Roll Call - Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think freaky freaks were the name of the DJ's (although they could of been part of the group), they just did a carnival act and through the party. They had folks on stilts, some one unicycles, and they were juggling. They also had a band playing. They did the whole thing in the street before the sun went down, but when it did and it started to rain, the party moved inside of Nemo's. I went to another bar for a while and came back after the main show was over and thats when the dj's were on. The energy was right, i could feel the good vibes and the tunes were great.

Go to TheStranger.com & look it up. And it's Neumo's, not Nemo's. I'm thinking it was the "Circus of Freaks"(?) thing you were at. :)

JM- You should try to make it out to Element for Max Graham June 9th. It's definitely one of the places you need to check out being new in town. Digweed will also be in Seattle at the Showbox on June 11th. Welcome to Seattle, the nightlife is fuckin hoppin here. :)

Circus of freaks sounds more like it. It was good times none the less. Does anyone know if they do a lot of stuff around here?

I am actually going to the show box on the 7th to see The Streets. I have heard that the showbox is great venue. I would love to see Diggers, i will try to make it out.

The Showbox is a hell of a concert venue. The sound is great, and they have a steady streams of good shows that come through.

going to contours tonight for a show. Anyone interesting in meeting up? three bucks at the door.

contour on sundays sucks, there's usually about a total 0f 10 people there, 5 of which are working.

not a bad joint on a friday or saturday though as long as it's not russian night.

I haven't actually been in Contour yet. I've walked past it plenty of times on the way to other places, maybe I'll actually stop in one day. They bring in well-known dj's pretty often, right?

well known to the local scene, but no one that anyone outside of seattle has ever heard of. but on the right friday or saturday night, contour is abso-fucking-lutely BANGING.

for big names, go to element, last supper club, occasionally the showbox (like digweed on a fucking sunday :() ...

noc noc is a good afterhours joint, so is mantra and sometimes trinity is ok depending on the night ....

Doesn't that suck? I can't make it to Digweed either because of it being on a Sunday...

contour did suck on sunday, at least i got in for free. will have to check it another night. Going to show box in a few for the Streets show.

there's a place called "rebar" that although brings a predominantly gay crowd, the music is bar none and definately the best that sunday night has to offer in seattle.

but bring your own girls! ;)

will have to check rebar out. Went to see Digweed last night, awesome show. The showbox is really good venue.

I finally made it out to Element a couple weeks ago, and man, that place is nice! At least compared to clubs back in Jacksonville it was.

I went for Matthew Dekay, but left when Marcus Shulz came on. He's not bad, just my kinda tunes. :)

Night-life is soo bland these days in seattle.

However, this saturday is Trinity's Afterhours grand opening from 2am-8am. For the newcomers, Trinity used be called The Bohemian, and it used to be the sickest after hours spot in the northwest!

I went to trinity the other night for some DnB. It was good times. I read about the after hours grand opening, i am going to do my best to get out there tonight.

Hola...just moved out here from Madison, WI. It's damn good to finally move out of the bitter cold winters! Anyone know of any good minimal techno going on out here? I got a little spoiled over there in the Midwest...

Going to contour tonight... I always have a decent time and like that there aren't that many people there (the dancefloor is small), I just go to dance and have a few uber-cheap beers (can't beat a dollar a beer).

For those who don't know, Contour is a club in downtown Seattle (1st and madison?... right on the same block as Fado, and Owl n' Thistle is below it facing the other side of the block), and its free on Sundays, which is a weekly Breakbeat night called "Broken Grooves", and I've seen some awesome shows there (Circuit Breaker, DJ Kreeper, others). Sometimes its not that great, but its not like you aren't getting your money's worth (if it sucks you can leave without feeling bad on paying a cover). Also, they have one dollar driftwood ales, which are good in my opinion, an amber microbrew.

Don't know if anyone will read this, but if anyone's interested in going to the Tiki Show @ Roq La Rue on 9/15, then Mission Of Burma @ the Croc. Cafe, hit me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.