Report security warnings here

User unable to make a report
Site: pillreports.com
Transaction: Uw1SdFURUoUAADlITDcAAAAv
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 03:33:24 +0100

Guys this is causing us too many problems - new users unable to make reports is not a glitch its a serious problem!

Transaction: Uw143lURUoUAAFrbhWIAAAAv
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 06:17:20 +0100

This is the same as new users to this site being unable to make a comment,

Transaction: Uw143lURUoUAAFrbhWIAAAAv
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 06:17:20 +0100

Same code being repeated and repeated - people are going through the process of making a report (which can take a long time) they hit the submit button and get this! We dont have the option of save/submit later so people will just give up.

PM related problem

Site: bluelight.org
Transaction: Uw5xg1URUoUAABQylFcAAAAG
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 23:58:11 +0100

user editing profile

Transaction: Uw@LkFURUoUAAGmernUAAAAa
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 20:01:36 +0100

alasdair

reporting a post

Transaction: UxDVD1URUoUAAHWzSu0AAAAY
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:27:27 +0100

alasdair

changing a users title in ACP

Transaction: UxJWkFURUoUAACDQm40AAAAT
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 22:52:16 +0100

Cannot pm, cannot click ppl's "blog entries" links... :(

I get an error screen when trying to PM (w/ an error code, unsure if I should post that in open-board though?), and just realized that if I click the # under a user's avatar (indicating link to their blog entries), I get "you don't have permission" page error too.

I'm using firefox w/ adblock plus and noscript, but have noscript allowing the entirety of bluelight to do what it wants.. I was able to pm pretty recently on this same computer/browser setup too :/

what is the error when you try to pm? i can't imagine why you'd be nervous about getting help publicly but pm it to me if you're paranoid.

alasdair

acp again - getting a list of all users in a usergroup:

Transaction: UxZopFURUoUAAEMDfHoAAAAA
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 00:58:28 +0100

alasdair

I was nervous because I've no idea if the 'transaction#' in it includes something identifiable like IP...guess that's just a conditioned response, am pretty indifferent whether my IP broadcasts or not lol. Message was:

Transaction: UxU1CVURUoUAAF6Z5GcAAAAK
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 03:06:01 +0100

Re. Clicking on someone's 'Blog Entries' #, well... I just clicked on your #2, and it let me see yours. I clicked on Ebola?'s this afternoon and got error message:
bmxxx, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

trying to update a phrase in acp

Transaction: UxaKHVURUoUAAF81qpsAAABG
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 03:21:17 +0100

alasdair

Does any of these have colons or semi-colons in the content, part of suto msg or whatever????
Did you check my suggestion with the PMs? Eg when you unapprove a post, is there anything that you have to fill in which may include colons/semi-colons?
Maybe with these other things, there may be some things such as colons which the extra security doesn't like?
I could be way off with this but maybe look through the content n try n omit stuff that may interfere with the security n re-send?

That's how I found out the colons were preventing me from sending a PM off because when I omitted them, the PM send n I spent a whole day trying to find out why it would not send.

Evey

Tried once again to update the front page and got this:

Security Error

The web firewall at bluelight.org has blocked your request for security reasons. Please try again in a few minutes.
Should the problem persist, and you need to contact support, please copy the following information:

Transaction: Uxia@FURUoUAAB0Qc5UAAAAc
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 16:57:45 +0100

Please consider that 99% of the stuff that I write in forums I do not moderate are almost completely in jest; if this is not obvious to readers, they may believe me deranged. But I do not troll the forums I moderate, nor would I troll the front page.

^ there's no suggestion that you are trolling - not sure where that came from?

what's happening is the firewall is now checking for suspicious commands that can be used to hijack a system. it inspects all traffic for suspicious payloads. unfortunately, some perfectly normal post messages, ban reasons, user names, forum signatures, etc. contain strings which look suspicious to the scanner. in those cases, we can prevent the scanner from firing on it. we look up the transaction code in the error log, and then add an exception. this has to be done only once for every function; the scanner remembers. but once in a while, somebody hits up a new function for which no exception exists (yet).

so, it might be a perfectly normal phrase or combination of terms in a post which triggers it; if that phrase unfortunately turns out to be part of a set of common system commands.

alasdair

I was a little paranoid this morning. Like, more than usual. I see now that the firewall wasn't set up to vet me personally.

I was a little paranoid this morning. Like, more than usual. I see now that the firewall wasn't set up to vet me personally.

Lol don't be paranoid. Happened to me when I tried sending in an application to be a mod. I sent it all nice n neat with colans between the questions n answers like a CV but it kept saying error. After a day or so of trying to edit it I took the colans out n put dashes n it sent no problem. So it's as Alasdairm said looking for different strings n what-not which may appear as a threat.
So if it keeps happening look at the content n try edit/omit stuff n see if it works.
Anyway you wouldn't be a mod if people thought you were a troll lol.

I just started getting this error today, well technically yesterday but yeah it's annoying. I could post a report but I couldn't edit it, or anyone else for that matter either.

Code:
Security Error

The web firewall at pillreports.com has blocked your request for security reasons. Please try again in a few minutes.
Should the problem persist, and you need to contact support, please copy the following information:

Transaction: Uxrg7lURUoUAAAUte@gAAAAM
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 10:20:47 +0100

Trying to get an edit saved on a post. it appears <3 is not allowed next to Penguins :(.

Transaction: UxxLmlURUoUAAA1gs3AAAAAk

I can't check the posts I've started since green lighter status - I get this message: Site: bluelight.org
Transaction: Ux1uqlURUoUAAHg-cA0AAAAY
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 08:50:02 +0100