• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest In Peace Bill (thanks to all bluelighters for their support)

The origin of the Disco Superfly:
Let me start by saying how touching it is to ready the wonderful thoughts posted here to date.
I have been lucky to know King Billy snce the mid 90's and have heard stories of the legend dating back into the mid 80's.
The eastiest way to explain / quatify the life of Bill prior to 2000, was to realise that there was nothing that I know of that he did not excel at if he was invloved. School captain, dux, international athlete, coding gurushwami, genuine good bloke.
In my mind all of these achievements are outweighed by the amazing friends he made. It was through his relationships with us all that Bill achieved his greatest feat.
The Disco Super Fly (DSF) was born in 1999 in the shadowy gallows of the orginal Saratoga, completed by the infamous clear lensed, black rimmed dancing goggles. (incidently these were rumoured to have been discarded due to a continous fogging problem related to the impact his outrageous dance moves had on his bodies temperature regulating devices!). This is how the Bill that you all knew and loved entered this new world.
He rapidly became entranced by the dance culture, finally finding a place for "weekday Bill" to achieve undisputable excellence in the social world you all helped him create.
Form this point on, you (collectively) can all end the story. "The Bill we knew partied like a rockstar" (RT 2002). Each time from here on in that I floated into Bills life, I was amazed at the how successful you were all truely making him.
I am sure if there was one word Bill could say now it would be:
Thankyou.
Renolt

I first heard of this story on the news, it is sad to believe that such a thing could happen. I never met Bill but I feel his face is familiar, perhaps one of the many people we pass at those crowded parties. I take some joy in the believe that at least he spent his lastnight doing something he enjoyed.
My condelences to his family and freinds.

many fond memories, you always had a smile and a warm welcome for Michelle and I. Will miss you

thanks bill,
you always made me smile.
l didn't know you, but l loved to watch you dance.
you were an inspiration.
thanks
kev. the friend you never met?

We will miss your hilarious wit and your ever-dancing feet Bill!
Sincerest sympathies to those closest to him.
Rest in PLUR buddy.
(I imagine that being that close to the stars, the full-moon parties would be crayzee :) )

I remember the last time i saw Bill was on Brunswick St - A saturday morning, he was on a search for a bowl of chicken soup and a sunchair -
"May your bowl always be full and may the sun shine on you forever" :)
Thanks for the memories and kind words.
Rest In Peace

I don't usually post on here, but these are exceptional circumstances.
I had the amazing pleasure of knowing Bill for the last 3 years. I had grown apart from him due to various reasons, but he will never be forgotten as that happy, smiling face that could make your sh*t night, in to the best night ever.
My first sunnyside was with Bill, Jen and Nikki and it was one of the greatest nights ever. Not because of the music. But because of the love. His entertainment value was simply priceless.
Pleonastic, I was there also that day at Bill's house last year for brunswick st festival. It was probably the closes I ever came to him. His wit and intelligence were limitless and he will be sadly missed.
But don't worry Bill, I am sure you will have a great time wherever you are. Just keep that big ol' smile shining and you'll be fine.
I'll miss you mate. RIP.
Ben

I had the amazing pleasure of knowing Bill for the last 3 years. I had grown apart from him due to various reasons, but he will never be forgotten as that happy, smiling face that could make your sh*t night, in to the best night ever.
My first sunnyside was with Bill, Jen and Nikki and it was one of the greatest nights ever. Not because of the music. But because of the love. His entertainment value was simply priceless.
Pleonastic, I was there also that day at Bill's house last year for brunswick st festival. It was probably the closes I ever came to him. His wit and intelligence were limitless and he will be sadly missed.
But don't worry Bill, I am sure you will have a great time wherever you are. Just keep that big ol' smile shining and you'll be fine.
I'll miss you mate. RIP.
Ben

I'll miss you mate. RIP.
Ben

Bill, I never met you but I wish I had. You've made an impact on so many people's lives. I hope you are happy wherever you are and are still partying on and inspiring people :)
Stay happy people.

Thanks Bill for the enrichment you gave to me and to do others. Thank you for your amazing mind, constantly challenging. Thank you for your generousity of spirit, and your will to always have a laugh. Even if it did mean locking the car windows many a time, so I would not get embarrased that the people in the street could hear you ;)
Thanks for your will to have a good time - my my did we ever have some great times, some amazing times. I can remember us sitting on a blanket, eating and talking and saying 'I wonder what everyone else is doing this Sunday morning, problably waking up from a boring night sleep with someone they don't want to be with, in a situation that they don't want to be in, whilst US, we are sitting here in all this beauty having the time of our lives'.
Thanks Bill for the place to stay for 6 months. Whilst I had met you quite a time ago, it was really during that period that our friendship and trust grew, even if it did wane a little toward the end as I moved out and Chris and Ange because your new housemates. It was always hard to stand in your shadow (well.. ahaha not literally), your mind and lust for live always so overpowering. Sometimes during the last couple of years I got a glimpse of how deep that mind of yours goes and I could really only feel a sense of awe.
Thanks again Bill, I don't think the world will be much the same without you. I sit here thinking to myself "Well Bill, you really did have such a full life, living it so exhaustivly to such extremes. 'Kicking goals' as you would say, a great career with a job you obviously loved, and a great social life which you loved and loved you back"
Thanks again Bill, perhaps when once you were talking of your plans for evolving past what is human, they weren't such flights of fancy after all, and somewhere a great spirit called Bill is having a great big chuckle that we are all stuck here :)

All,
There will be a "celebration of Bill's life" service held on Wednesday (April 3) at 10:30am at the Chapel of Geelong Grammer School Corio. Come casual - thats how Bill would have wanted it.
There are also tributes in the obituaries of todays age.

oh god. oh my god.
how surreal this is... to be reading this from singapore. i was only away for a wk and a half. i'll be back on saturday.
how can this be?
pikachu is angry. she is very angry.

I heard about ~Bill this arfternoon from Fylar. I never met him, but from his posts and stories I've heard, I can tell that he'll be greatly missed. I think I can speak for all the Perth Bluelighters in saying how sorry we are for his loss, but that the world is a better place because of him.
To his friends: Remember him and treasure your memories.

We are sometimes fortunate enough to cross paths with extraordinary souls.
My respect to you Bill for all the inspiration, joy, laughter and kindness you have given people.
Rest in Peace

I'm in the midst of those who have never met Bill.
Empathy isn't sympathy though, but it is a start for finding something to say.
I don't think I have the right to offer words of solice, but I do think someone like Bill, who can affect and be spoken of so well by so many people, deserves, at the very least, a mention.
Your soul lives forever on dude.

Just one question, did Bill go to Bass Station often? he looks so familiar, but i may be wrong.
I never met Bill, but holding back the tears was impossible as i read through each comment...
Just look at it this way guys, he is looking down on us all and im sure we are making him proud.
So the next time your our at a rave etc...
Dance your ass off! Do it like Bill would have!
And most of all, do it for Bill....
cause he will be there with you.
He'll be dancing with you... i believe in that.
RIP Bill... :(

Mort,
Some of us are concerned about turning up to the Celebration of Bills Life in casual clothes, will his family treat this as a sign of disrespect? I know that Bill would have wanted it this way but we don't want to upset people further.
Kandeman