• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

REAL Ghost stories

This is somewhere between a dicksizing thread, a good old fashioned eloquent troll thread, and a debate about UFOs

Either way I'm intrigued

I'm glad somebody is, because I'm anything but intrigued. The fact that it's hard to have a friendly thread here where people share their brushes with the otherworldly without becoming objects of ridicule or feeling like they're on trial is a huge turnoff to me, and a big reason I post less in P&S these days. Simply put I just don't feel at home here.

If anyone replies and asks me to defend why this forum should be more paranormal and supernatural friendly, or takes me to task for why the notion of the supernatural should be taken seriously at all by anyone, I'll warn you now I'm going to ignore you. Words cannot express how burnt out I am on those debates. But more relevantly, I don't want to divert this thread even further from its original purpose.

^ I agree... Closed-mindedness in any form is unappealing, I'd say...

The night of the largest earthquake I have experienced (coming from California, I have seen a few), I woke up in the middle of the night to see several dozen ghosts cavorting around the ceiling. I was so exhausted from (fear due to) the earthquake and having been awake for many hours in a row that I simply went back to sleep. The next morning, I had forgotten about it, but my girlfriend at the time asked me if I had seen anything funny the night before. I suddenly remembered, but asked her what she meant (while chills crawled up my spine). She said that she had seen ghosts in our room, up by the ceiling. The next night, we slept in her sister's room. :sus:

It doesn't make sense scientifically to say that ghosts aren't real. Real tough to prove a negative.
Instead, what those people should say, to be honest, is "my mind is closed to the possibility".

As ghosts are "supernatural", science - which was created to study nature - by definition was not made to study ghosts.
If science gives us no evidence that ghosts exist, it may just be due to lack of evidence, so saying "ghosts don't exist" is really being a poor thinker/scientist.
And, for those of us who have experienced something, we really couldn't care less if you can't find evidence and don't believe us.
If there is no evidence that a rose smells wonderful, it doesn't alter the reality.

Thank you, slimvictor. It's one thing to take someone to task for making a generalization -- that's fair; generalizations ought to be examined to make sure they're well-founded, because they can be dangerous if they're not. But giving someone a hard time about one experience they had, and their interpretation of it, when they weren't looking to have it reevaluated or reinterpreted, is just heckling someone. My experience is my experience, and unless I invited you to do so, who are you or anyone else to deny or invalidate it??

^ That's kinda what happens when you post on a public forum :\

Who are you to tell me I can't disagree with an interpretation of an event and post my theory?

Welcome to the internet.

Last edited:
^ By that same logic, anyone who posts their sad story on The Dark Side because they're at their wits end and have no one to talk to, needs to just buck up and expect it if they get trolled. It's a jungle out there, get used to it :\

^ It's kind of rude and barrier-building to pipe up uninvited and tell someone their personal experience or their interpretation of it is bullshit, especially when they weren't using their story to prove any general point.

Bottom line, I just wish there was room on this website for a thread about people's own brushes with the paranormal or supernatural, that didn't digress inevitably into the same old debate about whether the supernatural is real and valid at all. I'm resigned, at this point, to the fact that most folks here don't support me on this.

^ That's kinda like saying people who post in ED with dodgy experiences should not be met with "It wasn't MDMA".. Even though they are all sure it wasn't MDMA.. or people posting "someone was in my room.. i couldn't move and it was hard to breathe.. it was really scary but then they just vanished".. shouldn't be met with "sounds like sleep paralysis".. and so on..

There is nothing stopping you from ignoring us sceptics..

I live in the countryside and late one night/in the early hours about 10 years ago I was cycling home on my bicycle.

It was a clear night I wasn't under the influence of anything other than some beer and cocaine.

Anyway it was an awesome night with beautiful clear skies & stars everywhere. I had just cycled about 4 miles on the road before turning off road to go down a lane which led to my old house.

As I freewheeled down the lane I noticed something in the corner of my eye.
It was in the sky and you couldn't miss it.

It was so bright and lit up the sky like a rocket.

I stopped my bicycle and looked up at it, it was no conventional shooting star. It moved alot slower and was much bigger.
I expected there to be some noise but it was completely silent.

A big round disc, lighting everything up around it and leaving a huge trail of light behind it.

After watching it for about 10 seconds it disappeared and it looked like whatever it was had crashed into a field.
After which a group of cows in a nearby field started going crazy. Mooing and making alot of noise.
Immediately I thought 'holy shit - space aleinz' or something have just landed.. So I proceeded to get home as fast as poss, locking the door behind me swiftly.

Looking back I know it was just a meteor, but it's still fun to tell people about.

With regards to ghosts there was a very intriguing story that happened in 'Tantallon Castle' in Scotland a few years ago.

This photo was taken in 1976....

fantome-fenetre-2.jpg

Then in 2008 another photo was taken in the same castle. Only lower down. It's the same 'window' in the background.

castle_1373149i.jpg

Make of it what you will, but it seems to be the most compelling ghost story I've come across.
Here's the full story..

http://www.flickeringtorches.com/20...le-tourist-snaps-tantalizing-ghost-photo.html

Last night I was just chillen, playin soem SWTOR, when ALL OF A SUDDEN, I heard this LOUD cracking sound. It was like SNAP SNAP... and I was like wtf? I stopped everything I was doin' to check and see if I could find somethin' that fell off the table, but I couldn't find anything. I was trippen' the whole night after that.

