• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Regarding Bullying - Your Feelings and Stories.

Originally posted by star_beats
I left a school in year 8 because of bullying. 2 lovely girls who were my best friends one day, all of a sudden turned on me, and took the whole grade with them. I went to school to find no-one talking to me, and them having votes in class over who hated me- right in front of me and the teacher.

On the bright side, you came to me and we lived happily ever after in friendship goodness. So excuse me for being selfish but I'm forever grateful those people were downright rude. <3

On my side of things, I didn't really suffer from bullying however in my final year of school I had one enemy [who tried to push me off the photography stand in the year photo].

I don't mind though. I saw her the other day and she's really fat. ;)

up all night said:
I don't mind though. I saw her the other day and she's really fat. ;)

hahaha... thats such a good feeling....

during my 9 months in canberra last year, i ran into heaps of people i grew up with... including my tormentors...

god its great to see people after they have let themselves go and you have improved :)

oh yeah i forgot to add...

Muzby...I don't think violence is the answer as in even fighting back in self defence because i think it makes you sink to their level and become like them. Sure if your in a fight and are getting the crap beaten out of you my advice would not be to just stand there and take it, you have to fight back in those situations. Best thing is to walk away and use whats in your brain and not in your fists. The pen is mighter than the sword i say :)

doofqueen - for boys, sometimes violence is the only answer..

if you get hit everyday, pushed around and physically abused, it can sometimes be the only way to stop it....

understandbly emotional bullying shouldnt be responded to with violence..

but ask anyone at an all boys school.......... :\

I don't want my son getting into fist fights though. I always teach him to walk away and ignore it and not become a thug like they are and to not create more negative energy for himself and people around him because there is enough of it as it is. I have taught to hit back though if he is in a situation that he can't walk away from...maybe i should put him in karate class or something to teach him self defence though.

doofqueen said:
I always teach him to walk away and ignore it

with all due respect, your son is going to get picked on massively with an attitude like that. it might have worked in the 60s, but kids these days are more stubborn and won't care.

only way bullies stop is when they feel threatened.

Primary school was the worst time for me. I was a pretty hyperactive kid. Probably a bit too full on for most. And i woudl so often be left out of things which my "firneds" organised and so on a so forth. Never physical bulliying or even really verbal bullying, but simply just that horrible sinking gut renching agony that u feel when ur a young child and "nobody likes you"... i moved school in grade four, becasue i just wanted to try and make some "proper" friends... i fast discovered that, proper friends are pretty hard to come by in primary school.

I found that being at an all girls school there is a lot of bitchiness... over the timiest of issues... i spose thats what happens at an all girls school tho... everyone has PMS at different times. Even when u find what u think is "youre group" the nastiest things happen, girls are still left out, i think the majority of bitchiness stems from the whole group thing. I know my school is overly "clickey" and if u dont ahve a group, or a group doesnt accept you, or whatever... u can feel so horrible.

Even the early years of High school are littered with the same kind of situations, but it was basically just feeling like shit becasue of one girl, its the litte comments, and the remarks, and the fact that she "knows" shes better than u and treats you like shit... just simply the put downs and little comments... the little things that break your heeart.

The affore mentioned girlie, still says things and tries to put me down, but really, its gotten to the stage where i can accept that, if she has to do those things to feel confident and boost her self esteem, well then, im gonna let her do them, becasue really it doesn't hurt me... im obviously a stronger person than her, and you know, why not help her feel a bit better about herself, if hse has to treat ppl like that, then she obviously feels pretty terrible about herwself.

...but i think bullys have gotten worse as time has gone on. My little sister is in year six this year, and she moved school the beginning of this year, to get away from the "clickiness" of her primary school. But some of the things that went on! ...

