• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recommended Valium dose for a decent high?

Biak12345

Greenlighter
So I had 5mg for the first time yesterday and thought it was cool but not really what Id describe as a high obviously. So I was just wondering what a good dose would be for a threshold experience? Never used any other benzos and it'll be my second time

if you did alright at 5mg try 10mg and just slowly increase it in doses of 5mg until you feel good, just don't over do it. I wouldn't go much higher than 20mg if your new to benzos. I love valium though, but I have lots of experience with it and was prescribed it for quite a while before, now I take klonopin currently. But I used to take around 40mg of valium a day and was fine, although I had been taking it for over a year and took other benzos daily for about 2 years before taking valium so I wasn't exactly naïve with benzos. But again, since your new to it though I think 15-20mg would do you right and you'd probably feel good off it, give it a minute to kick in before attempting to take more if 15-20mg doesn't do the trick. The maximum I would go to is 30mg if nothing else works. If that doesn't work than valium might not be for you.
Not everyone gets great effects from valium even if they have no tolerance and take a stupid amount of them.. I once took 10mg of Ativan(lorazepam) when I was almost completely naïve to benzos having taken no more than a couple Xanax bars before that in my whole life, and 10mg of Ativan did absolutely nothing to me, I then figured out that Ativan wasn't for me, the people I know who couldn't feel anything off of valium love Ativan though. What I am trying to say is different benzos affect every person differently from person to person, if that makes any sense. In other words, while one person may get rocked off of just 10mg of valium and not feel anything from 5mg of Ativan, the other person may get rocked from the 5mg of Ativan and feel nothing from the 10mg of valium. Be safe!

Valium (10mg four times a day) = 40mg is the max rx dose...

Honestly, start with 20, wait an hour for if to peak, see how it feels, move around a bit and then go from there

5mg of valium is the standard initial pill dosage that valium comes in. it is, as advertised when valium first was marketed by the pharmaceutical companies when it first came to the market in the early 60s, as the drug that all good girls need to socially adjust to a life of happiness and cohesion within the parameters of a 'normal girl's' anxieties and phobias that come from leaving home, going to school, entering the secretarial pool, and being the best girlfriend, finance then housewife that was expected of women in the male dominated age of reason of that period of history.

anyways, 5 mg of valium is just a starting dose. it is virtually nothing. as evidenced by the fact that you had a reaction to the dosage of a 5 mg tablet, you have no experience with benzos. i'd highly recommend you keep it that way. they are wickedly addicting, and once dependent upon them, unusually likely to cause a seizure that will result in death when going through forced detox due to absence of the drug. and only the same benzo that you have been using, or another drug from the benzo class, can prevent that eventuality.

there is quite a true medical need for benzo's in the treatment of many psychiatric mood disorders. casual usage by the user who is not classified medically to need such a type of substance is going to provide a reaction different than the treatment of a patient prescribed it for medical needs. but, from experience and a lifetime of benzo usage for medical reasons, i can offer you this, benzo's never really get you "high", they are a CNS depressant, they relax you, make you less inhibited, make your Central Nervous System relay messages with less impulse intensity. so just be smart about it, you can, going from never having taken any benzo's in your life, take a 5 mg tablet and feel the designed effects of the drug, which are to calm, relax, slightly sedate and bring about a general light feeling of euphoria, like everything is ok, and betty crocker and you should go bake a cake for your loving husband, as he is coming home from work, will want his martini, and goodness gracious, the meatloaf is just about finished. where does the time go. then a nice sleep with prince valium for the night. but anyway.

but anyway, you can also take a handful of those 5 mg tablets, say 50mg in total, or 100 mg in total, or even 200 mg in total, and you will feel very little more than the minimal dosage of valium that initially prompted the euphoric effect, it will just half life at larger dosages in your system, so that feeling of euphoria and relaxation will last longer, while the intensity level increase on a quite skewed slope, very slowly. really just a few more of those 5 mg tablets to a new user will just knock you out and you'll get a good sleep, its not a party drug. i know this sounds counter to common sense, but it really is true.

i mean, take the example of someone who takes 8 mg of klonipin a day, then one day, swallowing 120mg's of klonipin at once to see if he is going to 'get off'. yes, there is a bit more of a 'i'm fucking stoned' reaction, and the half life of the drug takes much longer to work out of your system, so your in that euphoric world for longer, but there is no real amplitude of affect of the effect of the benzo. its more of a subtle climb. and sleeping straight for 96 hours. lucky, in that case, that the CNS depressant effect did not close down his airways.

