Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP White Oleander

tals86

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Some of you may have known my twin sister, White Oleander. Unfortunately, after a lifetime of fighting her recurring drug addictions, she passed away on Tues night sometime (31/8/10) at 23.

My sister was the most loving and caring person I knew. She had a troubled and sad life, she suffered abuse most of her childhood and was tormented by this in her adult life. She had a history of schizophrenia at the age of 10/11 - long before drugs were involved. She always kept up a bright and happy face, even when she was going through mental anguish and confusion with all her voices etc. She was obese and suffered from low self esteem and I often found myself crying just thinking about how unhappy she seemed sometimes and how I just wanted her to be happy and at peace. She had attempted suicide and notified our family via this website a few years back and it was only due to this website that we were able to get to her in time and save her.

I genuinely believe if she could have stopped her drug addictions forever, she would have given anything to be free from the hold this had on her. From her posts on here, I can see that she didn't want to live the life she was living. Unfortunately she was introduced to drugs very early and would have no doubt struggled with her problem for the rest of her life. (I was an IV user just for a year a few years ago and I know - I see myself as a recovering drug addict for life).
It's such a shock that this has happened when she really seemed to be getting her life on track. It's such a waste. She had been 100% clean for ~12 months now, had started losing weight and lost around 20kg, and she was very focused on her Accounting studies and doing well.

A sudden lapse in judgement and a moment of weakness was all it took and she paid for that mistake with her life.
She had a big exam on Monday that she apparently did very well in, and why the idea came into her head to use now I will never know (we had discussed addiction over the weekend and she said she would never want to use again). She rewarded herself with some drugs on Tuesday, (no autopsy yet but at this stage I think it's safe to say it was either h, or a combo of h with something else). I tried to call her Tuesday 6.30pm and there was no answer but I thought she could be busy. When nobody had heard from her on Wednesday night after her usual tafe classes, alarm bells started ringing as she was very reliable. Our mum went to her apartment and found her overdosed and passed away from the night before. It seems like she passed in her sleep or on the nod, which is at least some comfort.
Sorry this is so long but this was my twin sister and I'm still in total shock - it hasn't hit me yet.

R.I.P. my beautiful sister. I hope you have finally found peace and some happiness. Lara will miss her favourite auntie :( I'm so glad you got to meet her, even if it was only for a couple months.

Didn't know her, but reading your story definitely made my eyes tear...may she rest in peace <3

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that i can take strength from it.

RIP a sad story I remember reading some of her posts seemed like a genuinely good person.

Tals, your story broke my heart, my thoughts and heart go out to you and your loved ones <3

I just caught this now. I'm so sorry for your loss. I vaguely remember talking to her via PM i think about various meds used to treat schizophrenia and the lot and she seemed like a really nice person. So sad to see another person go :(

RIP