She has really bad learning difficulties, and really really struggles at school. And she really really small... looks about 6 instead of 12... (i mean, ive been asked if i was her mum several times before... and i dont look that old)But one day, towards the end of last year, i walk home to see this tiny littel girl bawled up on our big couch just crying.

she runs to the door throws herself around my waist and cries and cries and cries.

finally i get it out of her, that this boy had followed her home on his bike, tormenting her, teasing her, calling her names, calling her stupid and asking her all these questions about things, that even *i* wouldnt know the answer to, trying to make her feel dumb. i was so angry, i called up the boys mother and told her exactly what happenned...

The mother was truly apologetic and shocked that her son had dont such a thing, but i also found out that the boy had been receiving HATE MAIL from some of the girls in the year. Those girls were the same girls that had invited my sister over to somebodies house, and then not been there when she arrived and things like that. THe same girls who constantly excluded her, and pput her down about her height and how she struggles in school. again, the littlest things can crush a childs soul.

I think children can be so cruel. Perhaps crueler than what they think... becasue they dont quite understand exaclty the power of their words or their actions...

but, i wonder how much of what gets said is actually meant.. i think the whole "pack meantality" thing has a great deal to do with the behaviour of some of the girls... there is alwyas an obvious "leader", in this case a truly malicious and vindictive girl, who is NOT a happy little vegemite... but like my mum says, "there are always these people in life, its how you deal with them, which proves that you arent one of them"

then there is the theory that says, by the age of 7 a childs mentaality and personality is basically formed... But what about the children who are so easily led... they are generally far worse than the bully's themselves, because being excluded or ridiculed or simply bullied by someone who was once perhaps a friend, has the worst sting of all...

Going to an all girls school, learning to be a *bitch* comes a free extra...;) i used to get involved in the bitchyness of my school, and (if i may say so myselkf) i got to be a good little come back queen (well as good as u can be in year 7,8 and 9) but by halfway through year 9, i realised, what is the point of getting involved... its the whole, "stooping to their level" and i AM NOT a bully, or a bitchy person, so i would *never* feel any better about myself, or the situation after i had just put someone down... im not like that. So i deceided that, i wouldnt get involved at all. Nowadays, i am *SO*far out of the gossip/scandal/BITCHY loop that i never have a clue what people are tlaking aobut at lunchtime... =D

but exclusions in m poersinal opionion is the worst way to bully someone...

I'm all for children learning to defend themselves but this doesn't necessarily have to be physical. Why do people (by people I mean men) always have to fall back on the "using your fists" argument? Learning how to talk your way out of something or how to walk away from a fight without losing your temper are valuable skills as well.

There may be occasions when a person has to defend themselves physically but I think a healthier way to learn this would be through a self defense class.

Ultimately, people have to learn when to fight and when to walk away.

Jesus. I sound like a country and western singer. But actually, they know a thing or two about this. ;)

Anyway.

gotta know when to hold em
know when to fold em
know when to walk away
know when to ruuuun

kenny rogers was a p.i.m.p.
respect

preacha said:
with all due respect, your son is going to get picked on massively with an attitude like that. it might have worked in the 60s, but kids these days are more stubborn and won't care.

i dont think this is true, because, really, a bully wont stop. And basically in threatening the bully, that perso IS BECOMING the bully...

im not saying dont stick up for yourself and let people walk all over you adn trat you like shit... im just saying that there are better ways to avoid bullies...

...walking away may not be the best option, but its like what they taught us in our piss arse avoid rape self defence class at school... if you appear vulnerable, then you will *always be a target.

Its the same with Bullies. they all ways go for who they believe to be the weakest person. And they alwyas aim straight at the archillies

preacha said:
gotta know when to hold em
know when to fold em
know when to walk away
know when to ruuuun

kenny rogers was a p.i.m.p.
respect

Yep, this was the song I meant. Good song.

BloSs0m said:
i dont think this is true, because, really, a bully wont stop. And basically in threatening the bully, that perso IS BECOMING the bully...

so if you threaten a bully, you become the bully
yet if a woman is about to be raped and fights back, by your logic she would be the aggressor.

sound about right?

