*Review* Field Day 2003 100+ DJs 2 days! AUG 15-16 | Outside Akron, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweeeeeet! I can get us a nice roomey 5-6 person tent, or one of those small 2 people personal tents. Which one would you like? I like the big person tent, gives ya room to romp and play ;)
RAWR

your choice! how much time would we really spend in there anyway?

So, am I missing something (as is usually the case)? Or, do we still not have definitive word on location? Is it Kent? I mean, I know Ohio has a reputation as a black hole, but it's still got a lotta space to hide something like this (even as big as it is) - and I could see myself going nuts looking for it.

As the thread states it is in NE Ohio. Remember it is still two months away, There is still plenty of time to release the location.

oh btw more names have been added.

Last edited:
last year i fear i came late because the feds were being dumb, had the entrance blocked for at least an hour, then had the music turned down... and that bldg. that ended up being the only stage for most of the night was too hot to dance in and had terrible sound. i had a better time hanging out with people then enjoying the music. don't get me wrong. i don't want to be pessimistic. i had a good time, and it was free so i can't complain it was a waste....
i just want consolance that it'll be better this year or maybe somewhere else where we can party louder?

Dj Meghan is THE SHIT!Me and other friends ofmine that are from Dayton went to Clevland for Electronic Sensation just to catch her in the act.Count me in.Hey Meghan hit me up @ [email protected] so we can see about bringin you to the Dirty D.

nightstar444 said:
last year i fear i came late because the feds were being dumb, had the entrance blocked for at least an hour, then had the music turned down... and that bldg. that ended up being the only stage for most of the night was too hot to dance in and had terrible sound. i had a better time hanging out with people then enjoying the music. don't get me wrong. i don't want to be pessimistic. i had a good time, and it was free so i can't complain it was a waste....
i just want consolance that it'll be better this year or maybe somewhere else where we can party louder?

Yes the problems we had last year will be sorted out this year. Last year the event started out as a one stage cook-out for some friends and cascaded into a full blown party with multiple stages. I made around 400 paper flyers for last years event and recieved an attendance of over 3 times that! After last year I realized just what we had going here and what a great oppurtunity we had to bring people from all over the midwest together. This year will dwarf any event most of you have ever attended. We have some of the best talent in the midwest coming here to play for you at no charge. We have some of the oldest and well established crews coming together and taking money out of thier pockets to throw an event which will astound. So to answer your question, yes this year will be different. But to be honest I myself still dont know what to expect. In no recent time can I remember this much awesome talent, in one place, playing for free. So yeah I think its def worth your time to come this year and peep it out.

Three D said:
I mean, come on... how often do you hear the words "free", "2 day outdoor event", and "70+ Dj's" in the same sentence??? [/B]

no joke

not even dieselboy himself could tear me away.....
and that's saying alot =D

Due to unexpected events there will now be a $5 admission fee to this event. I hope this does not discourage anyone from coming. I know of no events that offer this much for so little. Once again I apologize. Preflyers are out now.

yay :) 5 bucks isnt bad at all. in fact, you guys deserve a little moolah for all the talent that'll be there. just hurry and tell us where!!! i wanna know :) i'm for sure planning on this... i already called off work.

When the final lineups actuall get released, I think everyone will be pleasantly suprised.

im excited to come back home for the weekend and play at this event...looks like a great lineup and w/ DB as well? for only $5? awesome! i would expect quite a turnout...

Status
Not open for further replies.