• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Research alcohols, carbamates and antique sedatives

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diacetone_alcohol

Although it's not worthwhile now because much more superior options are on the table.

These were archaic designs.

best I can find is that N-ethylurethane disrupts embryonic development

diacetone alcohol smells awful btw I don't want to be the first to drink it

Although it's not worthwhile now because much more superior options are on the table.
yeah, like, diethylbarbituric acid (Veronal) or maybe chloral hydrate? potassium bromide?

There's an alcohol called Wormin (1-Bromo-2-naphthol) [573-97-7].
Also another alcohol called Meparfynol (3-Methylpent-1-yn-3-ol) [77-75-8].

I'm not know on the laws but theoretically to spike someones drink.
The carbamate is called Anansiol (Calminol).

I thought Phenbarbital is much superiot to Veronal, although only Primidone is for sale openly online.

Bason [2028-52-6].

Last edited:
Paraldehyde? you must be shitting me. No thanks. It stinks, both literally and metaphorically.

Is it still used? I suppose its a better option than a grand mal tonic-clonic. But not by much. Eats plastic too (not that that trait in particular marks it out as a shitty drug, but the thought of the smell of the stuff makes my insides cringe.)

Just think of it as half way between a revolting hangover and slug pellets (metaldehyde is the tetramer of acetaldehyde) and you won't go far wrong.
My stomach still turns at the thought of the smell of formaldehyde-pickled crawfish in high-school science class, and that was over 13 years ago. Some of us are naturally sensitive to aldehydes (one sign is thinking cilantro tastes like soap.)

Has anybody heard of Pentanol as a mistyping of Fentanyl?

Diethylketone has uses for making Tapentadol.

Has anybody heard of Pentanol as a mistyping of Fentanyl?
Sounds like how Vick's inhaler uses "Metamfetamine". Which is on the label, but a Google search doesn't even take that spelling with "Vick's inhaler" added in any of the top results. Which is ironic.

I've always wanted to try 1-propanol and 1-amyl alcohol. Reportedly, they are shorter acting and less hangover prone than ethyl alcohol. Depressants, while they can be fun, are just not really my thing. I get reckless.

Combining 1,4-butanediol with clonazolam was something that I once did which I never wish to repeat.

Long time ago, during the MXE era, some RC alcohols were briefly available. I'd acquired 2-methyl-2-butanol and another one I forgot. The 2M2B tasted minty with a slight chemical hint as far as I remember, it would take some experimenting but would say you could make tasteful cocktails with it. I titrated slowly and was just a little bottle so didn't catch a full drunk experience but it was certainly active and pretty alcohol like. As it is much more potent than ethanol, it would be interesting if this also means the liver gets much less load.. of course being such potent, it's easy to overdose and without tolerance the equivalent of 2-3 bottles of vodka aren't exactly healthy..

Certainly interesting cause I as I am forced to abstain from illicit drugs and turned to alcohol from time to time, a legal, more potent replacement would be nice.

@Synaps3 Tried to read your paper but it says that it isn't available to the public :(

I know that there is an alcohol called Bisethanol (or Diethanol), chemical name 2,3-Dihydroxybutane.

This is made naturally from the fermentation of molasses but is also available to buy.

@Synaps3 Tried to read your paper but it says that it isn't available to the public

This is made naturally from the fermentation of molasses but is also available to buy.

it's also inactive. The only "drug type" butanediol is the 1,4 isomer. The others: 1,3-butanediol, 1,2-butanediol, and 2,3-butanediol are all inactive

Years ago I started ordering methocarbamol online and using it in high doses (over 4 grams per dose) as a sedative/muscle relaxer. I really liked the action of it although the half life is short. It is very calming and relaxing and it also has this effect where it makes your face and tongue go numb like you did some coke or something.

Anway, methocarbamol is the carbamate of the drug guaifenesin.

Another drug mephenesin is the 2-methyl analog of guaifenesin (which is 2-methoxy) and mephenesin is a sedative/muscle relaxer.

So I found out that if you take 4500mg of guaifenesin it TASTES like methocarbamol, FEELS like methocarbamol, and EVEN NUMBS YOUR FACE like methocarbamol so I could see using some of these alcohols that are the base of a known carbamate drug like I do with guaifenesin as someone suggested above.

What do you guys think about 2-phenylethanol? The base alcohol for phenprobamate?