I think the situation should be about defending yourself, not being aggressive for the sake of it. So a woman being raped and defending her body by physical force isn't being the aggressor, she's trying to prevent an attack on her physical person.

Also, bullies don't always attack people who appear vulnerable or weak although that's often the case. Most people, by the time they've reached late adulthood, have been bullied. A lot of them don't know it though, as it can be insidious. That said, when children bully other children, either verbally or physically, its more obvious.

preacha said:

Just because my son isn't like alot of other kids that get taught to handle situations with their fists and with violence and anger does not mean he will be picked on. He is a very passive and loving child and does not like bullying in the slightest. He has actually even told me about a story at school where another kid was being picked on and he went and "rescued" him out of the situation by going up to them and saying "pick on someone your own size" and took the child away and walked away from it. They called him names but he just keapt on walking. They didn't bother either of them since.

Bullies usually like that they scare and intimidate their victims and my son showed that he felt neither. I was very proud of him when he told me this story =D

Violence is NOT the answer. I am female raising a boy to be a man on my own and have been for the last six years and i'm pretty passive myself. It's very difficult to know what to do when these situations rise up when your son does not have a father figure role around him (every second weekend just doesn't cut it as far as i'm concerned) I couldn't teach him how to fight even if i wanted to but i can teach him to have self respect and respect other people and not become one of the "tough macho" guys that inhabit this planet in exsessive amounts already. This world has enough aggressive testosterone in it as it is.

ur taking on the tactics and logic of the bully, so i do belive tha tu are becoming the bully in that u are bullying the bully...

i think there are flaws in my logic, as u pointed out... But, i think there is a definate difference between self defence, and turning into the bully...

... i dont know how to word exactly what i mean, but im not saying "dont stand up for yourself"... im jsut saying, there must be a better way to do it, rather than threaten somebody...

but witht he whole rape issue thing... i think that is most defiantley self defence...

but then again, i suppose we have to look at everything in context dont we.. in a perfect world there may be a better way to deal with such situations rather than actually adopt bullying tactics... but we live in what is far from a perfect world... i dont know what i mean i guess... but i think communication is the key...

maybe im just saying... dont be the bully in the first place, and dont take things too far...

maybe i jsut dont know how to word it... its just what ifeel

I actually think that bullying can be good for a child.

I was bullied as a kid. (wasnt everyone at some stage?) and I am pretty certain i was guilty of I bullying someone during my 12 years of schooling. I am not claiming to be a saint.

Providing it is not to the point that the kid is suicidal I think that it helps toughen up kids. Give them a bit of a harder shell which makes dealing with the Real-World(TM) a little easier.

Because frankly, anyone who has never been picked on would get eaten the fuck alive in the workplace.

Bullying in general plays its part in that it makes the kid more thick-skinned and assertive.

Shnouzerpuff said:
I actually think that bullying can be good for a child.

haha, sad to say it, but i wholeheartedly agree.
i mean, i was bullied from the end of primary to mid-high school, but eventually i became more assertive and confident and everything just stopped.

sure, in a 'perfect world' we wouldn't have schoolyard/workplace bullys, but the fact of the matter is that people with tougher skins are able to deal with the outside world more effectively than those who have lived in a bubble of happiness throughout their schooling.

preacha said:
the fact of the matter is that people with tougher skins are able to deal with the outside world more effectively than those who have lived in a bubble of happiness throughout their schooling.

Realistically, this is true (sadly) and I agree with both your posts but - bullying has to be addressed in that people need to learn how to appropriately deal with being bullied or threatened.

Becoming verbally or physically aggressive every time someone intimidates you isn't appropriate and this type of behaviour can occur in adults who were severely bullied as children.

schools are pretty good now a days with "stop bullying" programs. It's good to see. You should feel SAFE at school and that goes for everyone there.