage you're probably good unless you make a habit of it. Personally I'd find a different drug to do one of the days, even rolling twice in one week gave me a horrible comedown.