Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

^ for sure, not a barrel of fun (lol). Makes you appreciate being not dead, especially by those means, eh? 😉 We all may get a tiny, bit wiser by their reveal, I rekon'.

I highly recommend this documentary. I found it utterly fascinating.

Pazuzu eerily reminds me of my cousin... really creepy resemblance

Murder, Drugs, Filth, No rules lifestyle, heroin, crime, devil worship, poor stoner arrested for ordering 1lb of mushrooms on the darknet who later gets sacrificed to the devil, orgies, more murder...

Trigger warning: they show IV heroin use in every episode. Also the junkies in the movie triggered me in other ways too, the girlfriend really pisses me off for some reason

Anyways It's a great "True crime" type documentary series

all 5 episodes are on youtube free

Last edited:

I highly recommend this documentary. I found it utterly fascinating.

Pazuzu eerily reminds me of my cousin... really creepy resemblance

Murder, Drugs, Filth, No rules lifestyle, heroin, crime, devil worship, poor stoner arrested for ordering 1lb of mushrooms on the darknet who later gets sacrificed to the devil, orgies, more murder...

Trigger warning: they show IV heroin use in every episode. Also the junkies in the movie triggered me in other ways too, the girlfriend really pisses me off for some reason

Anyways It's a great "True crime" type documentary series

all 5 episodes are on youtube free

Saw it a while back. Reminded me of a visual representation of some SLR threads, down through the years. 😏

Fukin' Pazuzu...you ancient demon of wind & meth binges.

Oh my goodness let me cross that bridge off my backup plan mental planner I can't put my family through that plus it would probably hurt like hell and I wouldn't want to suffer even more I hate physical pain through injury or poisoning what was I thinking

Was watching imdb on explore (kind of like how on the TV guide channel it would sometimes run movies and shows), and a documentary came on called 'American Meth'.
It didn't really show lots of drug use, or drug synthesis. It mostly showed both men and women like getting their life back after battling meth addiction.
I don't know, it was one of those watches where I was coming down from meth, laying there tossing, turning, tired but can't sleep, possibly wanting another hit, but know I need to sleep kind of feeling and out of no where I hear the word 'Meth' on the TV.
So I watched it, about half way I had nodded out (which was a great thing). So yeah, was a pretty good watch. I mean I would have never thought about the meth epidemic/crisis etc. In Missoula, Montana which I had no clue was even a place.

fascinating very well made documentary about a group of corrupt cops in New York who worked with a notorious organized drug trafficking kingpin

I couldn't stop watching, amazing documentary and story, this story could be made into a movie easily

Last edited:

Documentary about the Chinese "Cultural Revolution", a bizarre and fascinating event IMO.

The footage of the "Red August" rallies of 1966 are pretty wild (1:50-5:50). People talking about, yeah, when we were kids everyone was all about going to Beijing to see Chairman Mao!

Uh, ok, what were you going to do when you got there and saw Chairman Mao?

Oh you know, jump up and down, wave the little red book around, scream frantically?

That seemed to be what people did during the Cultural Revolution, or at least that's the popular conception of it, a bunch of little brats torturing people and praising Chairman Mao Thought in equal measure. Some of the interviews are really interesting though, like the woman arriving late to a murder that she probably would've participated in, or the other guy talking about his experiences as a "Red Guard"...really strange story, I can't think of any other examples of a dictator mauling his own government with an army of deputized kids. It's commonly explained as a way for Mao to shore up control within the Chinese state but I don't think that explains it fully, as Mao was never really in jeopardy in that sense...he was unquestionably the strongest figure within the state and party, that's evident by the zealous fanaticism of the Red Guards and others during the Cultural Revolution

Last edited:
"...that's the popular conception of it, a bunch of little brats torturing people and praising Chairman Mao Thought in equal measure."

Interesting. Personally never thought of it that way but yeah, there's always, many, stereotypical tropes, for sure. Got to check this one out.

This is on Netflix but is a type of doc.
Tapes & interviews of some, incl. Best not to spoil this particular, documenting of narratives.

I heard about this when it came out but didn't bother, but wow... this is by far the most riveting true crime / court drama documentary I have EVER seen. Insane. It has everything, corrupt cops/sheriff, corrupt judges, corrupt lawyers, brilliant defense lawyers, crazy mystery, crazy evidence, forced confessions, framed innocents, everything... better than any drama movie you've seen. Crazy story.

It's fairly long winded and very thorough, it basically covers the entire court case. I couldn't stop binge watching it. Unlike your average crime documentary, it's very long.

Not sure if this is correct thread. Anyhow, 2 on NF, themes of dance & ice-skating, virtuosos. Both were riveting.

^It's a v. poignant one, very well produced show too, eh?
It was great, just finished season 2. I'll admit, it has some boring/slow moments, but I guess that's natural for such a thorough documentary.

I can't wait for season 3 which they are producing now.

Do you think Avery is innocent? The kid is innocent for sure, what a shame.

...not enough evidence (the film made me empathise more with his side, but , the former) - Avery was obviously, mistreated by the system - his mom &dad are such victims in it(it's heartbreaking) obviously, too, the man himself, if he wasn't involved.🙁
As for the nephew, the interview was obviously coercive....basically, law enforcement fucked up any opportunities, for perpetrators to be caught, as evidenced in doc.
The dysfunction & ineptitude, of investigation, is what's beyond, infuriating.:hammer: