View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

risks in consuming LSD

xannyhead

Bluelighter
What are the risks in consuming LSD, assuming it is actual LSD, and not nbome? Are there any chances of anyone becoming sort of retarded after and LSD experience? Ive heard a story of a friends cousin that became retarded after taking LSD. I dont mean literally retarded, but his thoughts are slower. Is it likely that what he took is actually NBOME, and not LSD?

There are no physical after effects from LSD. This has been proven by rigorous scientific studies as well as the widespread underground use of the drug. The only dangers are mental, and not 'make you retarded', but rather 'freak the fuck out and piss yourself'. Though, I've never pissed myself, just seen it happen to an inexperienced user once :p

He might have taken an NBOMe, they are known to cause lasting negative effects in a wide array of users. I've known a number of people who've claimed their thoughts are slow after NBOMe abuse.

We can't really be certain what your friend took though, so please shy away from directly asking what it was.

I like to keep a quick acting benzo on me when i trip, its my safety blanket ;)
Worse case scenario, pop me a xanax and the trip melts away.

The risks are mainly psychological and spiritual although I'd disagree about there being no physical risks. Seizures have been reported. Still, that is rare and I wouldn't worry about it. It's mainly the psychological and spiritual effects you need to worry about. Do lots of research and if you decide to take it, make sure you do so in a proper set and setting.

Are there any chances of anyone becoming sort of retarded after and LSD experience?
If they are mentally healthy and in a positive mindset, and they take a responsible dose, this is very unlikely, practically unheard of. If they are in poor mental health or a negative mindset, or take too much, then it's riskier.

Ive heard a story of a friends cousin that became retarded after taking LSD. I dont mean literally retarded, but his thoughts are slower. Is it likely that what he took is actually NBOME, and not LSD?
Maybe, maybe not. Nobody will ever know.

there are risks in thinking new thoughts,
thoughts can take you away from where you were (i.e. cause changes) whether you take a drug or not.
feelings can move you whether you take a drug or not
sensations can confuse you whether you take a drug or not.

Take LSD and you will have thoughts and feelings and sensations that may change you