I thought acetylaldehyde was the active drug that alcohol metabolized too

Ethanol metabolizes to acetaldehyde, but ethanol itself is the primary active substance, acetaldehyde is the toxic metabolite responsible for most of alcohol's toxicity.

Years ago I started ordering methocarbamol online and using it in high doses (over 4 grams per dose) as a sedative/muscle relaxer. I really liked the action of it although the half life is short. It is very calming and relaxing and it also has this effect where it makes your face and tongue go numb like you did some coke or something.

Another drug mephenesin is the 2-methyl analog of guaifenesin (which is 2-methoxy) and mephenesin is a sedative/muscle relaxer.

So I found out that if you take 4500mg of guaifenesin it TASTES like methocarbamol, FEELS like methocarbamol, and EVEN NUMBS YOUR FACE like methocarbamol so I could see using some of these alcohols that are the base of a known carbamate drug like I do with guaifenesin as someone suggested above.

What do you guys think about 2-phenylethanol? The base alcohol for phenprobamate?

You can get high from guaifenesin? Does it make you throw up or anything? Seems sketchy, but maybe that's just my perception due to always telling people not to take DXM products with guaifenesin in them.

Huh... the wiki on it is interesting. It lists it as having muscle relaxant properties and is routinely used in large animal veterinary surgery. It also lists both diarrhea and constipation as side effects

Mephenesin is otc in France , tried to get high with it and kept falling over , turns your muscles into complete jelly. So yes not a experience worth repeating.

You can get high from guaifenesin? Does it make you throw up or anything? Seems sketchy, but maybe that's just my perception due to always telling people not to take DXM products with guaifenesin in them.

Huh... the wiki on it is interesting. It lists it as having muscle relaxant properties and is routinely used in large animal veterinary surgery. It also lists both diarrhea and constipation as side effects
I definitely recommend people to avoid guaifenesin with DXM for multiple reasons. The top reason is that the COMBINATION causes wicked nausea, but also it really changes the character of the trip and makes me feel sick.

It really does change the visuals, too. This happened to me the last time i did DXM and it was exactly like the one time when I took a few grams of methocarbamol mixed with 3-meo-pcp. I puked that time too and the visuals were BIZARRE! I was completely dissociated and puking. No clue what was going on.

Did you notice that one of the mechanisms of action suggested on the guaifenesin wiki article was NMDA receptor antagonism on top of whatever MOA causes the alcohol-like sedation and muscle relaxation.

Guaifenesin by itself has never made me sick and like I said I usually eat 4.5 grams of it at a time.
It feels great and is cheap/legal. The only downside is the short duration. It doesn't last more than a couple of hours with instant release guaifenesin.

Anyone here know if the carbamate on Soma is actually needed for activity or can one ingest 2-Methyl-2-propyl-1,3-propanediol and expect the same effects?

According to wikipedia it is active without the carbamate substitutions. 2,2-diethyl-1,3-propanediol is listed as active on wikipedia as well and used to be a precsription drug called Prenderol that was used for certain types of seizures and various other indications.

All I can find is 2,2-dimethyl-1,3-propanediol aka neopentyl glycol. I can't find any info about if that one is active though. Not one single scrap of evidence that it was ever even trialed.

According to wikipedia it is active without the carbamate substitutions. 2,2-diethyl-1,3-propanediol is listed as active on wikipedia as well and used to be a precsription drug called Prenderol that was used for certain types of seizures and various other indications.

All I can find is 2,2-dimethyl-1,3-propanediol aka neopentyl glycol. I can't find any info about if that one is active though. Not one single scrap of evidence that it was ever even trialed.
Prenderol might work, but I don't think it will be very potent and will probably be VERY short acting. That's why they always used the dicarbamates of the diols whereas you can find some tertiary mono-alcohols that were used on their own back in the day (such as methylpentynol and 2m2b). The diols have to be dicarbamated in order to prevent super rapid oxidation of each carbon next to the OH.

Furthermore, I did try 2-methyl-2-propyl-1,3-propanediol and noticed this exact problem - super short - super weak - smells like sperm - not worth it at all. I talked a little more about it in my other thread "review of my favorite gabaergics". I just called it propanediol in there cause the name is too long.
You mean 3-phenyl-1-propanol. AKA Saturated Cinnamyl alcohol. I bought that a while back when I was researching these. It's not consumable due to its EXTREME SMELL. It would be like drinking some pure essential oil. It doesn't even seem to have the properties of an alcohol; it's like an oil.