this, in my opinion, makes benzo's a particularly unfit drug to abuse. medically, they are quite necessary, but you have to remember that this is not the marketing of 1960 when all good girls needed valium to deal with the stresses of their typing studies while going to school. these drugs are used for the treatment of very real, very documented psychiatric disorders where the needs of the treatment outweigh the potential side effects of fucking pharmicuticals, the ultimate of designed living, that have a targeted disease they are made for, a targeted effect for that treatment, and an FDA disclaimer of zero liability for unlabled use.

and with benzo's, especially with large dose continued usage, you risk a quick addiction, a quicker tolerance, and a severe chance of life threatening probabilities in the event of withdrawal, in particular, seizures. fatal seizures.

i really don't recommend benzo's at all for abuse potential, they just don't have that expected culumative effect that you think of when thinking of other substances, say, meth, or coke or barbituates. those, when taken in larger and larger amounts, have a higher and higher magnitue of kicking your ass high. benzo's don't chemically react this way in the body. the higher the dose, the deeper it is absorbed into the bone marrow of the patient, and the quicker dependency is established, and the greater the chance of a fatal event occuring in the case where the drug is not available for the constant, on the clock dosaging that will develop out of use of them.

i'd highly recommend against recreational benzo usage at anything more than an introductory dose, as thats all thats really to it. that calm, gentle feeling, or the effects intented for the psychiatric condition prescribed to treat, which is usually not the condition of wanting to chill out. the only reason to increase the dosage of a benzo is that the dosage taken has produced no discernable effect, in which case your really not reaching a "tolerance threshold", your reaching theraputic dosage levels.

best of luck.

answer: however much it takes in order for you to trade for some drugs that are actually recreational

A word of caution on "wait an hour for it to peak" is that it can take a couple of hours. Also, diazepam acts strangely in your body and will go in and out of your brain, making the effects transient, but recurring.

Yeah, great advice....go trade your Valium for some crack, sounds like a plan. If you have anxiety like myself, 8 mg of Etizolam has me feeling like a King. But Benzo's aren't worth anything........just the 2nd most sought out Pharmaceutical on the planet.

I espescially enjoy the "NEVER TAKE BENZOS" cause trust me I've been on Klonopin for 12 years. Ha ha If I had a dollar for everytime someone who abuses the fuck outta benzos and shames others for merely trying one out, I would be a millionaire.

we're not here to tell you how to get high, 10mgs should be plenty for a first timer, 15mgs max

5mg will provide light sedation, 10mg more noticeable anxiolytic effects, 15mg and so on.

The recreational value you get from will be inextricably linked to your levels of anxiety.

Benzos don't offer much of a high. More of a buzz. With an addictive side to boot.

Benzo's don't really give you much of a recreatinal high they're more just calm you down, the only comparison I have is being slightly drunk, I would say 10mg, then redose by 5mg every 1-2 hours until desired effect, but check erowid, it's not a very recreational drug I mainly take benzo's with stimulants to sleep or with weed to make me more chill but never on their own, unless I'm quitting dope

answer: however much it takes in order for you to trade for some drugs that are actually recreational

This. I mean ok I suppose it's 'recreational', but it doesn't really get you high. It gets you calm and stable and not overly worried. I suppose if you generally are an extremely high stress high worry person, first time using Valium or similar might subjectively be a high to that kind if person. I'm luckily not that kind of person and most of the time wouldn't tell the difference with my reality on 5mg of Valium vs 0mg. Going up from there is more like a a cleaner, milder drunk than high, with higher blackout risk.

I usually only take them to potentiate other drugs or if I've got a lot of stress at the moment and need to be thinking more rationally to deal with the problems rather than worry and have anxiety over them.

My advice would be to stick with the long acting ones like valium, and stay away from short acting ones like Xanax. I've used on and off for years without ever becoming dependent, because I've never used them more than a few days in a row then taking a few week or month break. For me though, Xanax kicked me ass first time I used it, I got off it very early and the withdrawals still sucked. They're just not fun enough drugs to come even close to justifying the kind of dependence they cause with prolonged use.