Mannnnnn one time I was up for like four days straight smokin' meth and drinkin' cough syrup, and I thought I heard this weird sound rapping at my window!!11 But then I looked and nothing was there!!11! Most insane paranormal experience of my life - I'm absolutely convinced that ghosts are real. ;)

My wife (then girlfriend) and I had just gotten home from a road trip. It was around 10PM on Sunday night. I was playing on my computer in the bedroom, and she was talking to me from the bathroom. The door between the bathroom and the bedroom are open, but I'm not looking that way. She was telling me some mundane story and I was listening with half a brain. All of a sudden she freaks out and screams "Did you see that honey?!" and seemed pretty seriously upset. I figured she'd seen some kind of vermin or something, and turned my attention to her a little bit annoyed. She told me that an aerosol can had lifted off the counter and moved by itself. I was kind of skeptical. But before I could ask another question, a second aerosol can, before both of our astonished faces, gently and silently floated upward and stopped, moved a foot or so to the right, and gently lowered itself to the ground, next to the other one, behind the toilet. The movement took about 2-3 seconds to complete, and was a smooth and linear motion. The can didn't flip or wobble while in midair. It was as if it had been cut and pasted by some divine mouseclick from one part of reality to another. We both looked at each other absolutely gobsmacked, and she finally said "See?

We were both entirely sober at the time. She had told me of poltergeist-like activity in the apartment when we first got together, and I hadn't given her stories all that much credence. (Let's just say having her attribute the telekinesis to this Tibetan Rinpoche that her mother's flaky, money-sponging white Buddhist nun worshipped didn't help her case.)

We slept with the lights on that night. We didn't touch those cans again until we moved from that apartment. It was a new-ish set of corporate commuter apartments, on land that hadn't been used residentially before, and there were no legends we knew of surrounding the place. But this is the best evidence I've ever seen of a glitch in the program, a wave from the author of this story to his characters, an attempt at communication by a being from a reality adjacent to ours but not part o it. Some greater reality or plan in any case.

Wow. That was a fascinating read. :)

Dammit. Why does reality always consistently behave according to the predictable laws of nature for me?! Argh. I want a reason to believe in a greater reality. Haha.

Last edited:
Last night I had experiences again with something else. My mom has been out of town for 3 days, and I've had this big house to myself (3 stories). I sleep on the bottom floor, and I'm going to sleep last night at like 4am and I hear this loud boom noise. I ignored it, telling my self it was nothing. Then I heard a boom again, in the same place. My head is making excuses at this point. I continue to hear the noise for the next 30 minutes, every 7 minutes or so. It started getting faster, and it was moving around my house on the second level, and then I heard it get closer, and closer, and then I heard it down stairs on my floor, but it was a different snapping noise. I eventually fell asleep, woke up like nothing ever happened.

I had an Alien Ghost from Andromeda invite me round his house to play Burnout: Paradise for a bit. "Although my planet is in a different galaxy to yours, we still love your racing games" he told me.

He had a bowl of lays out, and he made a joke that the "Potato snacks on his home planet were not up to standard!" We both chuckled and laughed about it, but he did seem mildly annoyed that I'd eaten too many. But he eventually just got another packet from his cupboard and poured them in to the same bowl. "Like it never happened" he chuckled.

We talked about the times girls had rejected us and discussed our experiences with the 'fairer sex'. He complained that his girlfriend was constantly moaning and asking him to buy her new shoes and clothes. "I don't believe love should be like that" he said. "It's not what love's about, y'know?"

Eventually his pager went off, and he said he had to head over to his friends planet, as they had a broken water main and he was good at plumbing (he'd taken an apprenticeship course in 'Welding & Basic Plumbing'). We exchanged numbers and Facebook URLs and he said he'd be in touch in about a week. Swell guy.

Also I was completely sober at the time, I'd only had 8000mgs of LSD and 40,000mg's of Methadone. But other than that I was completely sober.

My Auntie was there too and she had a game on Burnout with the Ghost Alien. It really did happen and I have the proof. She beat him in a Mazda RX-8 and he was driving a BMW X4.

How could I know that if it didn't happen?

There seemed to be a lot of freaking the fuck out in that story. Very creepy indeed though. It scared me especially because it gave me the feeling that I was being watched by something behind me...

Yea ever since I have been hearing random sounds in the house with no 'apparent' source when I initially check around. I've gotten used to the sounds now, it's a new house so probably it's just settling in with the foundation. The only thing is I have had experiences with other worldly entities making noises at my old house as well.

Yea ever since I have been hearing random sounds in the house with no 'apparent' source when I initially check around. I've gotten used to the sounds now, it's a new house so probably it's just settling in with the foundation. The only thing is I have had experiences with other worldly entities making noises at my old house as well.

sounds like a demon is following you around.

While we were trying to go to sleep, our computer which is in the hallway outside my sisters room, suddenly started playing music. For no reason. No one was in the hall.

that has happened to me, but i think it was my dead brother trying to communicate.

For a while i lived in a small fishing village in south america. They fully believed in fantasmas and brujos and brujas. One night i was awoken around two am on a full moon to EVERY dog in the pueblo going bat shit crazy barking and howling. This went on for quite some time. Next day i asked what that was all about to a local friend. They just explained how an old timer drown fishing and every once in a while during the full moons his spirit will come ashore n roam the village. That sound of all the dogs, there were quite a few, it was something that i wont eve forget. Gives me goosebumps to think about it.

I respect the beliefs of the people who live there. Although they were catholic they believed in shamanism, spirits, etc. And so do I :)