• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Recreational Adderall twice a week safe?

QuickQuestion12121

Greenlighter
So me and and a couple friends tend to use recreational adderall every weekend when we go out on the town. During the week we don't drink, smoke, etc. But do on weekends. We workout 5 days a week and tend to eat pretty well and then like to let loose on the weekends.

We usually take around 20-30 mg total each, usually in about 10mg increments every few hours or so. I guess what I'm asking is, I'm pretty new when it comes to Adderall so I'm trying to get the opinion of those more knowledgeable to see their opinion on if there's going to be long term effects health wise of such doses since we do not have ADHD.

I tend to be a worry wart but never really thought too much about it before considering a lot of ppl i know do it so I guess i was just curious for other opinions, we really don't ever use it unless we're going out to party but that tends to be every weekend especially in the summer around here. Thanks in advance

30 mg of adderall per day (or night, in your case) is still a moderate therapeutic dose. That is not going to cause any health issues, unless you have a severe heart condition. It starts getting problematic when you find your tolerance going up so you're taking >100 mg per night, and/or using it during the week just to compensate for the post-weekend blues.

And even then its mostly about the detrimental effects on your mental rather than physical health.

The long term effects of taking an amphetamine type drug are almost indistinguishable to people with ADHD/ADD or those without it.

The doses you are taking are pretty mild and not likely to harm anyone, unless you begin to use other substances on top of the amphetamine. Then you're putting your health at moderate risk, especially your heart. Mixing two or more different things can always be dangerous and even more so if you don't know what you're doing.