• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP knock

I've have been on here for a while now and I'm amazed at how many people have passed away!!.....its really saddening I never spoke to knock but since I joined he seemed part of the furniture very very sad indeed my thoughts go out to his friends and family.

i cant believe this has happened... im not around that much these days but knock was always a person i respected. informative, fun, open and even heartfelt posts .. i dont know the circumstances of the death but i hope he has peace.

sad sad news. my condoleances to his family

MDB

Don't feel in anyway that your idea was way out there. Knocks sister was also a recovering heroin addict, and his nephew was well aware of his BL activities.

Also, while I take on board what sing wie and others are saying I'm with stoney. I know the guys in the U.S are hurting too, but being a former suicide attemptie myself I read SHM's posts the same as he does.

I once made the decision to take my own life because of all the blood sweat and tears and I had poured into my uni degree, only to be denied a phd interview (by a guy I know had told others that I was capable). in the end my grade was the out cone of one of those house of cards time management things. I knew I was capable but I didn't have the stupid piece of paper to let me do what I needed to do ie. go on to do research in my chosen field.

I've oversimplified a lot of stuff necessarily, but I know from personal experience how this shit can play out.

I'm angry and I want answers!

Love and peace again knock <3. I'm the same, id hate my family to find out i post on here, mayeb heyd go through my post history and shit it would be a nightmare for them.

Anyone set up the JG page? If not i'll do it now, and i'll send it on to his family saying 'We are friends of michael from a online forum and were really upset to hear about his passing. He was a really special person, witty and intelligent and he will be missed by all of us. We have raised a bit of money for MS in knocks honour, to show how much he meaned to us. I cant imagine what you're going through we are all so so sorry for your loss

Regards, Constantine'

Or a better message im sure one of you guys could ocme up with. I'l check back in 10 mins t osee if someones made one already :)

That sounds lovely. I don't think anyone has set one up. Please let us know if you do - I'll put some money in on Tuesday though I can only put in a fiver at mo. I think that message is lovelt.
And putting "online friends" is probably more appropriate than saying Bluelight.

You're right if he didn't want his family to know he was on here when he was alive then it's fair to respect his wishes now that he is no longer with us. I only asked as I really didnt want to put my foot in it.

I sent a PM to swamp n wondered if there could be a way of having a card made with our names put on as online friends but not sure if that's possible???

MDB you're right things are not simple. I just think that a RIP thread is not enough n we should do more somehow :(

One good thing to come out of this (if it could be called that) is that we're all pulling together thinking of different ideas n stuff.

I cant attend the funeral, but i would like to do something, is there any consensus that getting a wreath of flowers sent 'from his online friends' would be the very least we could do ? I think we should honour him and pay our respects in some other way than just posting on here, as many people who might have wanted to attend the funeral might not be able to make it?

I could arrange for this to happen, find an interflora type store in the area, and they would know how to handle this in the best way. If anyone else wants to chip in, please let me know in this thread or by PM. Or if mods want to take charge of that, thats fine. I have the time to do this.

I would love to donate so someone PM me when shit gets on the road, please.

MDB

Don't feel in anyway that your idea was way out there. Knocks sister was also a recovering heroin addict, and his nephew was well aware of his BL activities.

Also, while I take on board what sing wie and others are saying I'm with stoney. I know the guys in the U.S are hurting too, but being a former suicide attemptie myself I read SHM's posts the same as he does.

I once made the decision to take my own life because of all the blood sweat and tears and I had poured into my uni degree, only to be denied a phd interview (by a guy I know had told others that I was capable). in the end my grade was the out cone of one of those house of cards time management things. I knew I was capable but I didn't have the stupid piece of paper to let me do what I needed to do ie. go on to do research in my chosen field.

I've oversimplified a lot of stuff necessarily, but I know from personal experience how this shit can play out.

I'm angry and I want answers!

Thats sound it runs in his family but thats how most of ours are. And yeah, even tho 98% of us US'ers probaly havent met him we still care about him and notice that his posts are one of a kind <3 Knock

That sounds lovely. I don't think anyone has set one up. Please let us know if you do - I'll put some money in on Tuesday though I can only put in a fiver at mo. I think that message is lovelt.
And putting "online friends" is probably more appropriate than saying Bluelight.

You're right if he didn't want his family to know he was on here when he was alive then it's fair to respect his wishes now that he is no longer with us. I only asked as I really didnt want to put my foot in it.

