View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Relative Potencies of the DOx Family

pharmakos

Bluelighter
I'm interested in the potency of DOI vs. the potency of DOC in particular, however I figured that a thread about comparative potencies of the whole family in general could be more useful to more people. Any info anyone?

Last edited:
AFAIK, they're all pretty much in the same area potency-wise. Also, I think the potency relations are pretty close to their respective 2C-x analogues, ie DOC is to DOI what 2C-C is to 2C-I etc. Going by that, DOC is somewhat less potent than DOI (which is actually the case if I'm not mistaken), DOM is less potent than most other DOx (as is the case with 2C-D in the 2C family), etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

DOC is about twice as potent as DOM per weight; I'm not sure offhand about DOI, but it is more potent than DOC, by what factor I disremember

I think 3mg DOC is about as intense as 2mg DOI. Not sure about the proportions at higher doses though, since these substances have quite non-linear dose-response curves.

5:3:2:2 -> DOM : DOC : DOI : DOB

I reckon DOPR and DOET are somewhere betwixt DOC and DOM, more towards the DOC side of things. Hope that helps. :)

^ That should be correct, at least going by PIHKAL.

Hmm, so it would seem that the dosages for DOx do not always correlate to their 2C-x analogues, because 2C-P is actually among the most potent in its family.

^ Is it? I got a different impression from PIHKAL for some reason.. It is certainly one of the longer lasting ones though.

EDIT: My bad, I shouldn't have just skimmed over the page. It has somewhat mixed reports that confused me, plus the dosage suggestions are all over the place for DOx in PIHKAL. Shulgin mentions in the commentary though that it is probably the most potent of the series.

7mg of DOM was enough for me....

i can not speak for the others, and i dont know the dose ranges for the others...

check erowid...

DOx doses as Posted by Erowid

^^ Looks like a crushing dose of DOM

DOB
Threshold: 0.2 mg
Light: 0.2 - 0.75 mg
Common: 0.75 - 1.75 mg
Strong: 1.75 - 2.5 mg
Heavy: 2.5 - 3.5 mg
Overdose: 3.5 + mg

DOC
T: