• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Regional Pills/MD(M)A Discussion v. PM(dma)T

You'd have to be fucking nuts to neck a full one of those pills - certainly the potential to kill someone (I think?). Half at a time is plenty and IME gives a very nice buzz. Perhaps less is more...

Well that kind of proves my point. If the producers of these pills are not bothered about knocking out potentially lethal doses, do you really think a slightly higher sentence for a few thousand more will make any difference? No. They've found a synth which is quicker, easier and cheaper, but they know provides a substandard product. They can afford to whack a huge dose in, then market them as 'superstrength pills'. If this stuff was on a par with 80s/90s product there's no way they'd put double the dose in when they could make twice as much money from standard 120mg dosed pills. It just doesn't make economic sense.

The only reason they get away with this is because there's a whole new generation of customers that don't know what good pills are...

Last edited:
Whatever. =D I guess the number of pills is more important at casual dealer level. You could claim 10 are for personal use, but could make twice the money from them, not that pills are expensive these days...

The buzz ain't the same as when I started taking pills (could be all sorts of reasons for that), but take a decent break and half of one of these pills is a very nice buzz IMO. So do we think a better grade of md is still being produced anywhere?

Whatever. =D I guess the number of pills is more important at casual dealer level. You could claim 10 are for personal use, but could make twice the money from them, not that pills are expensive these days...

The buzz ain't the same as when I started taking pills (could be all sorts of reasons for that), but take a decent break and half of one of these pills is a very nice buzz IMO. So do we think a better grade of md is still being produced anywhere?

As if the major producers give a shit about casual dealers getting a longer sentence for a few more pills.

And yes, the good stuff does still crop up from time to time, it's just no longer the norm (in Europe that is, from what I can gather our Stateside cousins get a lot of domestically produced stuff that is superior to the mass produced Dutch MDMA)

Last edited:
As if the major producers give a shit about casual dealers getting a longer sentence for a few more pills.

And yes, the good stuff does still crop up from time to time, it's just no longer the norm (in Europe that is, from what I can gather our Stateside cousins get a lot of domestically produced stuff that is superior to the mass produced Dutch MDMA)

The US is the last place I'd go looking for mdma. Whenever I meet yanks in Ibiza and they try European md, the usual comment is "This is lovely. I wonder what that shit is we get back home".

The US is the last place I'd go looking for mdma. Whenever I meet yanks in Ibiza and they try European md, the usual comment is "This is lovely. I wonder what that shit is we get back home".

Well I'll take your word for that mate, I'm only going by what I've read on the MDMA and empathogenic drugs subforum.

Well I'll take your word for that mate, I'm only going by what I've read on the MDMA and empathogenic drugs subforum.

As far as I'm aware, almost all of the MDMA in the States comes from Canada and is of exceptional quality.

I'm sure they get some shite aswell (as do we) but everything I've ever read seems to suggest that Canadian MDMA is equal to anything prepared in Holland.

TBH honest I didn't know pills were still a thing I thought everyone did mdma crystals

It's cuz any US folk you run into in Ibiza is some yuppie rich kid type that don't hang with the grungy types (like me lol) in old run down venues and small outdoor events where all the good product is ;)

Those types are the kind that mommy and daddy bought them a ticket to tomorrowland or some shit last year so now they're a hardcore "raver" (going to a huge event with police fondling you to get in ain't a rave btw) that walks around with nothing but a kandi bra and panties on. I know sadly when people see the American MDMA and dance culture they think of West Coast/California types cuz those are the rich kids that can travel the world and poorly represent what we actually got going on here.

Those types are also the bottom of the food chain in terms of quality and price for domestic product. They also take a lot more imported product so their view of MDMA is essentially a watered down version of what you guys get.

With all that said, it just depends on where you live in the US too. For instance where I grew up is a major hub for both MDXX and Ketamine for the rest of the country in combination with a larger than normal local production scene. You go down to the SouthEast part of the country and the market (last I checked) is garbage, at one point it was nothing but methylone and other related RC's. The big dealers who move blow saw the market for "molly" growing so got ties with China to send kilos of the garbage RC's.

It's just a big place here..

