• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

REAL Ghost stories

I've had a few strange experiences myself but I'd be very hesitant to call them "real ghost stories" - unexplained experiences would be a better term, I don't doubt the possibility that these happenings had some sort of mysterious explanation but I equally don't doubt they had some sort of rational or coincidental one.

All of these occurrences happened in the house I currently live in. The house isn't very old, maybe 18-25 years, though it's possible there was another house in its place previously. The man we bought the house from refused to see us personally but was in a hurry to sell and we were able to notably undercut his asking price and still get the house.

The first occurrence occurred several years back, when I was visiting this house while it was still just a holiday home where my grandparents lived. My parents and grandparents had gone out to the shops and I was alone in the house. I was sitting in what is now my bedroom and playing a game on the computer at one side of the room. At the other side of the room are three steps leading up to a wall, where there was originally meant to be a door going through to the bathroom. Those steps were being used as shelves, the steps are straight and not wonky in any way, and on each step there were some objects of various kinds sitting there.

Anyway I was sitting there playing my game when I heard a bang, I looked over to the steps and everything that had been on them was now laying on the floor. The weird thing was the window and door to my room were both closed. I was confused and couldn't think how to explain what had happened, but I decided that someone must have came home and have somehow exerted some kind of extreme force on the wall from the other side that had knocked everything off. I left the room and looked around the house, but no-one was home, and all the windows and doors were also closed.

The second occurrence happened quite a long time later, a couple of years ago, while I'm now living here. That same room is now my bedroom and this is where it took place. This wasn't even a single occurrence actually but rather a series of them. Many times at night I'd begin to feel like I was being watched or wasn't alone - a fairly normal thing to happen anywhere, I thought nothing of it. A few nights though I began to wake up and see a blonde woman standing in the far corner of the room staring at me, not moving or doing anything. When meditating I would also see strange figures behind closed eyes, a blonde woman, and a woman with long black hair and a white nightgown. I don't really know what to think of any of this, whether it's just some weird coincidence or if there's some reason behind seeing these figures.

The third occurrence happened in my dreams. One night I had several dreams in a row all depicting this young blonde woman's murder in the same room I was in. She was violently stabbed to death by a man while laying in bed, and each time I witnessed it from a different perspective, first through her eyes, second through the murderer's eyes. Then finally I woke up as myself and saw the aftermath of the murder, before waking up for real later, rather shaken by the experience.

Now the other day I had a friend stay over the night and she commented to me in the morning that in the corner of the room she'd seen a blonde woman standing there staring at her - in the same corner where I'd always seen her. I'd mentioned these events to her previously so it's quite likely she was affected by that and saw it as a result, though I never mentioned where I saw the woman, or that she was blonde, so that stood out as weird to me.

Weird shit, makes me very curious. I'd really love to know for certain if there's a rational explanation or if the truth is even weirder, and if the latter, what the story behind all of this is.

^ Creepy. If something is really happening, then maybe it's to do with that blonde woman not moving on? Even if it's not a ghost, I often wonder if an intense past experience can be imprinted on a space. For example, I have read many anecdotes about people being more prone to commit suicide in places where other suicides have happened, etc.

I've had a few strange experiences myself but I'd be very hesitant to call them "real ghost stories" - unexplained experiences would be a better term, I don't doubt the possibility that these happenings had some sort of mysterious explanation but I equally don't doubt they had some sort of rational or coincidental one.

All of these occurrences happened in the house I currently live in. The house isn't very old, maybe 18-25 years, though it's possible there was another house in its place previously. The man we bought the house from refused to see us personally but was in a hurry to sell and we were able to notably undercut his asking price and still get the house.

The first occurrence occurred several years back, when I was visiting this house while it was still just a holiday home where my grandparents lived. My parents and grandparents had gone out to the shops and I was alone in the house. I was sitting in what is now my bedroom and playing a game on the computer at one side of the room. At the other side of the room are three steps leading up to a wall, where there was originally meant to be a door going through to the bathroom. Those steps were being used as shelves, the steps are straight and not wonky in any way, and on each step there were some objects of various kinds sitting there.

Anyway I was sitting there playing my game when I heard a bang, I looked over to the steps and everything that had been on them was now laying on the floor. The weird thing was the window and door to my room were both closed. I was confused and couldn't think how to explain what had happened, but I decided that someone must have came home and have somehow exerted some kind of extreme force on the wall from the other side that had knocked everything off. I left the room and looked around the house, but no-one was home, and all the windows and doors were also closed.

The second occurrence happened quite a long time later, a couple of years ago, while I'm now living here. That same room is now my bedroom and this is where it took place. This wasn't even a single occurrence actually but rather a series of them. Many times at night I'd begin to feel like I was being watched or wasn't alone - a fairly normal thing to happen anywhere, I thought nothing of it. A few nights though I began to wake up and see a blonde woman standing in the far corner of the room staring at me, not moving or doing anything. When meditating I would also see strange figures behind closed eyes, a blonde woman, and a woman with long black hair and a white nightgown. I don't really know what to think of any of this, whether it's just some weird coincidence or if there's some reason behind seeing these figures.

The third occurrence happened in my dreams. One night I had several dreams in a row all depicting this young blonde woman's murder in the same room I was in. She was violently stabbed to death by a man while laying in bed, and each time I witnessed it from a different perspective, first through her eyes, second through the murderer's eyes. Then finally I woke up as myself and saw the aftermath of the murder, before waking up for real later, rather shaken by the experience.

Now the other day I had a friend stay over the night and she commented to me in the morning that in the corner of the room she'd seen a blonde woman standing there staring at her - in the same corner where I'd always seen her. I'd mentioned these events to her previously so it's quite likely she was affected by that and saw it as a result, though I never mentioned where I saw the woman, or that she was blonde, so that stood out as weird to me.

Weird shit, makes me very curious. I'd really love to know for certain if there's a rational explanation or if the truth is even weirder, and if the latter, what the story behind all of this is.
That's crazy shit, I'd tell you to try to make contact with her, but personally I'd never do that as I wouldn't want to be haunted if she is malevolent.

I think what you are describing in the beginning is depersonalization, I've had it quite a few times myself and it can be pretty creepy/scary. I think it has something to do with anxiety disorders. But I must say that the human brain is very susceptible to halucinations. If your anticipating that you'll see a ghost, you will most likely find one. But I must say it all sounds like bullshit to me. I've used a ouija board, I've been in abandoned houses where friends have claimed paranormal presence. At no time in my life have I ever believed in the paranormal. You simply can't survive death in a non-physical form.

I definitely agree with this, i remember staring in the mirror many times. And it felt like there was another person looking back, something really strange about it. This was caused by my ecstasy usage, because fucking up your serotonin system (which MDMA does) causes perception problems along a whole list of other things.

I never have but some of my friends have and they said how it was not scary to them, even though the ghost or whatever it was did not like them being in a certain place where they were at the time. They said how the ghosts felt like fog, were cold, and at first it made them feel as though they were being watched and then they saw the ghost or whatever you call them.

Another friend talked about experiencing a poltergeist in that things would get moved or broken when nobody was around, or at night when he was asleep and alone.

Anyone here ever use an EMF reader like you see people who are into ghost hunting use?

Or hold a seance?

If so what happened? I don't own anything like that, and I've never held a seance.

My friend and I did play around with an Ouiji board that was the type you buy in a store made by Parker brothers when we were kids, he made it say his sister is a bitch.

Last edited: