• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social Rent Free?

Hannah Capps

Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So
So, I had an idea. Let me explain...Sometimes, I've got half formed ideas that just swarm around in my head...might be a poem, prose, short story, music etc...I also am musically inclined, have pitch perfect hearing (probably a neurodiverse "super power", not so super when what has been heard cannot be undone, another topic for another day😒)

My thought was, do any here have similar writing ideas/thoughts that swarm around in your brain, living there rent free? Dumping these ideas onto notepad, or jotting them down in a notebook helps me...Just thought I'd get everyone's input on this "rent free" issue, and what you do to cope...

Thoughts 🤣

So, I had an idea. Let me explain...Sometimes, I've got half formed ideas that just swarm around in my head...might be a poem, prose, short story, music etc...I also am musically inclined, have pitch perfect hearing (probably a neurodiverse "super power", not so super when what has been heard cannot be undone, another topic for another day😒)

My thought was, do any here have similar writing ideas/thoughts that swarm around in your brain, living there rent free? Dumping these ideas onto notepad, or jotting them down in a notebook helps me...Just thought I'd get everyone's input on this "rent free" issue, and what you do to cope...

Thoughts 🤣
I am exactly the same way, I have a post doc classical piano, a master philosophy, took a course literature creation at the academy, Im auto didact in math and physics before I got the science classes at the university as part of philosophy of science, I had to be autodidact cause in high school I studied graphical arts, I love psychology and sociology and literature and poetry and so much more!

Since age 6 I keep notebooks, still have all of them! I still use notebooks, my mind is very chaotic however I can reason with solid logic.

I also have a fun notebook in which I write funny science jokes and others, like this science limerick from hawking:

There once was a woman from Wight
Who travelled much faster than light
She departed one day
In a relative way
And arrived on the previous night!

But I also invent my own stuff.

Im very good at connecting several different topics in a relevant way.

Haha I love that you are so likeminded!

Grtz.

I am exactly the same way, I have a post doc classical piano, a master philosophy, took a course literature creation at the academy, Im auto didact in math and physics before I got the science classes at the university as part of philosophy of science, I had to be autodidact cause in high school I studied graphical arts, I love psychology and sociology and literature and poetry and so much more!

Since age 6 I keep notebooks, still have all of them! I still use notebooks, my mind is very chaotic however I can reason with solid logic.

I also have a fun notebook in which I write funny science jokes and others, like this science limerick from hawking:

There once was a woman from Wight
Who travelled much faster than light
She departed one day
In a relative way
And arrived on the previous night!

But I also invent my own stuff.

Im very good at connecting several different topics in a relevant way.

Haha I love that you are so likeminded!

Grtz.

Ah yes, a kindred soul...it do be like that sometimes...

I have a post doc classical piano

Can you hammer out scriabin piano sonata #5 mov 1?

Because I sure can't. I gave it a half ass try but the rhythm threw me off. Trying to play certain things on the piano can literally make my skin crawl sometimes, its an uncomfortable physical sensation, hard to explain. Kind of a like a shirt that is too tight around the neck.

Can you hammer out scriabin piano sonata #5 mov 1?

Because I sure can't. I gave it a half ass try but the rhythm threw me off. Trying to play certain things on the piano can literally make my skin crawl sometimes, its an uncomfortable physical sensation, hard to explain. Kind of a like a shirt that is too tight around the neck.
Yes if that is the exact work I played it when I was 12yrs old or so... Its not a major difficult piece...

Yes if that is the exact work I played it when I was 12yrs old or so... Its not a major difficult piece...

Scriabin piano concerto #5 isn't difficult 🤔

This ranks it as the 7th most difficult piano work of all time (not sure I fully agree with the list but nevertheless sonata #5 is universally recognized as difficult):

The rhythm is what makes it tricky more than anything. I hardly consider myself a particularly skilled pianist (I'm a composer -- the piano is moreso a tool for me, I'm not an instrumentalist), but I can sight read pretty well, yet my attempts to sight read scriabin's piano sonata #5 didn't go so well. It sounds great though (depending on who is playing it).

You sound very similar to myself in some ways. I find it definitely helps to write things down, usually in the form of a notepad on my phone but ocassionally on paper as well. These are usually in the form of ideas or concepts that I've played with in my head for a while, but actually manifesting it physically (or digitally) allows me to then take my mind off of it and move on to something else.

I think there is a fundamental difference between a thought (in the aether, perhaps...) and what you manifest as the physical, or digital, representation of that thought, and so knowing that can be helpful.