Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television River Monsters

I don't know why but I love this show. I have only been fishing once in my life so I know nothing about giant fish but this show is quality. I am a sucker for these types of shows...or at least late at night I am.

Though I rarely watch it for long, I do find it interesting; there was one fish he was hunting in Africa that looked so vicious (wish I could remember the name!) that I couldn't believe a mug like that wasn't as well known as a shark's or barracuda's.

^^Yeah I think I saw that one...that thing looked primal like it used to bite dinos back in the day! Some crazy monster fish coming up it looks like.

The goliath tigerfish? Yeah, that thing was freaky.

I really liked the giant freshwater stingray he caught. That thing was HUGE!

I -LOVE- River Monsters. I watch it whenever it's on even if I have already seen the episode. I am a fishing fanatic so this show really peaks my intrests.

I'm an avid fisherman and LOVE this show. I have the entire series on my tivo. I never miss an episode.

I just wish I lived in a region with fish even 1/10th the size he catches. I'm happy with a 25lb catfish or 6lb walleye,hell, even a 4lb brown trout; not even in the same league...

I was blown away by the Queensland grouper he got when fishing for bull sharks. That thing was huge!

I loved this show :)- Jeremy Wade(Aptly titled!) is actually quite a likeable guy too; not an arrogant, pain-in-the-ass like many of the bufoons they usually pluck for these types of shows.

The episode about the 'Candiru asu' was especially fascinating. Had seen clips about the Parasitic Candiru before but the River Monsters Episode regarding this sub species was especially good(and Gruesome!) They can enter by biting and burrowing through Flesh and eat the internal Organs of Humans(as distinct from the Candiru who enters through the bodily cavity aka urinary tract alone); if they are too Drunk/Infirmed to notice it happening!
Cant find the Clip on you tube.
Heres the Transcript of the show:http://www.livedash.com/transcript/river_monsters__the_most_bizarre/4488/APLP/Thursday_May_12_2011/590674/

Last edited:
^ Yeah man that episode was quite upsetting, a catfish that invades your body through your penis is just a wicked idea.

Imagine being drunk and having hundreds of the bastard's drill holes through your flesh and wrangle their way through your body by feasting on your innards -while your still alive- It's an 80's horror, film-director's wet dream!!!

^ Fuckin LOL at that.

It would be like 'Night of the Creeps', but with catfish.

Awesome.

Ha ha Awesomes right! :)

Why do I get so excited about creatures, parisitically feeding on people, that ordinarily shouldn't...? Oh yes! because I grew up in the 80's...

^ Amen brother, I grew up watching all those movies. I used to be babysitted by my aunt who had HBO and my older cousins would be watching all those movies like Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street and the like.

80's movies F T W! Fuck CGI

I'm an avid fisherman and LOVE this show. I have the entire series on my tivo. I never miss an episode.

I just wish I lived in a region with fish even 1/10th the size he catches. I'm happy with a 25lb catfish or 6lb walleye,hell, even a 4lb brown trout; not even in the same league...

You're complaining?

When I was growing up and we used to go fishing near where we lived, we were limited to 2-4 pound catfish, -zero- Walleyes, 2-3 pound Bass, and 1-3lb Trout!

However, we live fairly close to the lower Susquehanna river, near the Conowingo dam, and I've met 2 different divers who's jobs it was to dive near the dam and check on it. They both said that when they got down into the deep water by the dam, they saw catfish almost as big as a human! One guy freaked out and quit his job because of it!

One night, my friends Steve and "Haney"(last name), decided to go eel fishing in the White Clay creek near Haney's house, and they said that all you needed to do was wait until the sun went down, bait your hook, and cast into the fairly narrow creek(17 feet wide there), and into a deep area. So we did that, and almost immediately after it got dark, we began catching eels! These things were big, freaky looking and slimy as hell! They also had nasty teeth, so you had to cut the line instead of pulling the hooks out because they'd bite your finger off! After we caught one apiece, we quit........Of course we released them too.

I've also caught some pretty large Carp in the Octoraro Creek, about 15-30 lbs.