• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Report: Rick Perry used painkillers to help him get through debates

Bluelight Crew
Texas Gov. Rick Perry was under the influence of painkillers during televised presidential debates over the last year to help relieve severe back pain, according to a soon-to-be released eBook on the 2012 Republican race for president obtained by The Daily Caller.

“It became an open secret that he was using painkillers in sufficient dosages to keep him standing through the two-hour debates,” write the authors of “Inside the Circus.”

A source provided TheDC with an advance copy of the eBook, authored by Mike Allen and Evan Thomas. The book comes out Tuesday.

The authors imply that the painkillers may have led to a humorous incident before an October debate in New Hampshire when the “manager of a rival campaign” overheard Perry belting out the song “I’ve Been Working on the Railroad” while in the bathroom.

“Wondering who was making all the noise, the campaign manager turned his head and saw, to his surprise, the governor of Texas,” the book states. “Perry came down the row of about twenty urinals and stood companionably close by.

Allen and Thomas continue: “Nonplussed, the campaign manager made a hasty exit; as the bathroom door closed, he could hear Perry still merrily singing away: “I-I-I’ve been working on the ra-a-i-i-l-road, all-l-l the live-long day . . .”

Perry’s weak debate performances are an enduring memory of his short run for president.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/02/r...o-help-him-get-through-debates/#ixzz1r0uuALtL

This made me giggle, I'd love to hangout with that redneck goof; to bad his policies suck.

whats so special about this.. is it news to ppl that politcians are taking drugs whether prescription or not

^Yea i know if i was running for leader of the USA, i would definitely be looking for something to increase my performance.

and also there was one politicians that was taking insane amounts of oxy and at the dose he was taking it he had to be getting it illegally even if it was from a doctor cuz if it was a single one than he shoulda lost hit shit and the politician should be in the same trouble as any of us, but that aint gonna happin any time soon.. shit shady as fuck