^That is the truth. Xanax almost ruined my life several times just from the stupid shit I would do when I took it, or if I took too much of it say 5-6mg or more, I would think I was invincible and could say anything to anyone or do anything I want with no consequence. It was crazy how they made me feel like nothing could possibly fuck with me when I took them. However, with the long acting ones like valium and klonopin I never had those problems, I prefer them much more than short acting ones like Xanax and Ativan, in fact I have said this before, but I have no clue how Ativan is even a schedule 4 substance... it should be over the counter as weak as it is, ime with it. OP stick with valium and take more than 5 mg if you want to "feel" something from it, just like I said before work your way up from 10mg, and I wouldn't recommend taking more than 30mg max. Just don't make it a habit, benzo addiction is serious shit!

lmfao what up eye dew things very true, as always. A peak? The fuck are you talking about a peak with benzos. There is no peak, there is no valley, they are made to keep you in the middle. You will not get high off benzos. If your lookin to get high look elsewhere. You do not get high from benzos...I repeat you do not get high from benzos....i repeat you do not get high from benzos. THERE IS NO HIGH. you feel content. you feel like all your problems have vanished. Your anxiety vanishes, you feel comfortable in otherwise awkward situations. The drug does what it is designed to do.....take away anxiety. If you do not have anxiety, then well DONT TAKE IT. because it will have no effect....unless of course you enjoy drinking on it/blacking out...thats your life decision to make. I made the left turn, try turning right as soon as possible.

lmfao what up eye dew things very true, as always. A peak? The fuck are you talking about a peak with benzos. There is no peak, there is no valley, they are made to keep you in the middle. You will not get high off benzos. If your lookin to get high look elsewhere. You do not get high from benzos...I repeat you do not get high from benzos....i repeat you do not get high from benzos. THERE IS NO HIGH. you feel content. you feel like all your problems have vanished. Your anxiety vanishes, you feel comfortable in otherwise awkward situations. The drug does what it is designed to do.....take away anxiety. If you do not have anxiety, then well DONT TAKE IT. because it will have no effect....unless of course you enjoy drinking on it/blacking out...thats your life decision to make. I made the left turn, try turning right as soon as possible.

Have you actually taken valium before? It will have an effect on people who do not have or suffer from anxiety - if the person taking the valium considers this as high then it does get them 'high'. For some people having all their problems vanish or simply to feel content is enough and they may not seek anything further.

What's up Rambo12, it's been a minute, hope you're doing okay. Rambo does have a point. The more anxiety you have, the more worry, the better they will work. Bearlove said it real good too. In today's world their is so much going on in peoples lives that the feeling of absolute contentment is a wonderful feeling. The only "high" there is with Benzos is the transistion period from tensed, stressed out, angry to "everything will be ok" The melting feeling of all your worries vanishing. Some people, like myself are addicted to feeling like your life is somewhat manageable when it may actually be spiraling out of control.

But once you've become pshycologically and perhaps physically dependent to Benzos it's a hellish existence.

Like right now as I type this I'm trying really hard to not take some Etizolam. It's like I'm a slave to these damn pills. My biggest problem is my supply is very healthy lets say. Everyday I tell myself, today is the day to start cutting back, but it never happens. The cycle from hell continues. I'll start cutting back tomorrow. Sure I will.

Yeah no doubt when you are addicted/dependent on benzos and run out of them, it is hellish to say the least! I mean the couple times I have run out of my klonopin which I have a stupid high tolerance for, and all benzos in general. I have been on a fairly high daily dose of ~4mg a day for years... when I ran out last time I thought I was going to die! legitimately thought I was going to have a grand maul seizure and die! IT WAS AWFUL. Worst anxiety you could possibly experience plus physical flu like symptoms to boot. You don't wanna get into the habit of taking ANY benzos or any of RC thienodiazepines(like etizolam) either, as they have pretty much the same chemical make up as benzos and are just as bad to withdrawl from(from what I have read). Take opiate withdrawl like maybe from something like oxy, and multiply that by 10 and that is about how bad benzo withdrawls are IMO. It is the worst thing ever. So think hard before getting on benzos or even just taking them for fun now and then, as I have had lots of friends get hooked on Xanax and klonopin without a prescription, and they would be so insanely sick from not having them, one of them had a grand maul seizure and was about to die! I think I am going to need klonopin or something similar to it my whole life, because I already had the worst anxiety you can get before starting them. When I have them its all good, and I am happy, but when I run out I will lose my mind! I am one of those people that truly needs them or I cannot live life like a normal person, my anxiety gets in the way.