-GC

Yea pretty much from the beginnings of the Doves until the last "good" Mistubishis, the common synthesis used was the Leuckart to reduce the ketone to MDMA/MDA. In fact the Marquis used to react differently then too (just as it changed again around 2010) by going a dark inky blue/black. (This caused much confusion when the MDMA suddenly changed and only reacted Purple/black.) Eventually this method was pushed aside for higher yielding/cleaner reactions. What people didn't realize was that the impurities were actually active too and not only that but they gave the MDMA of the 90's something unique.

There's a research paper to show that of twelve impurities from common synths used, two of them (from Leuckart) were fairly active. Other active impurities included DMMDA and n-formyl-MDMA.

Different synthesis routes definitely effect the experience (and even minor changes of the same route can fuck things up), but of course there's still good product out there it just seems to not be as common for some these days. I still roll crazy good tho ;)

-GC
Imho you?ve hit the nail on the head mate. Have done loads of research - both taking and online - and this for me is the indesputable truth.

It's cuz any US folk you run into in Ibiza is some yuppie rich kid type

Not at all. I've met various people from the US over the years, and most of the people I 'hang' with are within a decade of me age-wise (I'm 43), so hardly kids. Aye, some have just been into commercial shit but some more underground. I did actually meet a guy who brought some md in his suitcase to Ibiza, thinking he might not get good stuff there. I've always been satisfied with gear in Ibiza; it has a lot more to do with set & setting than product IME. I got the impression most md in the US is actually 'bath salts'?

Not at all. I've met various people from the US over the years, and most of the people I 'hang' with are within a decade of me age-wise (I'm 43), so hardly kids. Aye, some have just been into commercial shit but some more underground. I did actually meet a guy who brought some md in his suitcase to Ibiza, thinking he might not get good stuff there. I've always been satisfied with gear in Ibiza; it has a lot more to do with set & setting than product IME. I got the impression most md in the US is actually 'bath salts'?

I've watched several documentaries on Canadian MD being rampant in the States.. I think RCs ("bath salts") are quite common though as you say...But I believe the original "bath salts" were MDPV??? Not sure though.

I've watched several documentaries on Canadian MD being rampant in the States.. I think RCs ("bath salts") are quite common though as you say...But I believe the original "bath salts" were MDPV??? Not sure though.

I get the impression in the US 'bath salts' are random cathinones… so yeah, possibly MDPV, but could also be mephedrone, methylone, etc

I hate the turn bath salts and how they can use it describe any research chemical

And how many people think it's just random shit mixed together

I get the impression in the US 'bath salts' are random cathinones… so yeah, possibly MDPV, but could also be mephedrone, methylone, etc

I think you're right in that it's used to describe any cathinones, but I believe originally it was MDPV (wasn't it MDPV that kid was on when he bit the homeless guys face off?). Kind of line how meph over here was "plant food" although we didn't start calling other random RCs by that name aswell.

Well I'm obviously from the US, and I've never bought something that tested bunk in my ~15yrs of rolling. I am unique and live in an area that is somewhat unique however. The only time I've ever tried any empathogenic RC's has been on my own terms. (Bk-MDMA which was meh, and 5-MAPB which I absolutely cherish.)

"Bath salts" actually never really took off in my area cuz they had a bad name before they even got here. Although maybe it's just who I know that makes me believe that..

Again it's all about where ya live and who you know. You go down to Florida and ya there's gonna be a lot of RC's sold as "molly." This may have to do with proximity to Canada, the closer the better.

-GC

Just acquired this very nice looking chunk of crystal (1.9g). It looks the same as the 'proper' MDMA I had off the same guy a few months back. I'll soon see when I chop it down as the last stuff changed from an orange tint to a salmon when crushed.

Here's hoping... :)

Ooo can't wait to hear on this stuff! Knowing you I'm assuming you'll wait a good few months til the time is just right.. ;)

-GC

Ooo can't wait to hear on this stuff! Knowing you I'm assuming you'll wait a good few months til the time is just right.. ;)

-GC

Heh, normally I'd be straight in there - but due to complications that I'd better not divulge, I've absolutely no idea when I'll get chance to take it.

Bugger!

Last edited: