• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Recommend me sleep-aid alternatives to phenibut

fugme

Bluelighter
About 1x a week i use phenibut in dosage 1.5-2gr as a sleep aid, however don't like the fact this slowly raises my tolerance to its recreational effects.
I have used alprazolam before and i find it extremely compulsive for someone with insomnia while phenibut is far from that..

I would like to find a drug / medicine that has virtually 0 cross-tolerance with phenibut while being non-compulsive.

thanks!

Haloperidol, ugh. It comes with a good chance to induce akathisia and dyskinesia way below the dosage which might or might not knock you out..

Quetiapine is indeed a good one but stick to 25-50mg, at 100 and above it behaves differently.
Diphenhydramine or doxylamine are OTC and work, can make you a bit drowsy at the next morning.
Alpha2 agonists can be good too, they lower norepinephrine and increase GABA. Look for these with shorter half life - just found: Dexmedetomidine sounds pretty ideal.

Maybe have a look here :
<3

thank you so much for you recommendations!

i have picked up doxylamine today and will test in the evening. I have also odered full spectrum cbd drops and see how that goes. Diphenhydramine by itself is unfortunately not sold anymore where i live. I have tried melatonin before and it had 0 effects.
If OTC these sleep-aids wont work i'll try to get quetiapine or dexmedetomidine - this one sounds especially useful for stimulant comedowns too.

Last edited:
Natural herbs.... Valerian, Passion Flower, Hops, Lemon Balm, Kava-Kava, L-Theanine, Melatonin, Damania

Very potent natural sleep aids I have been using for many years.

One step up from that would be Clonidine (a2 adre.recpt. agonist) or Propranolol (beta blocker) which are VERY effective, especially Clonidine 0.1mg half hour before bed.

Another step up would be Benzo’s & Barbi’s lol ;)

Phenibut takes roughly 3-4 hours for peak plasma levels, which isn’t the best for sleep per say. I take 1 gram Phenibut In the morning with orange juice....then 3 hours later I’ll have a strong coffee with L-Theanine to potentiate the good effects of the Phenibut....then I’ll take an additional 500mg Phenibut which will kick in another 3 hours ....so the Phenibut all day will make for a great sleep later that night, with an afterglow the next morning/day. Phenibut lasts nearly 24 hours . Amazing substance. I use only one 1.5 gram dose every weekend for fun, usually with Vyvanse as they compliment each other and both peak at the same time (approx 3 hours) little off topic now, sorry.

Last edited:
Benadryl (diphenhydramine) gets my vote....I dont sleep as deepfully on benadryl as I do from etizolam but it definitely knocks me out.