Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP 2c-bouyant/thouarthat/thou

Senior Moderator

Bluelight Bot
Staff member
It has come to our attention that our beloved 2c-bouyant / thouarthat has passed.

He was found unresponsive by his mother on 25th December 2022.

For those who remember him, he was one of the sweetest, most gentle souls on the planet. Back in the day when he was most active on Bluelight he had his moments of being a right ragamuffin, but he had a heart of pure gold, always meant well and was truly altruistic in every sense.

Although he hasn't been active on the forum for many years, older Bluelighters here will remember him and I'm sure will have some fond and fun memories of him. He was quirky, a true philosopher, and one of the greatest wordsmiths I've ever known.

Off the forum, there are a group of us older Bluelighters who have a group chat in which 2c-bouyant was a very active participant. He viewed us as his family. We are completely devastated and heartbroken at this loss. We are thinking of holding a memorial video chat in his honour, to share stories and to cry and laugh together in his memory. This will probably take place on a discord channel. If anyone is interested in getting the link, please PM this account and I will share it with you and let you know the date and time we will be meeting.

Whilst he had his troubles, his death is NOT being viewed as intentional, but an unfortunate accident.

Rest in peace sweet sweet man, you will never be forgotten <3 <3 <3

Oh Jesus baby. This is a beautiful tribute and so beautifully said and deserved of him. God this one is really hurting. I miss him forever. He literally probably saved my life at one point. Rest In Peace Scotty 🖤

hLAqlVa.png

You did good, honeymoo, really good. Our buddy Scott would have been blushing. As one of the members of the group chat, and one of 2cb's friends, my heart feels like it's been stomped on. We shared so many memorable chats and phone conversations, and now his many audio messages to me will be forever cherished. We were planning to finally meet mid 2023 when Noodle and I head back stateside, and my heart is breaking that I will never get to hug my friend in real life. He was an incredible and incredibly complex human, a real onion. He genuinely shared in the joy that my kids bring, he truly cared about us. I haven't cried this hard since we lost Jilly and Tim.

One of our favourite things to do was to send each other recordings of reading our favourite poems, this was one we both loved, and it seems fitting to post it here, in honour of a person I was proud to call friend

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Goodbye, Jack Sparrow 😢

Hopefully you've found peace, Scott. I feel great sadness for his mother, what a tragic moment that will be with her every Christmas. Take care of yourselves.

I didn't know him much on the forum, but kept up with him on Facebook and will miss his posts. Seemed like a really good guy. RIP ❤️❤️ So sorry to hear this.

Neither of us were really much on the website anymore, but we developed a warm friendship in the last couple years, and we were both in the group chat (although I habitually mute it due to work).

We weren't always on the same wavelength, but I knew that any discrepancies to that effect were the result of his struggles, not his emotional heart and sweet demeanor.

Scott, I'm sorry we never met in person. You were a good guy. We both struggled with sobriety at the same time, and while your struggles eclipsed mine, I really valued your advice and thoughts, and I got better partially thanks to your kind words. I'm sorry I couldn't return the favor, as it seems.

There's not enough nice guys in this world. You're gonna be missed, Scott.

Scotty was one of my first real good friends I made as a noob in 2004.

We trolled around the lounge having a fucking good old time. He was friendly and fun, liked a chat.

He told me what he did to end up on Bluelight's SHIT LIST. It was the right thing to do and the wrong people took umbrage, but regardless it didn't matter as we kept in contact off the board for about 18 years.

I dont associate him with BL anymore but do recall great times here and without BL I would have not met many great friends.

Most of them are now either deceased or moved on in life.

One of the last things I said to him was "This is the thing that is going to kill you, you know", referring to his ongoing battle with alcohol. He didn't have people physically stopping him from drinking, I think. He needed that, but adults need to make these decisions on their own. I received a few "angry" smilies and a gruff response but hey, when something got to be said then a friend has to say it.

I guess it waa just his time. Death comes for us all, not at our or our friends convenience, just when its time to go.

Goodbye Scott, Tim, Jillian, Jim, Brandon, Papa, Gilly, all the folk who passed away.

^ my condolences, to all his friends.😞❤️

Think he sent me a friend request on SM but I don't engage on it & haven't downloaded messenger. Felt bad att because I liked the guy but just not a believer, in SM as a source of ultimate connection, nor the internet, for that matter.

Sad to hear he passed. Such an interesting person. Pity he left so soon, didn't know him but always liked to see his posts. Godspeed 💜

I hope you've found peace wherever you are now... You were a kind and gentle presence back in the day 💓

Rest in peace.

'You and I are all as much continuous with the physical universe as a wave is continuous with the ocean.'-Alan Watts

Last edited:
RIP, thou.

We used to be close in the Words sub back in the day.
Good writer. Interesting soul.

<3

Needless to say, I was sad to hear about this.
I've lost so many old BL friends recently it seems.

Rest in Peace, buddy.
-ForEverAfter

Last edited:
I think of you often my friend. I miss you. I hope you have found the peace and rest that your soul was aching for, for so long. You were one of the special ones.

I'm not sure how many people believe in this, but I believe that Scott visited me and my son, about a month ago. He loved my son from afar and dearly wished to come and meet him in person one day. I believe that he came to visit us so that he could meet my son. He made my son laugh <3

Oh Jesus baby. This is a beautiful tribute and so beautifully said and deserved of him. God this one is really hurting. I miss him forever. He literally probably saved my life at one point. Rest In Peace Scotty 🖤
Thank you. That was beautiful. My condolences. ❤️‍🔥💕🧡