I sent a PM to swamp n wondered if there could be a way of having a card made with our names put on as online friends but not sure if that's possible???

MDB you're right things are not simple. I just think that a RIP thread is not enough n we should do more somehow :(

One good thing to come out of this (if it could be called that) is that we're all pulling together thinking of different ideas n stuff.

I to dont get paid till tuesday and all i got is a tener but im willing to put it in there.

We should make it go black for a day IMO. Rest easy Michael <3

Edit: someone PM me when you guys get the word on donations please and thanks.

Man this is driving me mad, put in all idfo thats needed and get the message

'Please have another look at the fields highlighted below

Please choose the person you’re remembering.'

Eve tried putting fake info for the whole thing, but still get that error mesage, not sure why as i've fillled every fucking thing out on the page.

Right i was being a fucking retard for the last few hours.

Page is up - http://www.justgiving.com/MrMichael

Anyone got a better idea for the page title, let me know

And i need to update me 'story', if anyone wants to write a short paragraph about why we're doing this it will be appreciated and i will put it on there.

Raising money for the MS society.

I'll kick it off with £20 for you Mr Knockando

I paid with paypal and they tacked on an extra £5 GiftAid :), could a mod edit the title of this thread tp include the link, and poost it in any other threads if there are knock threads.

Again the link is

https://www.justgiving.com/MrMichael

If anyone has any pictures of knock at any meet ups or owt, please post so I can update the gallery, and if anyone wants to write a paragraph about why for the 'story' bit on the page, please do and PM me it and il update it all in the morning. Night guys x

Kronos you're a very sweet, kind n thoughtful person to do that do you know that?! xxxx

Its just so when i run off with the money i can be far enough away before people realize and start looking ;)

Does this mean you've forgiven me for t'other day? =D xx

Its just so when i run off with the money i can be far enough away before people realize and start looking ;)

Does this mean you've forgiven me for t'other day? =D xx

Lol you've not done anything to me for me to forgive, have you????
I've sent you an E-mail (or PM as they call it in BL) xxxx

Thank you for setting that up Kronos. Donated a 20...didn't realize the USD was so feeble against the pound! Anyways, thanks

Cheers for that. Will chuck some money in when I get paid tomorrow.

Awh those messages left for Knock are so incredibly loving n thoughtful I had tears in my eyes reading them. Tuesday can't come fast enough so I can donate I get my child benefit then. Shows how loved n appreciated he was.
We've lost someone so unique n special in this world but I think we're all honoured to have known him whether online or in real life. I'll never forget the help he gave me n as I've said before I only wished that I could somehow repay him xxxx

Oh Knock, why did you have to go so soon???? :(

Brilliant job puttin the page up guys <3
I will add to it Wed...
.. Fuuuuck it's still so surreal

Niceone Kronos...Just added some to your scam giving page, you ain't doing me out of 20 notes for your hols though ;)

Love to Knock <3

This is one of the reasons I don't post or visit here much any more :(

So sad to hear the terrible news. And agreed Kronos that's a great thing you've done.

Right i was being a fucking retard for the last few hours.

Page is up - http://www.justgiving.com/MrMichael

Anyone got a better idea for the page title, let me know

And i need to update me 'story', if anyone wants to write a short paragraph about why we're doing this it will be appreciated and i will put it on there.

Raising money for the MS society.

I'll kick it off with £20 for you Mr Knockando

Thank you for doing this Kronos. I would have set up a page myself but I wanted to make sure this community was agreed on the MS Society before pushing it. Seems like you all came to a consensus on it though which is great. I believe it's the right choice and I'm really pleased looking through the donations to see not just £'s, but $s and Es, something very rare for fundraisers which aren't for celebs or what not. Also really nice to see that the 'target' has been smashed in a couple of hours, especially when this forum isn't well known for it's array of well-off members. Both of those things show how well respected and a vital member of this community Knock was.

I'll stick in some pennies when I get home but everyone who's donated or does in the near future give yourselves a big pat on the back. Would suggest though that this isn't the final thing for Knock - if you would all take a little of him and be less bitchy, less judging, more open to discussion and debate and respecting the views of others, regardless of how Brimzy it comes across, then he lives on in all of you.

Nice one Kronos with the just giving page. Anyone else want to contribute towards some flowers for the funeral ?

I will be donating $15 Tuesday morning. I only talked to him once in here but he was the one to finally get me full site on my phone and it was a big help. I've never read anything negative about Knock. Sounds like a solid guy in my book. R.I.P. Knock